Hotel Adagio

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 119% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• ashmantoronto's Profile Photo

Hip Hotel in Union Square

Our 4 days stay in San Francisco was split between two hotels, (1) Fairmont and (2) Hotel Adagio. Needless to say, Hotel Adagio's service topped off the Big Giant any day. Unlike Fairmont, the clientele at Hotel Adagio are young and not businessmen like Fairmont's clients. Our stay at Fairmont wasn't welcoming, but the reason why we stayed at Fairmont was one friend works for Fairmont so he gets the discounted perks (but due to busy season we could not book 4 days but only 2). On the second day we decided to just cancel Adagio and save us the hassle of packing again just for 2 blocks but Fairmont couldn't promise us that they'd have a room for us. The day of the supposed move, we tried to call front desk again to make sure and she was not friendly at all so we had no choice but to call Adagio, cross our fingers that we still had our reservations.
    Luckily, Adagio kept our reservation, they knew of our situation when we called the night before and they were kind enough to keep it for us anyway.
    When we got there, we wished we stayed the first 2 days too because the hotel was just BEAUTIFUL.

Unique Quality: Botique hotels are always unique and Hotel Adagio is definitely one amazing hotel. The bed was very comfortable, complimentary umbrella (which you can also decide to purchase), their complimentary toiletries were really nice (don't hestitate to take their lotion, it smells so good), unique designs of room (feels pretty Bohemian), very 'homey', complimentary coffee in the room is gourmet it is so good, complimentary internet, actual window panels so you can open your window for some air, the bellboy and staff were very nice and knowledgable that when they see us they ask what we have done in SF so far, and can even suggest you to places, walking distance to Union Square...
    I just can't think of anything negative about this hotel.
    And oh don't forget to have a couple of drinks at the restaurant in the hotel called Cortez.
    The clientele also tends to be younger and less 'business people' or 'family'.

Directions: Walking distance from Union Square, about 3 blocks

• Axholmemiller's Profile Photo

Breakfast bargain

Wonderful accomodation just off Union Square. Friendly staff and spacious rooms. They organised my tour of the Napa Wine Valley and offer many, many more.
    However, breakfast can be expensive and is served in the adjoining Cortez Bar. For those on a budget, just cross over the road and try the cafe, food is just as good but less than half the price. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Unique Quality: Aveda bathroom products are complimentary and the plasma screen television is great. Every room has a CD player and air conditioning, superb!

Directions: Just off Union Square, the main tourist hotel location.

• scbelle's Profile Photo

Young and Good Looking

I booked this hotel as part of a package deal through US Air vacations. Although when I called to confirm my reservation the desk agent told me I would be having the tiniest room with a double bed and a wall view, when we checked in, we were given a king size room with a nice little courtyard. It was quite spacious and well decorated in contemporary yet warm furnishings. The bathroom was small but nice with Aveda toiletries. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast at the downstairs Cortez restaurant was good. Hotel staff was exceedingly polite to me, despite some negative reviews I have read elsewhere. I find that in a lot of these places, you get what you give, and a smile goes a loooooong way. I would definitely stay here again. THe weather was very mild for our visit, but if you are planning a trip in warmer months, you may wish to consider another hotel as the Adagio does not have AC.

Directions: Two Blocks from Union Square

• carmenlilly's Profile Photo

Stylish Hotel

Hotel Adagio is located very close to Union Square and Market Street - so a really great location for shopping!

The staff is really kind and helpful.

There's a restaurant/ bar in the hotel and a nice bar right across the street.

The rooms and the hotel are all stylish. For a fee of 10$ you get a cable for internet access (the 10$ are refunded at the end of the stay)

You can join organised tours around the city and you're picked up at the hotel.

A Wallgreens and grocery store is nearby too.

Unique Quality: Great Location !!!!

More about Hotel Adagio

Cortez

by SFHulaGIrl about Cortez

Cortez is actually a hotel restaurant/bar, part of the Hotel Adagio to be exact. As far as decor, expect Mondrian squares with lighting reminiscent of the Jetsons (very "hip"). The full bar has many wines by the glass. If you're interested in a bottle of wine, they're listed under categories such as "Spicy," "Floral," etc. Nice, plush, relaxing. Casual

Great Hotel in San Francisco!

