Hilton San Francisco Financial District

750 Kearny Street, (Formerly "Holiday Inn"), San Francisco, California, 94108, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Hilton.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• TexasDave's Profile Photo

Nice, Centrally Located

Formally a Holiday Inn, the S.F. Financial District Hilton was totally renovated. Rooms on the bay side have a nice view of Coit Tower and part of the Bay. Although it's called Financial District, it's actually closer to Chinatown. The California St. Cable car line is only two blocks away, and a couple of bus routes stop almost at the front door of the hotel.

• apseals's Profile Photo

A Great Location!

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times for several reasons. First and foremost, the location is perfect for access to Fisherman's Wharf, North Beach, the Financial District, Chinatown and Union Square. The price is reasonable especially if you book through the VISA promotional rates on the San Francisco Visitor website. You can also get good rates by booking in advance through the Holiday Inn website with their advance purchase rates. You can join the free frequent stayer Priority Club through Holiday Inn as well and get room upgrades with wonderful views of Coit Tower and the bay. (Rooms facing north) The rooms themselves are standard rooms with no special features, per say, but the location is the key.

Unique Quality: The view from the upper floors looking toward Alcatraz are wonderful. The hotel is located about a block from Columbus Ave. and all the North Beach restaurants. It is also on the edge of Chinatown. The MUNI California #1 runs right next to the hotel and the cable car stop is only about two blocks up the hill from the hotel. It is an easy walk to the wharf down Columbus without a lot of hilly streets to climb.

The pool is on the roof of the hotel. I have never used it, but have been up there to look out at the view.

The last time I was there, the hotel was upgrading and adding a spa. I have not been there since it opened so I have no information on that feature.

It is also located right next to the Transamerica Tower (Pyramid Building). You can see it from most everywhere and have a ready made target for getting home in case you get turned around.

Directions: Corner of Kearny and Clay where Chinatown, North Beach and the Financial District converge.

• chuckie797's Profile Photo

Great Location and Views

This hotel is a five minute walk from the Bart train which you can catch at the airport . This is a newer high rise hotel at the entrance to Chinatown. The views are fantastic! You can see the bay, fishermans wharf, coit tower and you look down on Columbus ave. The location is only minutes to great italian food and chinese food. I really enjoyed 2 chinese restaurants: Hunan Homes and R&G. Take a bus ride on Columbus ave. down to fishermans wharf. Book early at priorityclub.com for the best rates.

Unique Quality: The views are the BEST! Ask for a room on the coit tower side of the building. There is also a spa on the property.

Directions: Chinatown on Kearny St.

More about Hilton San Francisco Financial District

A Great City Stay

by cjg1 about Hilton San Francisco Union Square

I chose this hotel based on availability and location. I have stayed in the area before so it was a no brainer. The hotel is the basic city hotel with large lobby complete with bar abnd restaurant off to the side.

Check in here was a breeze and we were handed our breakfast vouchers for our stay. The room was a nice size considering it is a city hotel; which often can mean small cramped rooms. Our room was rather nice with a comfortable bed, desk, chair, armoire,dressser, TV, mini bar, closet and bathroom with nice toiletries.

The bed was comfy and the hotel was very quiet at night. We both enjoyed our stay here except for the doormen who were next to useless. I would stay here again when in town.

Absolutely brilliant

by TripAdvisor Member Royb67

Visited SF with my parents and couldn't wait to show them the sites. I love San Francisco. After arriving at the Holiday Inn from a great hotel in NY, we did not have high expectations of this hotel. How wrong we were!!

We checked in and managed to get great rooms with superb bay views. The rooms were a good size with everything in working order. Staff at check-in were polite and helpful along with the concierge. Took breakfast every day in the hotel which was great value and enjoyed the lounge in the evening. The location is perfect, quiet, but within a 15 minute walk of all the major attractions and 2 blocks from the cable cars. There is a great roof top pool with fantastic bay views.

What really makes this hotel stand out is the friendliness of the staff. A big thanks to Liz on checkout, she has customer service down to a fine art. We had the most wonderful housekeeper. Not only did she keep our rooms spotless, she also gave us great advice on Chinese festivals that were taking place that we probably would have missed. She gave us info on how to get around, locations, sightseeing and always had a big smile. Thank-you Mu Zhen.

