Le Meridien San Francisco

Average Value

Price and Rating Equal to similar hotels

See Hotels with Better Ratings

CAUTION: DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 10, 2012

Whatever you do, DO NOT STAY AT THE LE MERIDIEN HOTEL IN SAN FRANCISCO—that is, unless you want terrible service and a noisy room that has not been cleaned properly. The staff is the worst feature of this hotel. Specifically, the staff is rude and has no concern whatsoever for the hotel’s guests. Moreover, at least one senior manager at the hotel outright lied to us. (1) Upon checking into the hotel, we requested a rubber non-slip mat for the bathtub. We had to make numerous requests for the non-slip mat. It finally arrived a number of hours later, after I had slipped in the tub and injured myself as a result of not having the non-slip mat. (2) After we got to our room, we requested several items such as towels and bath amenities to replace some of the dirty towels and already used amenities we found in our room. As with the non-slip mat, it took numerous calls and hours before we received some (not all) of the item we had requested, which should already have been in our room. Are clean towels and unopened bath amenities too much to ask from a hotel which considers itself to be quite upscale? (3) The television did not work properly, and no one came to fix it when we requested a working television. (4) We could not open the windows because the hotel is extremely noisy. (5) After I fell in the bathtub and injured myself because the hotel had not provided a non-slip mat on a timely basis, I could not drive home (we live about two hours from the hotel) because I had a severe concussion and my wife does not drive. I explained the situation to a senior manager at the hotel. He told me the hotel would pay for a car service to drive us home and for a tow truck to bring our car to our house. THE MANAGER OUTRIGHT LIED! The hotel charged the car service and the tow truck to my credit card, which the hotel had on file, and refused to pay the costs thereof. I did not sign the charge slips for the car service or the tow truck, and these items were not on our hotel bill at checkout. They were added to our hotel bill after our departure. (6) Finally, the same manager agreed to send some coffee and toast to our room. Of course, it never arrived. Why were we not surprised? (7) The hotel staff’s attitude is underscored by the fact that upon learning of my injury, not one hotel staff member asked how I was or offered any assistance whatsoever. (8) In sum, we would never stay at the Le Meridien Hotel in San Francisco again, even if we had been offered a free room.

Directions: VERY NOISY.

fargoman's Profile Photo

High Atop the City

by written on May 9, 2005

The Park Hyatt was one of my favorite places to stay while in San Francisco. We got very lucky and had one of the best rooms in the entire hotel...a Bay-view king bedded roon on the 24th floor.
The service here is impecable and very friendly (as you would expect a 4-Diamond hotel to be) and the front desk staff & Concierge are very willing to assist you. Keep that in mind if you're a guest waking up there on a Sunday morning and feel the need to venture out for some coffee (besides the complimentary service in the morning)...Make sure to ask for the closest available coffee shop since 98% of the ones closest to the hotel are closed on Sundays!
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone willing to shell out over $350 for the bayview king room that I had.

Unique Quality: The views are awesome!! See the picture below ~

Here's also a list of room amenities:
· Frette Goose down duvet cover
· Nakamichi CD Player
· High speed internet access - $11.95 per day
· In-room safe with outlet to charge laptop and cell phone
· AM/FM alarm clock radio
· Electronic door lock
· Full bath amenities by H2O+ Spa
· Hairdryer
· 27" Flatscreen TVs
· Complimentary weekday newspaper delivery
· Turndown available
· Voice Mail
· DVD players available upon request
· In-room pay movies
· Video check out
· Ironing board with iron
· Cordless telephones
· Terry bathrobes
· Fax machines on request

Directions: Close to the Embarcadero.

jglsongs's Profile Photo

Luxury on the Embarcadero

by written on April 14, 2004

Normally I don't stay in hotels as large (or expensive) as the Park Hyatt, but since the bill was on someone else's company, I couldn't pass up the opportunity.

If you can afford luxury, and need to stay in the Financial District, do the Park Hyatt! It's right at Embarcadero Center, not in the hotel zoo between Union Sq. and Chinatown and the rooms are large and spacious.

Unique Quality: The views can be spectacular, the concierge staff is amazing (ask for William!) and anything you want is always readily available.

Directions: On the corner of Battery and Clay and across from the Embarcadero Center - nearest public trans.: BART/MUNI at Embarcadero.

HarmoniousBotch's Profile Photo

Very nice accomodations in the Financial District

by written on April 10, 2004

The room was impeccable: clean, well laid-out, the furniture was gorgeous, and it had every amenity we could want. ( no shortcuts like combining shampoo and conditioner )
We got a 19th floor room with a balcony that had a view of the bay for only $200. ( This was off season, in mid-March )
The food from room service was as good or better than most restaurants.

{ as of Sept 2006 the hotel had been sold, and was operating under new management, so all of the above may not be accurate }

Nearby Le Meridien San Francisco

Le Meridien San Francisco

• Park Hyatt San Francisco
  • San Francisco Le Meridien
  • Le Meridien San Francisco Hotel San Francisco

Address: 333 Battery Street, (Formerly Park Hyatt), San Francisco, California, 94111, United States

2 Photos of Le Meridien San Francisco

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

San Francisco Travel Forum

Need advice about San Francisco, California? Visit the Travel Forum for San Francisco and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest San Francisco hotel reviews