Cova Hotel San Francisco

Cova Hotel
Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 115% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• DSwede's Profile Photo

Great hotel and staff, near central location

The staff upon arrival were extremely helpful. Every time I passed by they not only remembered me, but were quick to ask how things were and offer suggestions. My friend stayed here before and recommended it to me. I'd stay again.

The rooms are very comfortable and clean, shown exactly as they are in the webpage which is not always the case for hotels. The Cova was extremely comfortable and nice once inside, but the location is not all that prime.

It is a very short walk to Civic Center and City Hall. Also in this neighborhood there are no shortage of Asian restaurants and eateries. People who may be new the city may judge the characters on the street as dangerous and questionable, but in reality, it is a safe neighborhood, just what those more familiar with the city might label as colorful.

Unique Quality: The hotel offers free WiFi, ~50 channels on the cable TV, free breakfast. If you have a car, parking is available for a fee.

The deluxe and suites have full mini bars and mini fridges.

They offer complimentary shuttles to/from places such as Fisherman's Wharf, Unions Square and Mocsone Center. Shuttles run on limited times, so guests just need to reserve a seat.

Directions: About 4 blocks up the hill from Union Square Station

More about Cova Hotel San Francisco

loved the cova hotel

by TripAdvisor Member kelly149

we stayed here for 4 nights and can i say the hotel was lovely. from the minute we walked into the hotel the staff were very helpful. the room was lovely and modern. the area was not great but as soon as we got there the staff gave us a map and told us not to go a certain way to union square we did as they said and never came across any street people. when returning to the hotel at night from eg pier 39 we d get a taxi to the door $15 dolllars including tip.
the free breakfasts were lovely
if we were to travel back to san francisco we d stay here again

Wonderful COVA HOTEL!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member rufusandstevo

Hello Everyone!
I have had the great fortune of discovering a newly renovated hotel located in the heart of San Francisco called the COVA HOTEL. I stayed here last month and was so impressed that I booked it again for my weeks stay. Why am I so impressed with the COVA? Read on. First, I must compliment the staff. They really go above and beyond to make the stay comfortable, fun, and personable. Check in is a breeze. Five minutes or less and you don't have to really wait until 3pm unless they are totally full. Now the rooms: SPACIOUS and VERY VERY CLEAN!!! The beds are very comfortable. I dont know what type of mattress but it is certainly well above average. The feather duvet is an added bonus of comfort. They also have these lovely blue throws to keep warm in the comfy chair by these HUGE floor to ceiling windows! The best part of the room for me are the lovely raw silk drapes. It adds such drama and luxury to the room. Also, you get the flat screen t.v. with multiple cable channels and my favorite 2 channels, ABC and Travel Channel so I can watch No Reservations and Bizarre Foods. :) The bathrooms are sleek and modern with a cool round sink, deep bathtub, and nice peppermint toiletries. Refreshing. The mornings are nice because they serve a lovely continental breakfast with fresh homemade waffles (made to order!!!!!!), hard boiled eggs, cereals, juices, bagels, croissants, yogurts,fruit and noodles for those who enjoy an Asian taste. I do think this is one of the best damn continental breakfasts of any hotel. The magic words here are: FRESH! FRESH! FRESH!......oh, and FREE!!! One more thing about the breakfast room......its on the top floor and you get the most amazing panoramic views of San Francisco. Try to go very early at 7am so that you can see the sun rising. Lovely. I really could go on and on about this place. They also provide a free shuttle and parking. Free Wi-fi and FREE BUSINESS CENTER with printers! One thing that you might want to consider is that in San Francisco there are a number of homeless. Honestly, if you have ever been to any big city then its just another thing. They are quite friendly and non-threatening. The COVA is quite secure and they have insured this with security keys that restricts floors and so on. Hmmm, trying to think of more things I can say. If your in San Francisco and want a very comfortable, clean, and fun atmosphere, then the Cova Hotel is your bet!! OH, the price. So far since its off peak season, under $100 and they have informed me that it does not go up that much more during peak season. So I think this is one of the best values in the city. Have fun in San Francisco! I sure did!!!!!