I have stayed at the Hotel Adagio several times now and each time they have met all my expectations! The location is so convenient and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. I will continue to stay with them.

My Favorite City Now has My Favorite Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member hotelconnoisseur

Every year I bring my sales team to San Francisco for an offsite meeting/ retreat. We are a team of very discerning well-traveled people. This year, we selected the Hotel Adagio after a high recommendation by our corporate meeting planner. Our high expectations were not only met, but were exceeded. The hotel is hip, but not too hip. The staff is gracious and knowledgeable. Our meeting room was the former penthouse apartment of the owner from the 1920?s, which has incredible views of San Francisco. George, the hotel?s onsite event specialist, did an awesome job organizing our meeting including a wine tour and theatre tickets. We had the most successful, enjoyable and productive meeting ever. Cortez, the hotel?s restaurant, was amazing. But make sure you make reservations, as it?s one of San Francisco?s newest hot spots. Thank you Hotel Adagio for making it a success trip. It?s now our preferred hotel in the Bay Area.

Adagio is fantastic!

I have stayed at Hotel Adagio twice. On both occasions, I had great experiences. It has a special feeling, that you get as soon as you walk in the beautiful wooden front doors. The design is fresh; the decor is stylish and modern but still very comfortable. I love that the hotel gives you free coffee and rolls in the morning...it is nice touch for such a reasonably priced hotel. I worked out in the gym downstairs, nothing fancy but has all the stuff you need. The restaurant, I forget the name but the I remember the food! It was delicious. I would definitely recommend it...which I guess is why I took the time to write this review.

Fun, hip and convenient

We live in the area but not in the city. So a night out extends all night to include a hotel. In comparison to the many options in San Francisco, the Hotel Adagio ranks up there. Close to everything, making all the fun only a short cab ride away. The decor is hip and there is a great bar to finish the night in. When the day begins, one can stop in for a reasonable and delicious breakfast. This is a great place for tourists and executives alike.

Very Trendy

On my boyfriends first trip to San Fran we wanted to stay close to Union Square. When we got to Hotel Adagio we were delighted with the fantastic location. From then things just got better, we went into the very 'cool' reception, were met by friendly and helpful staff and shown very quickly to our Room. The Room we just loved. It got away from the typical matching bedspread, curtains and wallpaper (urgh) and instead we got contemporary, very trendy furnishings. The bar was fab, great look and atmosphere in there. My only regret was not getting to eat in the restaurant as they were not open for lunch. I hope to fix that on my next trip to San Fran.

San Francisco Night-life tips?

by ashrose520

Me and 3 of my girlfriends will be in the city for one night next month. We are staying at Hotel Adagio in Union Square and we are having dinner at Belden Alley. I need a fun place to go for drinks after dinner. We are all married, late 20's, not looking to "hook up" so not really into a "nightclub" scene. I'm thinking more low key, loungy, maybe live music or a piano bar. Any ideas? Somewhere around Union Square would be ideal, but not a necessity. Thanks!

RE: San Francisco Night-life tips?

by Cruiseone2003

Hello, I'm a local, have lived in San Francisco (or The City but please don't say "Frisco")for over 20years.

I'd say you need to go to Harry Dentons Starlight room on top of the Sir Francis Drake Hotel. Not only is it in a beautiful hotel off of Union Square, the views of the city from the top are incredible. Great place to have drinks and listen to live music and dance. Definitely not a "hook up" place.

www.harrydenton.com

Enjoy my beautiful city!

RE: San Francisco Night-life tips?

by SFHulaGIrl

If you're going to be having dinner at Belden, Cafe Bastille has live jazzy-type music on Fridays, as does Cafe Claude (across the street in Claude Lane). You could also go to the Irish Bank, one alley over from Cafe Claude. Otherwise, you might try Azul, Swig, the Gold Dust Lounge, the Hidden Vine or Le Colonial -- all of which are in the Union Square area. Hotel Adagio has a nice restaurant/bar itself, Cortez.

Comments