3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

440 Geary Street, San Francisco, California, 94102, United States

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 63% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• Trendy Decor and Lovely staff

My partner and I stayed at Hotel Diva in September 07 (traveeled from Australia) for 7 nights and loved every minute of it. I think we had a King Deluxe room. The room was VERY large, VERY trendy and VERY quiet! Accommodation is airconditioned with a flat screen tv mounted on the wall so you can see it either from bed, or swivel it to watch it from the lounge.

The room was very clean.

It is close to theatres and 2 blocks from Union square. We used to walk to Fishermans wharf which was a decent walk but great exercise.

Free internet on each floor was also a blessing.

Unique Quality: Free Internet, Large rooms, very trendy decor and close to restaurants, shopping and theatres.

Directions: Geary St, 2 blocks from Union Square, opposite the theatres.

More about Hotel Diva

Did not care for the Hotel Diva

I didn't care for Hotel Diva. I felt isolated. The lobby consisted of only a registration counter and concierge counter. There is no bar or restaurant. The fitness room has only a couple of weight machines, run-down bikes, and an obsolete stairmaster. The window of my first room opened onto an air shaft, and faced the window of another room. The sink was out in the bedroom. I asked to change rooms, and was given a room facing Geary Street. The sink was in the bathroom this time, but there was no counter to put things on. The window didn't open and the bathroom has no exhaust fan, so the room was humid after showering. Hotels.com indicated mini-bars, but the hotel eliminated them a long time ago.

The divas loved Hotel Diva

I booked 2 rooms here for a bachelorette party for 8 girls. We got 2 double-double rooms which were perfect for us since each room was split into 2 mini rooms. One room w/ the pull down bed had a table w/ chairs which we used for hanging out and lounging in our Diva bath robes before hitting the town.

The price was great, even before splitting it 8 ways. The service was excellent and we loved the location (close to shopping).

I'd definitely stay here again!

Great Hotel!

While living in the SF Bay area, often I have wanted to spend the night/weekend in the city-- you know a get-a-way. Hotel Diva, the several times I have stayed there, has been an awesome place to call "home" while away from home. The decorations are hip, modern, and trendy. The service has always been very efficient and performed with a smile. Location is incredible-- so the area is not as quiet as the suburbs, and the floors may creak here and there. Its all part of the experience. I have always felt that staying at the Hotel Diva was a good value and recommend it without reservations.

Live like a diva!

We loved this place. My friend and i were greeted and looked after like divas here. The staff were very hospitable and friendly and always had a smile on their face in fact we made some very good friends here with both staff and guests. The rooms were exceptionally spacious and kept very clean. They most definitely do have the worlds most comfortable beds as they claim. thumbs up hotel diva, well done!!!

Better than expected

I was looking for getaway with my boyfriend and found Hotel Diva. The reviews do not do justice to the place. The staff was friendly and we did not have any problems with noise in fact it was quiet until you got out in the street. The rooms were extremely comfortable and the bed was more comfortable than the one we have at home. I would love to stay there again

good stay

My boyfriend and I stayed at the hotel diva for 6 nights in April 2004 and after the first night were debating going to another hotel. We originally had a tiny room with very little ambiance facing the front of the hotel on Geary. Very loud! Too small! And their cleaner had a strange smell. However when mentioning the noise problem to the staff at the front desk they immediately offered to move us to a room at the back and upgraded us to a much larger room free of charge. We thought it was great. The decor is simple - perhaps could use abit of an update. Pillows a bit too thick for me but otherwise very comfortable. The unusual smell was gone. The concierge is excellent and truly made our stay enjoyable. The location is central - surrounded by independant galleries and a couple of blocks to shopping and transit. If you're a fan, Starbucks is attached to the hotel lobby. If you are looking for convenience and a place to lay your head, it is great. I would go back - but only if I could get a larger room at the back!

Dirty Diva- NOT Dirt Cheap

I will preface this by saying I did receive $50 off my stay because of all the problems...but even that was not enough to save the dying Diva in my eyes. I'm not sure if it was the man defocating in the alleyway that bordered my room, the 6am wake-up call of moaning and creaking coming from above, or the non-stop recycling convention taking place outside my window between the hours of 3 and 5 am; but the Diva "was not doing it for me." I checked in late with my travel companions to find that my requested "non-smoking room" was actually a Phillip Morris satellite office. It smelled, albeit better than the alley when I opened the window for "fresh" air, like someone was hitting four packs a day shortly before my arrival. When I asked for a change, I was informed that they hotel was booked solid and there was only one small room remaining (not large enough to accomadate my party). Ahhh, I'm glad I stayed in the "Lung Cancer Suite" lest I miss out on the many stains and sents that made the room unique. The carpet was speckled with unidentified funk and the whole room had the feel of a dirty Romanian Hostel. The Diva "Boudoir" on the sixth floor offered videotapes (each room comes equipped with a- hold on- VCR) and a machine selling peanut M&M's and condoms...In guess this is a hip combo? All in all, the stay was terrible and we were glad to switch hotels before our visit was up. Don't fall for the website or think this place is somehow "hip"; the Diva is a dungheap and you should stay elsewhere.

aging diva tries too hard and doesn't deliver

i hated this place. my company gave me a choice and i chose this based on who knows what reason. the trouble started at check-in when the clerk demanded i give him a deposit even though the room had been pre-paid and i didn't need a room phone. mind you this was at 130am. the room reminded me of visiting friends in new york who hadn't quite made it yet. it was what, 3ft wide or something? in the morning i got a call from the front desk asking for a deposit. i informed them that i had given a $100 deposit already in cash. i was then asked why didn't i have a credit card? huh? i repeat, huh? needless to say my company doesn't book anyone at diva anymore and it's my **** san francisco hotel story.

Hey hey hey! Fun hotel.

The design and style of the Diva is splendid. I felt like I was staying in Martha Stewart's son's dorm room. Not only was there great form but good function as well. Tasty coffee, trendy magazines everywhere, a cute black fridge, computer terminals, and more. That work out room looked like it had never seen a drop of sweat! Cheers! :c)

place to stay in San Francisco

by mjmaniezzo

Any suggestions on where to stay in SF

by YVRDave

I like the Bay to Bridge suites in the Mandarin Oriental

by nomad7890

My favorite is the Westin St. Francis by Union Square.

by YVRDave

Yah, love the Compass Rose bar. I also like the Tonga Lounge in the Fairmont

by winterson

Hi

If you want something different to your typical glass & brass hotel chain, I suggest the Hotel Diva in Geary street. Its in a good central spot and is a very modern and funky hotel used by people "in the know" when visiting SF.

Not too expensive (see if you can get a deal), so check it out: http://www.hoteldiva.com/

Hope this helps,