Galleria Park Hotel

191 Sutter Street & Kearny Street, San Francisco, California, 94104, United States

Galleria Park, a Joie de Vivre hotel
Expedia.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Costs 91% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Hopkid's Profile Photo

Great Lodging in Great Location

This is one of the so-called boutique hotels in San Francisco. We got a great rate ($80 per night) on priceline.com. In an older building, the hallways are nice and wide and the lounge/lobby area is spacious and cozy with a fireplace. They have a complimentary wine and cheese each evening from 5-6pm. Rooms have been nicely updated and include flat screen TVs, nice bedding, and honor bar. Our room also had a writing desk and a lounge chair. We had an internal room with a window that looked out onto the alley on the west side of the building.

The best thing is the location. At the corner of Sutter and Kearney, it is on the cusp of the Financial District, Union Square, and Chinatown. The sights South of Market are just a few blocks away down Kearney towards Market. It is also just two blocks from the Montgomery Street BART station. No breakfast is included with your room rate but there is complimentary coffee and tea each morning and plenty of breakfast options within a block of the hotel. there is a business center with two computers with dreadfully slow internet connections. The one negative is that if you have a car it will cost you $40 (including tax) per night for the hotel's valet parking.

Unique Quality: Great location, great price via priceline.com

Directions: On the southeast corner of Sutter and Kearney

• piytravelmike's Profile Photo

A solid option in the Financial District

The Galleria Park Hotel is a solid option. The location in the Financial District made finding on-street parking for our rental car fairly easy on Saturday and Sunday. The room was fine, although a little cramped, most likely because our room was next to the freight elevator. The two internet-enabled computers in the lobby weren't reliably working and the complimentary morning coffee was always empty when my wife went to get some. But I consider these nits. Overall, it's a fine choice.

Directions: Financial District. Close to where you want to be (Union Square).

• tnullet's Profile Photo

Great location, good deal

The service and facilities were fine. It is an older hotel but still nice. The best thing about it is that it's a couple of blocks from Chinatown and Union Square. It's a very safe neighborhood and I had no qualms about walking around the area at night. Use one of the internet discounters and you can get a good deal.

• pamychan's Profile Photo

Galleria Park Hotel - a Kimpton Boutique Hotel

i only stayed here for one nite. the room was unbelievable small although i think it may have been because we got the room at a huge discount. coz originally we were supposed to stay at another kimpton hotel(i forgot the name) but before we could do so, that hotel was bought over so they gave us Galleria Park instead. anyway the hotel looked really nice from the outside. the room decor was also nice, with a bit of an ancient feel. the bed had a nice welcome note, toilets were nice...

however the best part was the service. we only stayed for one night before departing for a 4 day trip to las vegas, grand canyon etc.. the problem was that we had to come back to san francisco after our 4 day trip to take the greyhound to LA. and between me and my sis, we had 4 huge luggages. (thanks to Ross) so it was virtually impossible for us to go on the 4 day trip with that amount of luggage as it was a very hectic trip by bus! the hotel front counter was so kind and actually allowed us to deposit out bags in the luggage room for 4 whole days until we came back! and we werent even going to stay in the hotel on the day we came back! we were so touched man!

Unique Quality: great service, nice decor

• CarolynShort's Profile Photo

Galleria Park - with free wine!

This one of the friendliest hotels I've stayed in. I was there for 10 days. My room was large, traditionally decorated, with drinks and snack bar, TV, shower/bath, fax machine, alarm clock, double bed, sofa, writing table, and drawers. My view was into central courtyard, which I think was quieter than looking into street.

My favourite thing was acomplimentary wine reception from 17:30-18:30 every evening, with a choice of red/white/white zinfandel and delicious chicken wings to nibble.

Perry's Restaurant next to Reception was also good.

The surrounding area was also safe enough, well away from Tenderloin, yet within 5 minutes walk from Union Square, and Montgomery BART station.

Unique Quality: The hotel also had a garden on the second floor, offering an oasis of greenery and peace in the centre of the city.

More about Galleria Park Hotel

Enjoyed the Hotel.

It was my first time in SF and Galleria Park hotel was just excellent for me. My husband and I found out we needed not to take taxi to anywhere which saved us a whole lot. I shopped with every ease due to the location of the hotel. I can't forget shoe pavillion so close and the coffee shop right beside the hotel. We did not eat in the hotel because we could find good restaurants just a few walks away. We spent 9 days in the hotel.

I will stay in the hotel again if I find myself going to San Franscisco. it is good value for your money.

