Glenwood Hotel

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about San Francisco

In the trunk of a giant redwoodIn the trunk of a giant redwood

It takes brute strength to turn cable cars aroundIt takes brute strength to turn cable cars around

Spaghetti with MeatballsSpaghetti with Meatballs

Dogpatch Factory Turned Residential ComplexDogpatch Factory Turned Residential Complex

Philippines night club in San Francisco

by baseleh

Hello,
I am from the Philippnes and I am coming to next month , I would like to know if there is a Philippines night club in San Francisco , if yes , what is the name and where?
Thanks for your reply
Baseleh

Re: Philippines night club in San Francisco

by Odinnthor

Although I know San Francisco pretty well, I have never considered looking for a Philippine night club. So I googled it and a wealth of information came up. Here are some helpful links.

Travel Tips for San Francisco

Get lost in the park

by LaurieWiegler

Yeah, the Japanese Tea Gardens and restored De Young Museum are fabulous, but if you really want to enjoy this park and you have the knees for it, run through the park, which is what I did when I lived on 9th Avenue and in that area for many years. Something about the scent of those ferns filling the lungs on a misty San Francisco morning enlivens as nothing else can.

I find it very peaceful to run - or walk - in the morning in the park, especially off-tourist-season, when you're apt to find many stretches of greenery to yourself. Start at the entrance at 9th avenue, cross the street (on Saturdays watch out for the rollerbladers) and then wend your way on a path cleared through the trees.

When I think of it, I think of Cindy Lauper singing "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" because that's what I played on my Walkman back then (predated iPods!) I can't pick a fondest memory of San Francisco. That would be like asking a woman with 10 kids which is her favorite. But here are a few:

** Seeing a young Ellen DeGeneres perform standup in the San Francisco Standup Comedy Competition ialong Columbus Ave. n the 80s, and just knowing she was going somewhere;
** Having a romantic dinner at Otafuku in Japantown;
** Sailboating under the Golden Gate Bridge when I was 10 and nearly getting thrown off the bow (really, it was a good memory, albeit horrifying);
** wacking the moles at Pier 39;
** kissing from a bench in the Presidio, overlooking the Bay towards the Golden Gate Bridge;
** eating dinner with my mom and brother at a now defunct Mexican restaurant in the Mission District;
** laughing my xa** off with my acting friends from ACT along Geary;
** composing poetry from a cafe on Clement;
** puffing up from the encouragement of professors in the writing departments at State;
** running the Bay to Breakers with my friend Cindy in 1986;
** finding my last cat, Wendell, with my brother after brunch in the Sunset District - my brother pointing out that Wendell seemed sad when I walked away from his cage, so I went back to buy him (from the SPCA);
** odd, but one of the world's greatest dentists (Dr. Stricker) and his rumbling office along the Judah line in the Outer Sunset -- he was always so friendly and sweet, making my myriad dental problems less overwhelming!
** writing a short story from my little bedroom on 48th Ave. underneath Debbie's and Mark's house;
** stuffing my face with pizza with a man I loved out in the inner Sunset;
** my annual birthday parties with friends;
** working at San Francisco ballet, watching the dancers from the office above their pirouettes

DRIVING DOWN LOMBARD STREET

by LoriPori

This was a totally awesome thrill to go down the "Crookedest Street in the World".
LOMBARD STREET has eight sharp turns, known as switchbacks, on a 40 degree slope. There are also stairways on both sides for pedestrians.
We went down not once, but TWICE. What a blast! Located in the Russian Hill District, the descent begins at Hyde Street.

Fog City

by TashieKitten

Considering its proximity to the ocean and some small hills/mountains to the south, foggy skies are a definite possiblity. But it's not all bad, especially when it's been clear all day and you're near the ocean and you can smell the saltiness of the ocean riding in on the fog. Sometimes I miss that smell more than anything else.

Take in a cable car ride. ...

by feline01

Take in a cable car ride. Touristy yes, but still a wonderful way to see the city. Try to go early in the morning before the long lines form. Watching the sunset at Fisherman's Wharf while listening to the sounds of hundreds of barking seals.
Fisherman's Wharf sucked, just standard tourist crud, but the seals kept bringing us back to this area, either by foot or boat. The seals may look adorable and sound hilarious but ugh, the smell of hundreds of seals can be very overwhelming.

The whole city of San...

by judyaf

The whole city of San Francisco is a must see. It is only 7 miles square and bordered on three sides by water. You can't go too far astray! Just too many things to list.....Coit Tower, Lombard Street, Gharidelli Square, Pier 39, Cable cars, Golden Gate Bridge, Golden Gate Park, Museums, Theater, Shopping, Marina District, I call it HOME! Lived here for 35 years and only left for business reasons. San Francisco Bay Area is the one of the most beautiful places on earth.

Comments