Le Meridien San Francisco

333 Battery Street, (Formerly Park Hyatt), San Francisco, California, 94111, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• CAUTION: DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL

Whatever you do, DO NOT STAY AT THE LE MERIDIEN HOTEL IN SAN FRANCISCO—that is, unless you want terrible service and a noisy room that has not been cleaned properly. The staff is the worst feature of this hotel. Specifically, the staff is rude and has no concern whatsoever for the hotel’s guests. Moreover, at least one senior manager at the hotel outright lied to us. (1) Upon checking into the hotel, we requested a rubber non-slip mat for the bathtub. We had to make numerous requests for the non-slip mat. It finally arrived a number of hours later, after I had slipped in the tub and injured myself as a result of not having the non-slip mat. (2) After we got to our room, we requested several items such as towels and bath amenities to replace some of the dirty towels and already used amenities we found in our room. As with the non-slip mat, it took numerous calls and hours before we received some (not all) of the item we had requested, which should already have been in our room. Are clean towels and unopened bath amenities too much to ask from a hotel which considers itself to be quite upscale? (3) The television did not work properly, and no one came to fix it when we requested a working television. (4) We could not open the windows because the hotel is extremely noisy. (5) After I fell in the bathtub and injured myself because the hotel had not provided a non-slip mat on a timely basis, I could not drive home (we live about two hours from the hotel) because I had a severe concussion and my wife does not drive. I explained the situation to a senior manager at the hotel. He told me the hotel would pay for a car service to drive us home and for a tow truck to bring our car to our house. THE MANAGER OUTRIGHT LIED! The hotel charged the car service and the tow truck to my credit card, which the hotel had on file, and refused to pay the costs thereof. I did not sign the charge slips for the car service or the tow truck, and these items were not on our hotel bill at checkout. They were added to our hotel bill after our departure. (6) Finally, the same manager agreed to send some coffee and toast to our room. Of course, it never arrived. Why were we not surprised? (7) The hotel staff’s attitude is underscored by the fact that upon learning of my injury, not one hotel staff member asked how I was or offered any assistance whatsoever. (8) In sum, we would never stay at the Le Meridien Hotel in San Francisco again, even if we had been offered a free room.

Directions: VERY NOISY.

• fargoman's Profile Photo

High Atop the City

The Park Hyatt was one of my favorite places to stay while in San Francisco. We got very lucky and had one of the best rooms in the entire hotel...a Bay-view king bedded roon on the 24th floor.
    The service here is impecable and very friendly (as you would expect a 4-Diamond hotel to be) and the front desk staff & Concierge are very willing to assist you. Keep that in mind if you're a guest waking up there on a Sunday morning and feel the need to venture out for some coffee (besides the complimentary service in the morning)...Make sure to ask for the closest available coffee shop since 98% of the ones closest to the hotel are closed on Sundays!
    I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone willing to shell out over $350 for the bayview king room that I had.

Unique Quality: The views are awesome!! See the picture below ~

Here's also a list of room amenities:
    · Frette Goose down duvet cover
    · Nakamichi CD Player
    · High speed internet access - $11.95 per day
    · In-room safe with outlet to charge laptop and cell phone
    · AM/FM alarm clock radio
    · Electronic door lock
    · Full bath amenities by H2O+ Spa
    · Hairdryer
    · 27" Flatscreen TVs
    · Complimentary weekday newspaper delivery
    · Turndown available
    · Voice Mail
    · DVD players available upon request
    · In-room pay movies
    · Video check out
    · Ironing board with iron
    · Cordless telephones
    · Terry bathrobes
    · Fax machines on request

Directions: Close to the Embarcadero.

• jglsongs's Profile Photo

Luxury on the Embarcadero

Normally I don't stay in hotels as large (or expensive) as the Park Hyatt, but since the bill was on someone else's company, I couldn't pass up the opportunity.

If you can afford luxury, and need to stay in the Financial District, do the Park Hyatt! It's right at Embarcadero Center, not in the hotel zoo between Union Sq. and Chinatown and the rooms are large and spacious.

Unique Quality: The views can be spectacular, the concierge staff is amazing (ask for William!) and anything you want is always readily available.

Directions: On the corner of Battery and Clay and across from the Embarcadero Center - nearest public trans.: BART/MUNI at Embarcadero.

• HarmoniousBotch's Profile Photo

Very nice accomodations in the Financial District

The room was impeccable: clean, well laid-out, the furniture was gorgeous, and it had every amenity we could want. ( no shortcuts like combining shampoo and conditioner )
    We got a 19th floor room with a balcony that had a view of the bay for only $200. ( This was off season, in mid-March )
    The food from room service was as good or better than most restaurants.

{ as of Sept 2006 the hotel had been sold, and was operating under new management, so all of the above may not be accurate }

More about Le Meridien San Francisco

Nice hotel, wonderful views at the top floors

by TripAdvisor Member Salva

I stayed three nights at Le Meridien San Francisco in August. The room was beautiful, wide and with a grat bed. The staff was very nice and helpful.
They gave me a room on the 22nd floor, with a nice view over the downtown and the bay.
The hotel is located in the downtown, near Jackson. Nice place to stay with lot of restaurants around and just a few blocks walking from Chinatown. Just one objection: the parking was veryexpensive (49$ per night). Anyway, you have a public parking in the next building with a 28$ daily price.

