Hilton San Francisco/ Fisherman's Wharf

Pier 2620 Hotel Fisherman's Wharf
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 95% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• Very nice location and clean

We stayed 3 nights at the Hilton at the Wharf. We ended up with 2 double beds in our room which did not make it real comfortable but after the first night they moved our things to another room when it opened up.
    It is not a Hilton like others but it was very clean and staff were extremely friendly. The location cannot be beat. Lots of activities in the area. We had a nice stay and would definately stay there again.
    Only 3 stories high and the only thing we did not like was trying to find ice machines. They have several places for them on each floor but only have one per floor and it was on the other side of the hotel in both rooms that we stayed in. Not real convenient but that was minor.

Convenient for us having a budget rental car location just a half block away. Could rent a car for a day and return it rather than pay the hotel parking fee.

Unique Quality: Friendly staff

• TexasDave's Profile Photo

Good Pier Area Choice

We enjoyed the coziness of this hotel and the fact that is is not far from all the piers, as well as only a 2 block walk to the Powell St. cablecar turntable.

• In the thick of it

Check in was straight forward with plenty of bell hops to assist with the luggage.
    Room was clean bright and airy. TV, fridge, Coffee Maker, Hairdryer and a fridge.
    Outdoor pool and mini gym which we used on mosts days.
    Had the buffet breakfast on a couple of days resonable priced and a huge choice of food on offer. Service was efficient and friendly.
    I found the hotel to be comfortable, buisiness and family orientated, and the staff very helpful.
    For the tourist this hotel is near most attractions not far from pier 39. Plenty of restaurants and bars as well as live music. Supermarket just round the corner.

Unique Quality: Clean and tidy.
    Comfortable rooms.
    Outdoor Pool and Mini Gym.
    Small shop that sold light snacks and drinks.

Directions: Fishermans Wharf

• Holiday Inn

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Fishermans Wharf for 4 nights in July, 2007. I had asked for an inside room because I heard the noise on the streets could be loud. My request was accommodated. 3rd night, teenagers were placed in the 2 corridors. At 11 pm it was grand central station as the 2 party rooms were across from us and next to us. Don't get me wrong, kids are kids and they are away from home, I expect things like this. What I didn't expect was for the hotel to leave a family of four right in the heart of it!! Contacted the front desk and asked to speak to the manager--15 minutes went by and no call from them. Security guard showed up but the kids saw him coming and the scrambled. Long talk with the guard who in turn finally got the manager to call us. Told us they had no other rooms available unless we move now. We would not move now and we had a wakeup call at 7:00 for a tour. They wanted us to move before we left the next morning. We didn't and said we would move when the tour returned (late morning) It is now past midnight and nothing about the noise has changed. Started getting calls in my room and the room next doors phone kept ringing. Contactedthe operator who said she could hear all the noise upstairs from them. She said she would put a block on the phone but the calls into the other rooms kept coming. The next day we returned and hurried out of our room. An hour after we left the room, I realized I left a bracelet in the room on top of the TV. I immediately contacted the hotel (because we were out) and were told they would have someone check. They never got back to us until we inquired and said they found nothing. The only person in that room up until that point of our return was the cleaning staff. The hotel did not seem concerned about anything of our experience. We never heard from the manager again after that 11:30 pm call - even after I filled out a lost/complaint form.

Unique Quality: The first 2 nights there were very nice. Convenient hotel located near everything

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Save your money... stay somewhere newer

When you are choosing to stay in a Hilton, one of the first things you should make sure to do is see when the Hilton in question was opened. My experience has been that the older Hilton's are still charging as much now for their rooms as other similar hotels, but for amenities that are very old and worn out. That is the case here with the Hilton Fisherman's Wharf. I paid a high price, and did not get as nice of a room as I would have liked for the money.

Directions: About two blocks from the water in Fisherman's Wharf.

• Jordie's Profile Photo

San Franciscos best Location

We found the Holiday Inn at Fishermans Wharf to be in an excellent location, we were a 5 min walk to pier 39 and all its attractions, accross the road from the Cannery, 5 mins walk to the chocolate factory and the cable car stops. Plus we were surrounded by shopping and restaurants. The service was excellent and the rooms were quite big and very clean. The staff at the front desk were very nice and very hospitable!

