Club Quarters, San Francisco

424 Clay Street, San Francisco, California, 94111, United States

Club Quarters San Francisco
Travelocity Hotels.com Orbitz.com

• Quiet, Clean, and Nice

Stayed five nights/six days last week on business. This hotel is clean, the hotel staff was very nice and knowledgeable, and I felt very safe during my stay.

The waiting area was small with limited seating and a large television. Also in the waiting area were two computers (and printers) that can be used free of charge by guests. Not much else.

I did like the fact that I had to use my room key in the elevator to gain access to the upper floors. I also like the fact that there was a free chilled purified water machine (and unused plastic bottles) on each floor along with a closet full of essentials including ironing boards and irons, extra blankets, etc.

The rooms were very comfortable, decent size, and ergonomic for business travelers including a wireless keyboard. The queen-sized bed felt much larger than queen size and the pillows were awesome. That being said, there wasn't much interesting about the room and the bathroom was pretty small and offered a shower-only experience with one inconvenient holder your shampoo and other showering essentials.

Upon checkin, I noticed a sign that said that exercise equipment could be delivered to my room. Which got my mind to thinking...what kind of exercise equipment could be used in my room -- thigh master? hand weights? -- just not sure as I never asked. There was no pool that I know of.

CQ does not have a dining room, but does offer cookies. They were nice warm cookies, too. There was, however, a nice bar/bar food establishment next door which was nice considering that there are no other restaurants close by -- within walking distance, but not close by.

One point of interest that I found upon checkout was the fact the CQ is built over a real Gold Rush Ship. There are pictures in the lobby of an excavation that was done. Pretty cool.

Directions: In the Financial District; a couple blocks down from the Transamerica building; across the street from the Embarcadero shopping plaza and movie theater; very short walk to Columbus Street/North Beach

• CelticSu's Profile Photo

Best Kept Hotel Secret in San Francisco

Club Quarters is a new concept in hotels - it's primarily a private club hotel for business travelers during the week, but on weekends and holidays, it's available to non-members.

They have a range of rooms from over-sized studios with kitchenette to family units. Our room was small but comfortable and clean. Club type amenities and services are offered such as restricted entry, free high speed wireless, private Club Room, fitness room, 24 hour room service, shopping services/refrigerator stocking . . .

There's a restaurant/bar attached (Elephant and Castle Pub), and it's located within walking distance of much of downtown San Francisco - Market Street, Financial District, Embarcadero Center, China Town, Union Square, North Beach, the Ferry Building Marketplace . . .

Unique Quality: Reasonable pricing, full services, central location, friendly and helpful staff.

Directions: Clay Street near Battery (just a few feet up from Embarcadero Center.

• manuelEB's Profile Photo

Convenient to the n power!!!

I've been in San Francisco many times and always found accomodation (cheap accomodation ) in the area close to Civic Center. This year I made the mistake to announce my visit and Oiran(Geisha_Girl) even talked about rolling a red carpet. The result many people decided to come to SF and there was no chances to find a sinle room. My last resort was the auction. I did it and by the grace of the almighty visa card I got room in this newly reconstructed
    hotel two block form Embarcadero!!!! And 30 cm from beers!!!

Unique Quality: New. Comfortable. Clean. A great pub next door.

Directions: In front of the Hyatt Regency Hotel at Embarcadero.
    Do you know the meaning of the Spanish word Embarcadero? No! Well learn Spanish quickly because in California se habla Espa#ol!!! Don't say later I did not tell you.

More about Club Quarters, San Francisco

Not Bad

Rooms are small but clean, the staff were not very helpful or knowledgable. No parking for this hotel and they send you to the parking Garage across the street which charges 35.00 a day to park!!! (I almost had a heart attack when I heard that) Located in the financial district, 5 minute walk from China town and about 25 to Fishermans Wharf. Because of the location nothing is open on the weekends, I was shocked to find that even the Starbucks nearby was closed!

Stay some where else!

The rooms are very, very small! (My bathroom is bigger) Not a good location for families. There were no in room amenities (glasses, ice bucket, towels, etc.) The parking is not at the hotel and is $30.00 per 24 hour period. The staff is very snotty and not helpful. I would not stay there again and I would not recommend this hotel.

Nice, no-frills hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Daisy11

CQ San Francisco is a nice, no-frills hotel. Good location in the financial district - walking distance to attractions and easy access to public transportation. I was familiar with this chain through work (CQ is a business-travel hotel) so I knew to expect small rooms. However, if you're more interested in seeing the city than a posh hotel room this is a great choice. The room was very clean and included a small coffee maker (with all necessary supplies), glasses and coffee mugs. They also have a fitness center and computers with free internet access available for guests' use. All service people I encountered were helpful and courteous. Couldn't beat the price and location.

I like it ... but

by TripAdvisor Member Wardour_Waddler

Hmmm ... this is an interesting and different hotel. Boutiquey and feels small and intimate - but not stupid prices. Very much focussed on the budget business traveller and not really for the family.

Positives:

Easy, electronic checkin. Nice furnishings, art and touches. Limited gym, but open 24 hours (if you ask), Good shower and basic room amenities ie. TV/Coffee etc.. Unlimited free wireless broadband in room. Very friendly and staff try very hard to accomodate. Location is great. Good value. Powerful aircon for a cold room at night.

Negatives

No minibar (vending machines in basement), No Iron or board in room (you have to go to your floor's guest storeroom - where they had run out of irons when I stayed - so grab early!). Rooms are quite small, but actually fine. Walls do seem a little thin - I could hear next door's television.

I liked it over all and will definately use the club again.

Fantastic for the price

by TripAdvisor Member Reina_Lovers

My wife and I visited San Francisco April 15-18th. We stayed at Club Quarters 2 nights and the Palomar 1 night. Of course the Palomar was more lavishing but you need to determine how much time you actually spend in a hotel room. We are in our mid 30's and travel approximately 2-3 times a year. We like to site see from dawn to dusk and rarely spend much time in the room except to shower and sleep. Although Club Quarters rooms are small, they are extremely, extremely clean. Our room had a modern look to it with a desk and internet access if needed. The bath room is tiny with a stand-up shower (no tub) but like I said, it too was very clean. The walls or floors are thin because we faintly heard a couple somewhere around us. The front desk was very freindly and offered assistance when needed. The cable cars are only 2-3 blocks away and the F-line to Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39 is only a 5 minute walk. All in all, for the $75 a night we paid through Priceline, I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

great hotel

Loved this hotel. Great location, very clean, staff very kind and helpful.
Sure the room was small but laid out very efficent.
Very secure felt very comfortable and safe staying here.
Great balcony on 11th floor with wonderful views of city and bay.
Food in adjoining restaurant was excellant, has a huge bar with a pub atmosphere. When we return this is where we will stay.

Limited Use of Free Stay Coupons

I have been staying at this hotel on and off for 9 months, building up plenty of "night on the house" coupons. I was fine with this as it's a great location, a big enough sized room for one person and relatively cheap compared to other hotels in the financial district. However I when I tried to use my night on the house coupons this month I was informed that they aren't valid for May and June. I will no longer be staying here and will switch to another hotel where I can actually use my points!

Comments