Great hotel in the heart of San Francisco

Galleria Park is a small boutique hotel in downtown San Francisco. The rooms are small but pleasant. The rooms have individual air conditioning units as well as windows that you can open. There is some street noise....to be expected in a big city. The sounds of trucks on the street in the morning did wake me up -- but I'm a very light sleeper. There is free wireless internet access in the hotel! Each afternoon at 5:30 pm there is a free wine reception in the lobby which was very nice. There is no coffee or tea in the rooms but at 5:00 am each morning there is very nice complementary coffee and tea service in the lobby. The staff was friendly and helpful. There is a tiny room set aside with some exercise equipment that serves as a "fitness center". It wasn't that great but I used it anyway. They have an agreement with a nice fitness center in the area but I didn't take advantage of that. The hotel is close to restaurants and shopping. It was a $40 taxi ride from the airport (SFO) to the front door of the hotel. Given the location in downtown San Francisco I was surprised that I only paid $109 per night. They have parking if you need it but it was very expensive, something like $30 per night. I was there on business but I would definitely stay there again for either business or leisure. A previous poster mentioned panhandlers in the area. This is common all over San Francisco.

stay away!!!!

My husband and I stayed here on business December 12-15th. This hotel was by far the worst hotel I have stayed in. The rooms are very tiny and outdated. The beds are advertised as queen size but are quite small. At 2:30 am every morning we would here the trash pick up and loud beeping sounds. One of the two elevators was not available and the other was so slow that we had to hike up five flights of stairs. This area has a lot of bums and they are very aggresive. The only bright spot in the hotel was the friendly housekeeping personnel.

Cozy, great location

by TripAdvisor Member Tineeric

I booked a room on the interior courtyard, after reading reviews here. The hotel was only about one-third occupied, so I didn't have any problems associated with overcrowding. The best rate was available on the hotel's own web site. My stay was very quiet and comfortable. The hotel staff are exceptionally young, and I worried at times that no "grown-up" was in charge. The doorman is a relaxed guy who occasionally opens the door and handles the bags. The hotel is quite old, so the rooms are smaller than in newer hotels. In fact, I was unable to open the door to my "minibar" since it was stopped by the edge of the king sized bed. This was probably a good thing. I was amused to find "The Teachings of Buddha" in the night table along with the Bible. Perhaps this is standard in San Francisco? Every evening they offer complementary wine in the lobby and in the morning they offer excellent coffee. Best of all, they have available in the lobby free access to two computers with high speed internet access and a printer. I was able to print out my boarding pass before I left for the airport. If you like a well situated very unpretentious hotel you will probably enjoy this one.

Great location and value

by TripAdvisor Member moomingirl

This one of the friendliest hotels I've stayed in. I was there for 10 days. My room was large, traditionally decorated, with drinks and snack bar, TV, shower/bath, fax machine, alarm clock, double bed, sofa, writing table, and drawers. My view was into central courtyard, which although not very picturesque, I think was quieter than looking into street.

My favourite thing was a complimentary wine reception from 17:30-18:30 every evening, with a choice of red/white/white zinfandel and delicious chicken wings to nibble.

Perry's Restaurant next to Reception where they served breakfast and meals at extra cost, was also very good.

A MORNING IN SF

by mrsjones

Heading out on a cruise (from Pier 35) on Saturday morning. Staying Friday night at the Galleria Park hotel. Any suggestions for breakfast? Thought we'd do Chinatown and later, the Wharf area (just to see it, know it's a tourist trap) Is there anything else that we should sqeeze in before boarding at around 4pm? Thanks in advance.

by pvs

Close to Chinatown is the Italian Area (North Beach). I would recommend lunch there rather than Chinatown. Assume you have done the standard golden gate bridge etc already...

by ciaofa

Especially on Saturday morning I would head down to the Ferry Building, there is a great Farmer's Market there---but it is much much more than rows of tables with fruits and vegetables!! Inside the building, they have newly renovated the interior and there are many small shops, mini-cafe's etc. You could go to Acme Bakery and get a pastry, or go to the counter at the Golden Gate Meat market (I think that is the name) and get their "breakfast sandwich", a gourmet version of an egg mcmuffin (applewood smoked ham, egg, cheese, nice bun...yum!!). Then go down to Peet's for your coffee, grab a table in or outside and watch the ferry boats go by, the people shopping...not to be missed!! Stroll around the farmers' stands and eat samples...

by billiegirl2

We took a tram style tour one morning that departed from the warf area. It ran for a few hours, crossed the golden gate bridge and the tour guide was so informative, we got a great history lesson too! Was a nice way to feel like we had 'covered' the city whilst on a time limit... We then managed to squeeze in lunch at Pier 39 where even the Bloody Marys were served up with King Prawns as garnish! Have fun:-)

RE: RE: A MORNING IN SF

by mrsjones

Wow! Thanks so much to all of you for your expert advice. The trolley tour sounds great. Is there a name of a particular company? I'm sure the hotel can direct us. I can almost taste that breakfast sandwich now and smell the salt air! I often say that the anticipation is one of the best parts of travel. Again, many thanks.

RE: RE: A MORNING IN SF

by Yorkshireman47

Have a look at Gray Line (http://www.graylinesanfrancisco.com/sightseeing.cfm) for the Trolley Tour. I think you might have some problems squeezing this in to a tight schedule though

Comments