Unique Quality: Great Location.

More about Hilton San Francisco/ Fisherman's Wharf

Hilton San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf - Superb

by TripAdvisor Member Tall_T_Town

SUPERB Hotel.
New Management that really has made a tremendous difference to Service standards. Wonderful Location. Newly Renovated. Clean, LARGE rooms and accessible facilities. Convenient in-room safe with plenty of space. Excellent Service from Front Desk, to Concierge, to Housekeeping and to Room Service.
My wife recently had knee surgery, so location was all important. This location was the BEST! A taxi to the Wharf and Pier 39 was only about $5 and so it was very easy to enjoy ourselves and then rest at the Hotel in the afternoon before going out for dinner.
It is so easy to plan and enjoy a vacation with a family from this location.
Fisherman's Wharf is just 3 blocks away. Tour to Alcatraz is a must while you are visiting, but make reservations before you get to San Francisco.
Cable car turnaround is very close to the hotel and a great way to journey quickly to the Union Square area for Macy's, etc.
Hotel’s garage is easy to use and is less than one block from a Petrol station - very convenient.
Hotel is only about 2 blocks away from a 24 hour Walgreens.
All in all, THIS HOTEL HAS IT ALL! It's superb location allowed us to get the very best out of our stay in San Francisco.

Excellent base in SF

by TripAdvisor Member Ksenofon

Stayed a week in SF; loved the hotel. The room was large and clean, parking handy (I had to drive to Stanford daily) and the location great. The friendly service and good breakfast topped the experience. Superb value for the money!

Good hotel

by TripAdvisor Member taxcpa

Solid 3 star hotel. Good size rooms (we got an executive king room,) it was clean, decent furniture, very comfortable beds and pillows. Although it could definately use new bedspreads and blankets (they were clean, but outdated and worn.) We had a handicapped room (for no reason) so the bathroom was huge. But the water pressure in the shower was pretty low.
Location was awesome, just blocks to Fisherman's Wharf. Staff was very helpful and polite, and went out of their way making recommendations for places to eat.
I'm an Honors member, and was told by the reservationist (800 number) that if I upgraded to executive level, I would be on a separate floor (less children) and it includes breakfast. When I got there, I found out that's not the case - since they're a small hotel, they don't have an executive level. However, the manager didn't hesitate to give me access to the free breakfast to avoid a situation, which was appreciated.
The windows are thin and you can hear the traffic somewhat, but it didn't bother us. Didn't hear neighbors, but could hear them walking around on the floor above us - but it wasn't disturbing.
Overall the hotel was very good, a solid 3 star. It was perfect for the location and price we paid. We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.
As a side note, the staff recommended Bobo Quivaris for dinner (not sure how to spell it,) - that had to be the best filet mignon we've ever had in our lives!! The food was OUTSTANDING, the atmosphere was wonderful - very eclectic, and overall an incredible place to dine, we highly recommend it.
We also went to Aliotos restaurant on the Wharf (pier 43, I think.) The service was absolutely awful (among the worst I've ever had,) and the food was just ok - I wouldn't recommend it. However, we have a feeling just our waiter was bad, and not the others, but we wouldn't go there again to find out.

Just O.K., not terrific...

by TripAdvisor Member RandiMOH

We had just spent a night at the Rohnert Park Hilton, which was spectacular! The staff assured us that if we liked the Rohnert Park Hilton, we would LOVE the Hilton located on Fisherman's Wharf. WRONG!! We paid over $200.00 per night just for the room (parking in their garage was an additional $28.00 per night!), and I would rate it simply as acceptable. The room wasn't very large, but it was clean. This is an older hotel, and it shows. In Rohnert Park, our breakfast was included in the price of the room, and parking was free. The beds here were not very comfortable, and the street noise kept us up all night. We did enjoy the fact that we were close to all of the action on Fisherman's Wharf and could walk where ever we chose to go. The staff was also very helpful with directions. However, I really don't think this hotel was worth what they charge. I think I'd stay somewhere else on my next visit to San Francisco. Randi

Comments