San Francisco is the friendliest city I have ever visited, apart from my home city of course... the staff here are part of that experience. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Best Kept Hotel Secret in San Francisco

by TripAdvisor Member strelle

This is the only place I stay in S.F. the view from the higher floors in any of the rooms-either Sausalito, Alcatraz and Coit Tower, or downtown to the Trans America building- are amazing and a delight -in most instances, you'd be hard pressed to get a million dollar view like this at any of the top dollar hotels on Nob Hill! The rooms are spotless, recently renovated, and the decor rivals far more expensive chains. Staff is helpful, not overly friendly-no complaints there. But the location-at the corner of Chinatown and North Beach a short walk to Union Square, and the Embarcadero, SIMPLY CANNOT BE BEAT!

Not that impressed

by TripAdvisor Member JOS1898

Considering all the rave reviews listed here I was expecting more than your average hotel.
We stayed for 5 nights at the Holiday Inn Downtown and Spa (Sept 5 - 10, 2004).

The hotel staff wasn't overly friendly. Not rude but they didn't go out of their way. Upon checkout the customer service agent didn't even ask how our stay was. I guess it is too hard to ask guest where they are from, why they are in town, how they like San Francisco, please come again, etc.
The room was small but clean. Nothing fancy. No internet access/computers for guest. I was told there was a "Business Centre" in the works but if I wanted to check my e-mail I had to walk 7 blocks to Kinkos.

For the price we paid I expected more hospitality. However, it seems we paid for the location. Some extra things to mention.

What we liked:
The hotel is located on the corner of China Town, the Financial district, and North Beach. Easy access to great food!

There is a cool rooftop pool. Bring your swim suits and spend a day enjoying the views from here (Coit Tower, TranAmerica, Bay/Ocean). We didn't bring our swimsuits but wished we had.

What we didn't like:
3 -4 blocks to the nearest Cable Car stop. Most of the main attractions are along the Cable Car routes. The morning walk to the cable car stop was fine. However at night I couldn't walk fast enough to the hotel! Too many shady/homeless people around hotel - especially on Kearny street.

AVERAGE

by TripAdvisor Member Bouwf100

While This Hotel is ok, I am wondering where the big enthusisam from other revierwers comes from. Rooms are in decent shape, but ours did not seem to be newly renovated. There was a big empty place, where a lounge chair was supposed to be (hotel pictures), but when i tried to get one, the man gave the impression as if he would not know what i was talking about and he brought a normal chair. the next morning i then saw these lounge chairs in other rooms that were being cleaned. Our room however did remain without one for the whole stay.
nothing wrong with the hotel, but average is the correct description. the location is fine, you can walk to many places. The pool is a plus especially when traveling with kids.

How to get to Napa or Gilroy Factory Outlet from SF Union Sq

by Michellesg

Hi,
I'll be extending my stay at SFO in September for 3 days and would like to visit the factory outlet...

I've done some checking and it seems there is no direct transport to the outlets, can anybossy give me some advise how I could still get to either Napa or Gilroy fatory outlet from union sq?....

does anyone know how much it is gg to cost if I were to take a taxi there?

by the way,I will be extending my stay at Holiday Inn Civi center, pls give me some comments on the hotel as well?

RE: How to get to Napa or Gilroy Factory Outlet from SF Union Sq

by Jokerit_pl

There is a shuttle service that can take care of tours to both Napa and Gilroy. Check this web site out: http://www.outlethop.com/

I am not familiar with the Napa Outlets, but have been to the Gilroy Outlets numerous times since I lived closer to there a few years back. I don't know how much it'll cost to take a taxi to Gilroy, but I can say it'll cost you a pretty penny to get there. It's about 1.5 hours drive (about 80 miles or so) on Highway 101 to get there assuming you don't run into any heavy traffic.

There is CalTrain and Greyhound bus service from SF to Gilroy, but the stations are on the other side of the freeway from the outlet and not really within walking distance.

RE: RE: How to get to Napa or Gilroy Factory Outlet from SF Union Sq

by heywinks

I drove from SF to the Gilroy outlets. I'm from Boston, MA. If you decide to go to the outlets there, be sure to bring walking shoes. The outlets are separated into different plazas and you'll have to cross main streets to get to each plaza area. I think there were 3 or 4 total plazas. I wasn't too crazy about the Gilroy outlets and will never go again, but my relatives who live in the Bay area love going there.

RE: RE: How to get to Napa or Gilroy Factory Outlet from SF Union Sq

by Michellesg

Hi,
thanks for sharing....

I think I might need to drop the idea of getting to Gilroy, as it seems that there is no direct transport ther....

has anybody got any comments of Hilton San Francisco n Holiday inn civic ctr?....

r they both far apart?...can i walk from Hilton to Holiday Inn?

Comments