55 Fifth Street, San Francisco, California, 94103, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

• 3Tornado's Profile Photo

Great location and a bargin

This is the place I will stay if I am in town. The Hotel Milano is located just south of Market street on 5th. Nearest neighbor is Nordstroms. In 3 minutes or less you can be in line to catch the following: Bart subway, Muni subway, F-Line street cars, Powell Cable Cars, all the Bus lines that run up and down Market.

The service here is very good. The front desk staff is always eager to help. There currently is a very large building project going on behind the Milano and you definently don't want to be on a room facing that unless you like a very early and noisy wake up call.

This may be the reason that their rates are currently such a bargin as we were able to stay in this Hotel for $89 a night. For the room quality this is half what I would expect to pay at a simlar downtow hotel. You can get around the noise by chosing a "quiet" room when you book online. I didn't do this and since we arrived late in the day they only had a room at the back. Fortunantly it was Saturday and there was no work going on Sunday.

After checking in I asked about a different room and they said because it was sold out they couldn't help for the night. They did quickly ask how long we were going to be there (7 nights) and then happily told us to check back in the morning and we could have our choice of rooms. We did that and received a VERY nice, VERY large room facing 5th street and the old SF Mint building. They even moved our luggage as we were not going to be there when the room became available.

Never has a trouble with noise as all the windows had two double pane windows. Even when they started a jack hammer in the street right in front of our 3rd story room it was barely noticable.

I summary it is a great location, great price, excellent service, large rooms, large bath rooms and very clean. I found myself hesitating to let everyone know as I hope to return soon. Just be sure you don't get a room in back.

Unique Quality: Great location with easy access to downtown and all the public transportation. Many of the rooms are very generous. I estimated our one day to be about 400 square feet.

Directions: About 100 yards south of Market on 5th street, next to Nordstroms