Howard Johnson Express San Francisco

A View From One of the POPOSA View From One of the POPOS

Potrero Hill Home in WinterPotrero Hill Home in Winter

Eloping

by sahel578

Can anyone suggest a location in San Francisco for eloping?

by puerto_lover

how exciting

by goodfish

You mean a pretty spot for a small ceremony?

by goodfish

Oh look - here are some elopement package services for 2-10 people in various places in the city. Hope it's helpful!

And congratulations!

by sahel578

Thank you! Yes just a pretty spot for him, me and the rabbi! Thanks again!

by riorich55

Hey Kate, Since my daughter is getting married next September maybe we need to hire you as the Wedding Planner.

LOL!

Travel Tips for San Francisco

Glorious Golden Gate Bridge

by sue_stone

One of the most recognisable icons of San Francisco would have to be the Golden Gate Bridge, and I have always been a huge fan of it (I do love a good bridge!). I was thrilled to have my first spotting of it from Russian Hill, and continued to be thrilled each time I got a glimpse during our visit to the city.

At 3347m long, when the bridge was completed in 1937 it was the longest suspension bridge in the world, but now ranks around 8th longest. The deck of the bridge is approximately 75m above the water, and apparently the bridge is the most popular place in the USA to commit suicide.

The Golden Gate Bridge is painted its reddy/orangey colour as it helps it to stand out in the regular fog that rolls in across the bay. We drove across the bridge, heading south from Sonoma Valley. I was so excited as the bridge loomed into view, sticking out of the fog. Driving across it fulfilled a long held dream of mine and the experience is now fondly stamped in my memory, helped by a few shaky photos taken through the car window as we drove across.

The toll to cross was $6 in Sep 2008.

French Toilets

by sophiebeans

I woudn't say this is a favorite or fondest thing. I guess I thought I'd include this bit of information for anyone who is interested because it's different from what you might see in most cities. The idea for these toilets originated in France. You pay a quarter, go in the booth, shut the door and do whatever you have to do. The doors are on a timer and will automatically open after 20 minutes. They are self-cleaning after every use. Not exactly like being at home, but using one will do in a pinch!

China Town

by brkilbourne

"China Town" is very much like every other Different Towns" all over the world. People living and dying and the tourist. The more people understand a different culture, other than their own, the better. Enjoy not only the sites but the smells and sounds. You don't need to know the language to be aware of an argument, schoolgirls giggling down the street or young and old couples in love.

Ride on the cable cars! These...

by volarevolare

Ride on the cable cars! These have to be the most over-rated tourist attraction, but I still think that they're one of the best attractions!

It's so fun to stand hanging onto the rail and travel up and down the steep, steep slopes that make San Francisco so quaint. Has to be of being in San Francisco itself... the whole adventure of it all!

My first big trip out on my own with my friends... so it's become quite symbolic of my initiation into becoming a traveller of this world... where at once, I'm alone, and yet surrounded with fellow travellers...

Whenever my friends come to...

by emmalola

Whenever my friends come to visit me in San Francisco I insist on taking them on a driving tour of the city, making sure I include stops at the Golden Gate Bridge, The Presidio, the Haight, Golden Gate Park (the bison!), the Castro and the Mission. Of course, it's easy to miss San Francisco for many reasons: the beauty of the city, the food, the people, the food, the burritos... but the thing I miss most when I am away for too long is the great shopping. I have to admit it- for a person on a budget, San Francisco is a terrible place to be. With so many places to go and see great stuff, it's hard to hold onto my paycheck each month!

Comments