Hotel Kabuki San Francisco

yellowbell's Profile Photo

Way to go Kabuki!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 14, 2008

Another Joie de Vivre hotel (joy of living) lived up to its reputation. It's my first time to stay in a JDV hotel and I will not hesitate to do it again. It's a quaint but a comfortable experience!

Kabuki hotel is in Japan town and boasts of Chinese, Korean and of course Japanese restaurants and malls nearby. Next door is the Peace Pagoda.

Bus lines going to Golden Gate and Union Square are both a short block away from the hotel.

The lobby has subdued lighting and ergonomic IKEA furniture that gave the rooms a minimalist appeal. Staff is friendly and helpful.

JDV at $120 without tax for 3 people is not bad because it normally goes for $160 (go and book it at travelocity and check out the best buy calendar).

Unique Quality: It hosts a wine/sake reception every 5 pm and you can indulge in hot salt bath in the comfort of your room.

Another perfect gadget is the IPOD dock that allowed me to play my fave music right from my IPOD.

Hey, the bathroom is roomy too.

Directions: Japan town

mands732000's Profile Photo

Slightly off the beaten track

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 24, 2005

Great hotel, suited us perfectly. About 10 blocks out of Union Square but the No. 2 bus takes you in and the 38 brings you back along Geary Boulevard.

Did walk it one night but wouldn't recommend it - can be a bit dicey.

Dot's restaurant did a lovely breakfast, we only ate there once.

Service was very good although we didn't ask a lot of them. Hotel was quiet despite a large conference being in. Nice, relaxed atmosphere.

Unique Quality: Rooms were great, Japanese sunken bath was divine, very spacious and an excellent view from the balcony.

There's an underground link from the Miyako to the Japan Centre nearby which has some unique shops and restaurants. Very Nice !!

Directions: Located in JapanTown by the Peace Pagoda, between Post and Geary.

Staff Leaves Much to be Desired

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 19, 2004

I had my wedding here during the weekend of October 9th. The rooms, the suite as well as my wedding guests' rooms, were very nice and clean. My problems stemmed exclusively from a few staff members. Among some of the problems being dismissive, unaccommodating front desk people when I was trying to locate my wedding party which was coming in from out of town, I had problems with my guests booking rooms here even though I had already booked out a block of 10 rooms in July 2004. My guests were told that no space was available for that weekend.

The day of the wedding, Ken Nadel, the banquet manager, royally screwed up a major portion of the wedding - he authorized a cash bar instead of a host bar, which is what I agreed to in the contract. This was a huge embarrassment for my family, as for a good 20 minutes, my guests are being charged for drinks without me knowing! I went straight into Mr. Nadel's office, bridal attire and all, and wanted to know why there was a cash bar out there. He dismissively said, "Well that's what it says on the order." I told him to show me where he saw that. He flips to the appropriate page, looks for a few seconds and says, "Oh, it's our error." He didn't apologize at that moment and has not since. In fact, when he heard about my complaint towards him, he refused a discount for us even though he made the major screw up. My point is, everyone makes mistakes - even big ones like that. I can understand that. The fact that Mr. Nadel has never apologized to me or my family for the screw up and that he hit us with the entire bill (no discounts offered for THEIR mistakes) is totally contrary to what the "hospitality "business is all about. I would NOT recommend the Radisson Miyako to anyone looking for a venue in which to hold an important event. If you're getting married, go elsewhere and have a good one.

Unique Quality: Nice rooms, clean bathrooms, a great bellman named Joe Macasieb who made our stay there tolerable.

Directions: Japantown. If you want to be in the downtown area, it will take you about 20 minutes by bus to get there.

Nearby Hotel Kabuki San Francisco

Hotel Kabuki San Francisco

• Miyako Hotel San Francisco
  • Kabuki Hotel San Francisco
  • Kabuki San Francisco

Address: 1625 Post St, (formerly Miyako Hotel San Francisco), San Francisco, California, 94115, United States

3 Photos of Hotel Kabuki San Francisco

• Spa
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

San Francisco Travel Forum

Need advice about San Francisco, California? Visit the Travel Forum for San Francisco and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest San Francisco hotel reviews