La Luna Inn San Francisco

2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

2599 Lombard St, (formerly Pacific Motor Inn), San Francisco, California, 94123, United States

La Luna Inn
Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 77% more than similarly rated 2.5 star hotels

• Just a great place

I noticed there were no reviews for La Luna Inn on Virtualtourist.com so I thought i'd throw in my experience with this great little place.

After reading many reviews for budget minded hotels in San Francisco we booked with La Luna Inn and we were very happy with the our choice. The staff was incredibly friendly and always happy to help.

Our room was quite large, comfortable and well kept. We had noticed a few reviews mentioned noise coming off of busy Lombard St. but chose to take a chance any way, neither of us were bothered by any noise. We are from Chicago though and are probably use to more noise than say someone from a small town, but on the whole, even on the weekend I didn't notice any excessive noise in our street facing room.

The location of La Luna worked nicely for us, pretty much anywhere we went, Fisherman's Wharf, North Beach, China Town, Pacific Heights, and Castro St, were easily accessible by the Chestnut St (One block North of Lombard) MUNI line, one bus and we were where we wanted to be. The Palace of Fine Arts is a quick walk from La Luna and a great place to spend an afternoon. The Marina is also a few short blocks away and was a great place to spend down time and people watch. There are also a number of restaurants, bars, and stores located on Lombard, Chestnut and other surrounding streets.

I honestly cannot say enough about this place. The price was right, the location worked better than we expected, the staff made you feel at home, free parking, and clean spacious rooms (at least our was). I will agree with a review I ran across that commented on the poor continental breakfast, it was rather pitiful, but I wasn't staying there for the food so, it really didn't bother me. There are plenty of places around San Francisco to pick up an affordable meal if you look for them.

Unique Quality: The staff, they really were outstandingly friendly and helpful. No matter who was on duty or what question we asked they always had a quick and correct answer.

Directions: Located in the Marina District a few blocks from the Palace of Fine Arts.

• symbiont's Profile Photo

reasonably priced in a nice neighborhood location

I put my parents up in this place when they came to visit me a few years ago. It served its purpose as just a sleeping and showering hotel as we had a full agenda of SF sights to see.

Unique Quality: This place is an older motorlodge along the Lombard street strip. Its at the very end near Van Ness Ave so it has easier access to Russian Hill, The Marina and Pacific Heights neiborhoods. Some units have kitchenettes in them and are quiet at night so you can get a good nights sleep. Loads of restaturants within walking distance on Lombard street. Feng Shui is the best Chinese takeout in the city!

Directions: Corner of Van Ness and Union streets