Fairmont San Francisco

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Costs 27% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• galat's Profile Photo

A dream

Magnificent Hotel, unforgettable experience.
    I recommend low season in order to enjoy. ($150.00 Us !!)

Unique Quality: Outstanding service, comfort and luxury.

Directions: Nob Hill. near downtown and everything.

• tarced's Profile Photo

Still Standing Tall

This hotel was fantastic- especially for the money (we booked on the internet for $139/night). The bed was wonderfully comfortable with luxury sheets and a feather topper we literally sank into bed each evening and the room was reasonably spacious. The concierge was very helpful giving us detailed directions everywhere we had planned to go and making dinner reservations for us. He also went above and beyond to try to get us reservations to dine at the Ritz Carlton during Ron Siegel's premier week (believe it or not, he got a time for us but it didn't work into our schedule :-( )

Unique Quality: Since the hotel is located on Nob Hill, we obviously had some fantastic views of the city. It also was very convenient when taking the cable cars since the different lines cross on Nob HIll. If you enjoy history, this hotel survived the San Francisco earthquake and fire in 1906, so it is a historical landmark.

• Old World Charm

This beautiful building was built in 1907 and staying in a building that's seen so much more than you could imagine is just fun!

It was a little creepy and I liked it. Is that called ghost appeal?

Beautifully ornate.

Unique Quality: Great location - the 2 cable car lines meet right up front!

• daletincher's Profile Photo

Nob Hill Hotel

The Fairmont is an elegant hotel, offering great food, scenery, service and clean, attractive rooms.

• Dundooni's Profile Photo

Glorious views of all of San Francisco

The Fairmont Hotel is one of the most beautiful, luxurious and certainly classiest hotels I have ever had the pleasure of staying in. It was recently renovated, so the place it simply spectacular with marble floors, beautifully carved furniture and crystal chandeliers. Location-wise, the Fairmont is perfect. It's walking distance to everything and just a trolley ride to anything else. The food is delicious, with spacious rooms with incredible views of Alcatraz, the city and the bay!

Unique Quality: The lounge and lobby restaurant are particularly chic, with a piano player who gently taps sweet tunes on the ivory keys.

• TRimer's Profile Photo

My Favorite Hotel as a Child

This is the grand hotel that my sisters and I always stayed in during our stopover from New York to Hong Kong. We loved this place, especially the ice cream parlour. I have since been back for business and the hotel has not lost its place in my heart.

Unique Quality: World-renowned, The Fairmont Hotel presents an awe-inspiring picture of historic San Francisco. The grandeur of the fully-restored hotel coupled with its reputation for impeccable service promises a truly memorable experience. The recently completed $85 million restoration project is highlighted by the re-emergence of the Main Lobby as a grand public space. Each of the hotel's spacious guestrooms and suites were also redecorated in elegant style.

Directions: Nob Hill

• snmred's Profile Photo

Wait, I paid a ton of money in...

Wait, I paid a ton of money in rent to live here. I do know that the hotels that you want to stay in are mostly in the Union Square area. That's where all the commercialized shopping and some good restaurants are.

If you have a bit of cash to blow ($300 per night for a normal room) I definately reccomend The Fairmont. It's world famous, sits on a hill with a great view of the city, newly rennovated and georgeous and there is a bar/nightclub there called The Tonga Room. You must exerience The Tonga Room even if you don't stay at the hotel. Tiki drinks and fake rain galore!! It's fabulous.

Unique Quality: You get those little umbrellas and pineapple in your cocktails. Not enough bars use those umbrellas anymore.

Directions: Farimont is on California St. about four blocks from Union Square

More about Fairmont San Francisco

Fairmont San Francisco for Families.

by TripAdvisor Member airdisc

A beautiful old world charm hotel.The property is well kept and close to the intersection of two main trolley lines.I would recommend this hotel for couples and singles,however not for families with kids,as you will find getting to and from the hotel is a bit tricky.

Also be prepared for a huge commute to your room ,las vegas style.

Enjoy the city by the bay.

Positive Experience at the Fairmont

by TripAdvisor Member gone40

We attended a friend's wedding on Saturday the 16th and spent the night in a deluxe tower room. We were worried about the impact of the labor problems on our stay - but found only minor service reductions (room service, valet). All the staff we interacted with were positive and helpful.

Our renovated room on the 17th floor was very clean and had a great view. We were high enough up not to hear the protesters below. The breakfast buffet was very good and a great value at $18.

Even with the reduced staffing, we found the Fairmont superior to other San Francisco Hotel's we've stayed at recently (Ritz, Mark Hopkins, Palace and the St. Francis)

Will be visiting SF

by nnj63

Hi, While searching around the web for things to do in SF I found this site. I decided to join up and read about the city and where to go and all that good stuff.

I will attending a conference at the Moscone Center. The conference is the week of the 20th and I may arive a few days earlier. I tried to get a room at the 'W' but they were all booked up. I hope the Sheraton is nice.

Is it possible that a gathering of other VT'ers will be taking place during my time in SF. If so, I would love to tag along and enjoy an evening out with some people from the area. If so, please let me know.

If you have any tips for a New Yorker I would be glad to hear them. We have plenty of tourist traps on this side of the US which I would like to try and avoid if possible in your great city.

Re: Will be visiting SF

by aloha088

hello!
If you're looking for a trendy hotel like the W San Francisco, I can recommend you the Clift San Francisco, it's as well a designer hotel, the newest of the Ian-Schrager-Family. The location is great right near Union Square, but hurry, it may be booked up too.
San Franciso is very easy and nice town. Don't miss Fisherman's Wharf (lot of entertaining an Restaurants) make a boat cruise to the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz. Ride a cable car or have brunch at the Fairmont San Francisco on Nob Hill (fantastic view!!)

have fun