HOTEL CLOSED Heritage Marina Hotel

Bad (2.0 out of 5.0) 4 reviews

Tags

Backpacking Road Trip Singles

Horrible Hotel!!!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 23, 2010

Horrible!

Upon arrival at our room we were greeted with an absolutely horrible smell that immediately began to burn our throats. I walked over to open the window, which faced the very busy Van Ness Avenue, to let in some fresh air…hoping that would help. Ten seconds after opening the window the entire thing, FRAME AND ALL, came smashing into our room! I called the front desk repeatedly for 10 minutes straight and got no answer. I decided to check out of the hotel and find some other accommodations. I gave my key to the employee, Robert, at the front desk and he assured me that I would receive a refund. A week later and I am no closer to getting my money back. The hotel is insisting that I stayed both nights...really?! Like I would stay in a room with no freaking window!

I would absolutely advise against staying at this hotel! The price may look good and the pictures may seem okay, but the hotel is disgusting!

Be prepared to Climb

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 20, 2010

I was very wary about staying in this hotel. The reviews I read after my mother had already booked the room scared me to death. We arrived early at 11:30 am or so and went and checked in. I expressed my concerns about staying in the Hotel and he gave me a room on the fifth floor. He told me I could park there for the day until my room was ready and when I came back to check in it was easy. The trouble with this hotel is the maze of elevators and stairs that are inconvenient and hard to navigate. My room was clean and nice and I had a great view of the GG Bridge. I was very frustrated with the inconvenient parking but was thankful it was there. The pool did look funky and the breakfast room closed at 9am and after the lengthy attempt to find it I got there at 9:05 and it was shut and I was hungry!
The location of this hotel is where it's at and the transportation access is amazing. For a cheap room it was worth it. As far as the bedbugs go I waited mote than a month to write this review and we didn't get any. I also know that bedbugs are a problem in all major citiies right now and have nothing to do with the cleanliness of an establishment. There is a lot of international travels in SF and it is not unusual to pick up some friends in any hotel, store, or theatre. Overall, I would recommend to someone who is looking for a clean bed and shower to sleep in for cheap in a great location!

Unique Quality: Location

Be prepared to Climb

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 20, 2010

Unique Quality: Location

Honestly the WORST hotel I 've ever stayed in!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 26, 2009

Do not, under any circumstances stay at this hotel! From the street it looks quite respectable, but it's all downhill from there... first of all, they advertise FREE PARKING, but there is only parking for about half as many rooms as they have. Next, the place is is VERY bad need of repair ( or maybe demolition). While I was checking in , THREE separate people came to the front desk to complain that they had no lights or electricity in their rooms. If I had not already paid in full over the internet, I would have ducked out at that point, but it was too late to get a refund. The first room they gave me was a mess. The room smelled moldy, the carpet was filthy, 2 out of 3 of the lights were not working, and the ceiling and walls in the bathroom were moldy and had peeling plaster in the tub and sink as well as on the floor. A dirty washcloth was crumpled in the corner of the sink. I went down and complained and they said they had no more rooms with 2 beds... but a manager came up and said to give me the "Presidio Suite" on the 3rd floor. The indoor corridor on the 3rd floor reeked of urine, but I forged on to the "suite". There was a bed and a fold-out sofa-- all kind of worn and outdated, strong smoke smell, and even though there was a microwave and fridge, there was NO ELECTRICITY! Back down to the desk where they miraculously now HAD a 2 bed non-smoking room... although it was still pretty awful, it was cleaner than the first 2... the minuses of this room were that the door lock was broken, and the sliding windows were cracked , no screens, and not lockable! By this time it was after 10 PM and I had two 23 year old military guys with me, so I figured I would be safe enough, and we were too tired to find another place.
I know this sounds like I am being overly picky or exaggerating, but this is all totally true... I am accustomed to staying at hostels all over the world, and tourist class hotels and guesthouses in Asia and the Caribbean , so my standards are really not very high... and for almost $100 a night this was ROBBERY!

Unique Quality: the only good things were: it is centrally located, and it has free wifi in the rooms.

1 Photo of HOTEL CLOSED Heritage Marina Hotel

San Francisco Travel Forum

Need advice about San Francisco, California? Visit the Travel Forum for San Francisco and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest San Francisco hotel reviews