Liked the Cova - nice hotel, little flaws

by TripAdvisor Member Reisetiger

We stayed at the Cova Hotel for 10 days. The rooms are really nice and staff is generally friendly. Everything is very clean and housekeeping is efficient.
As stated in the other reviews, the location is central but not very good. Lots of homeless and strange people on the street. I don't think it's really unsafe but wouldn't recommend the hotel to people who are easily scared or women travelling alone.
The breakfast is good compared to other hotel / motels in the US in a similar price range (choice of bagels, eggs, cereal, fresh fruit, waffles) but gets a bit boring after a while when staying longer. Coffee is American style, there's no espresso.
The free wireless internet is good but sometimes slow and not very reliable - this could be improved.
There is onsite parking but the 25$ a day is more than I paid for my rental car - so I decided to use street parking. It is possible to find street parking around the hotel, but it's metered during the day (9am - 6pm) and you have to carefully watch the signs for restrictions.
PLUS: Nice, big and clean rooms, good value for money, free wireless internet, friendly staff
MINUS: Location, Parking expensive, Internet slow

Beautiful rooms and good service

by TripAdvisor Member LondonSacha

We went to Cova Hotel in november for few days. The hotel was really nice, welcoming staff, beautiful rooms ( large, modern, clean). There is also access to a gym and a free (excellent) breakfast. However, we were very confused because of the location, it was weird and didn't look very safe at night. But we will definitly recommend this hotel.

Best value for the price

by TripAdvisor Member TheoLaGr

Stayed for a Saturday night, the price was excellent compared with prices we got for crappy hotels two blocks away. The neighborhood is not the greatest but it's 10 minutes walk from union square. The rooms are amazing (except the view), compare them to hyatt quality. The staff was helpful, the breakfast decent.

Nice Hotel , Poor Loacation

by TripAdvisor Member FPRXR6

Hotel is nice inside, Breakfast is nice and staff are helpful, Chris from the front desk was very helpful and polite, great bloke! Area that hotel is in is very suspect and does not feel safe, we were advised by many locals not to walk through the homeless area. Our first night was a nightmare as we were shipped off to another hotel due to plumbing issues at Cova. Front desk staff need to be faster and have their act together as things there were very slow. Room size was great and clean. All in all not the worst but a few things need to improve. Good to see they are having a go in a trouble area. Would recommend the free shuttle into town very handy and safe also. Would stay there again if needed.

A Nice Getaway

by TripAdvisor Member Vang_s14

Hm, well, what could I say, it was great. I was a bit confused where the entrance was because of the renovations, but I found it. The lobby wasn't in the best of shape, but that was because of the renovations again. The staff was courteous and helpful and even offered an upgrade to a suite for only 40 dollars more. They seemed very 'down-to-earth' and like they were genuine in their doings. The room was spacious and super clean. Despite the construction downstairs, the room was quiet and peaceful. The bed was heavenly and pleasant. The room had NO WEIRD ODORS, which was another big plus for me. The bathroom was recently remodeled and had a contemporary feel to it. I would definitely come here again.

Excellent!

by TripAdvisor Member steli

Even though the hotel is in remodeling the service is excellent and the rooms are really clean and they look new. The staff is very nice and very welcoming from the hotel reception desk (Armando) to the shuttle driver. It's definitely a YES! Good Job!

Great experience

by TripAdvisor Member JOETHEDEVIL

COVA was a great hotel, accommodating and friendly staff, generous breakfast served with a good view over the local area. Rooms were great, spacious and comfortable.
It's a quick walk to shops, bars - if you're the nervous type take the free shuttle or a taxi back (cheap). I would suggest people take the time to walk in the daytime, we experienced no problems, people should not shut their eyes to the local area and people!

Great Hotel and staff are very helpful

by TripAdvisor Member gordiebrooks

This hotel although under refurbishment when I stayed there was extremely good, rooms are well appointed and are of a good size and design. The staff are all helpful in all aspects of your stay plus there is a shuttle bus every hour to Union Square Station during the day. The location of the hotel leaves a lot to be desired and I did not feel safe during the nights on the local streets but overall I had a fantastic stay and would recommend to anyone.

Comments