Just average

This wasn't the five star experience I expected. There was no doorman or bellman when I arrived. There was only one person attending the registration desk and three guests in front of me, making for a wait to check in. I had reserved a King non-smoking. I deliberately did not reserve the double-double, which was 20 bucks less. Even though I checked in at thier check-in time - 3 p.m. - they said my room was not available without a long wait but they offered me a double double. But they wouldn't give me the lesser rate! It was ridiculous to stand there and argue with a line piling up behind me and an appointment to get to so I took the lesser room and the higher rate. What a sucker. I am going to follow up with the management. Any other hotel when this happens they either upgrade you or throw in a little something, not to mention correcting the rate. The room itself was fine. I was surprised that it was so small, and there was absolutely no view. It was clean and well furnished. I thought it was a little weird that the soaps were open (not wrapped up) making me think that maybe they were left from the previous stay. Nice bath amenities. The bathroom was large and really beautiful but a little dark. It helped that there was a lighted shaving mirror. The room was also pretty dark so I had to have all the lights on to see anything. The location was fine for me; walking distance to the various places I needed to be in the financial district. But I won't stay here again. One more thing -they were renovating the building across the street from my window. At ten oclock (midnight on the body clock) they began flinging large metal ducts from a fourth floor window into a dumpster below, reverberating throughout the alley. I called the front desk and they said that it was allowed until 11, that it happens every night, but they will stop at 11. They did.

Great friendly service

by TripAdvisor Member XYNYJAYDUB

I stayed at Le Meridien for an outside meeting .It was an easy walk to the Ferry building. I loved the rooms .The extended hour concierges were extremely helpful.I had gone to St Regis (too much attitude) to check it out for a drink and I greatly prefer the service at the bar at Le Meridien .The service at the Le Meridien bar was great ,professional yet friendly.I realy enjoyed the view from my room of the bay bridge .My only comment is that the CD player in my room was glued to the counter and too high for me to read the dials . I will stay there again with my I pod

Nice Property - Jaded Staff - Poorly Managed

by TripAdvisor Member Chazster

LeMeridien's around the world are renowned for their lovely appointed rooms, and this was no exception. Nice beds, nice linens, curtains, and contemporary bathrooms. But the staff, who are all former Park Hyatt employees, seem jaded about the recent take over. When I checked in, one young lady made a comment about not having a bellman because it's Meridien, and that we might not be used to the service.

Also, when they saw that I booked on hotwire and got a discounted rate, they actually told me that I get whatever is left over, that's how it works. So they put me in a double room, which was no big deal at all, I just thought that it was inappropriate to imply that because I got a good rate and prepaid through hotwire that I would be treated differently.

The service only got worse from there - the next night the 'acting manager' wouldn't allow me to take a bottle of alcohol into my room, citing it was a State of California law. Um, what? I have stayed in many 5 star hotels around the world, and have NEVER heard of such a rule. I surrendered my bottle of alcohol, which they kept until I checked out. The night before check out, I called to get a wake up call for 4AM, and asked them to bring me my bottle of alcohol - she said that the note said that they weren't allowed to, under any circumstances.

I know some people are reading this thinking I must have been a rowdy guest or an impossible to please person, but that is not the case, I am a physician, stayed in my room alone, and had no intention to consume the alcohol that was purchased in my room, in fact, I had already patronized the mini bar.

Beautiful property people, however, don't let their poor management spoil your stay.

Great Stay

by TripAdvisor Member U2Fans

We were on trip starting in San Francisco driving down the PCH to San Diego staying in 7 hotels in 10 days. Our experience at the Le Meridien on August 4-6, 2006 couldn't have been better. We were given a great room with a view of Coit Tower, etc...The house car was also available to take & pick us up from a Giants game on Fri. night. Everyone at the hotel was most helpful. I liked being within walking distance to the Ferry Building & shopping at the Embarcardero Center. You can walk over to the Ferry Bldg. & ride the F line over to Fishermans Wharf to eat at Bourdins & then take a cable car to union square to shop also.
I had read to take a ferry ride to Saulsilito for lunch which was fun too. Don't miss out on the Golden Gate Bridge. I would defintely stay here again. It was a beautiful hotel & great location.........

Beautiful Property with Some Service Issues

by TripAdvisor Member jgustafson

I selected Le Meridien for a romantic weekend in San Francisco for my wife's birthday after finding an excellent rate at the hotel's website.

When I checked in at reception and mentioned that it was my wife's birthday, they were nice enough to upgrade us to a large corner room with a spectacular view of the bay. Unfortunately, the key cards they provided did not work. Neither did the second set, or the third, or the fourth. Each department was blaming another for the problem with the keys, as if I cared why the keys were not working. Eventually security let us into our room. When I left the hotel for the afternoon, I was assured that engineering had resolved the issue and the next set of keys would work.

Unfortunately, they did not. The security guard who let us in the next time told us that he was surprised that they are still using this room, as the electronic lock had not worked properly for several weeks. After an immediate call to the manager, we were offered free cocktails and free breakfast for our inconvenience, which I felt was an adequate, albeit overdue, response from the supposed 5 star hotel.

Other than this service (and maintenance) glitch, everything was fantastic. The entire property was modern and tastefully furnished and very clean. I hope to give them another opportunity demonstrate how nice this hotel can be.

Park Hyatt San FranciscoPark Hyatt San Francisco