Mandarin Oriental San Francisco

Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco
Hotels.com Mandarin Oriental Travelocity

Costs 87% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Pimilan's Profile Photo

Third tallest bulding in town

Incredible hotel on the top floor of the third tallest bulding of the town. Panoramic corridor between the 2 tower.
    Incredible view to all Sanfrancisco, Baybridge, Alcatraz and Golden Gate. Superb red marble bathroom, not my but some bathroom offer panoramic view from the bath! Perfect service, they bring shampoo, powder, cream, after shampoo and doll for our baby. Great food on the room service. One of my best hotel experience.

Unique Quality: Incredible view, perfect service

More about Mandarin Oriental San Francisco

When traveling to S.F. try if,...

by JOHN_C.

When traveling to S.F. try if, flying in, to arrive above the city at dusk. The view of the city and Golden Gate is never to be forgotten.

Favourite hotel: Mandarin Oriental. The welcome - the activity - the ambience

Loved Everything!

by TripAdvisor Member pinkpanther8

We visited the Mandarin Oriental the first week of October. It was our first trip to San Fran and without a doubt will definitely return to both the city and the hotel. We don't even want to consider another hotel.
We had a Bridge to Bridge view room (worth every penny) with outstanding views of Golden Gate Bridge, Bay Bridge, & Alcatraz. The bathroom was large with beautiful tile and really nice amenities (scale, slippers, Frette linen hand towel, nice size amenities, & where else do they give you a loofah sponge with bath gel?) The service was very good and prompt; staff was friendly. The welcoming tea service was a very nice touch and the maids always offered lots of bottled water. The decor had an Asian influence which was nice for a change, and it wasn't too overboard. Can't wait to return.

Great View but Old and Dirty Furniture

We had the Bridge to Bridge room. The rate was almost $500 per night. The view was great, absolutely breath taking! However, the windows were dirty. Someone who stayed previously wiped it off with a hand, so we could peek through the area. Also, sofas and carpet were severly stained. The worst was the bed. Not only old, the matress were so old that the right side (near TV set) and the left side has different firmness. The right side was way soft and I felt its springs! Horrible. TV set/screen was small and cheap. Bathroom was just Okay. Water pressure was weak. The house keeping forgot to do the turn down service.
I honestly think this hotel charges way higher for what they offer. We won't go back to Mandarin Oriental SF unless they update.

Very Impressive

by TripAdvisor Member kimsoo

My family and I spent the three days before Christmas '04, in a suite at the Mandarin. While some of the hotel is showing a bit of age (carpeting in the elevator, for instance), it did not detract one bit from the fantastic views and excellent service.

Our rooms were very clean and spacious, with tasteful furnishings and fresh flowers. The bathrooms were huge and contained everything you could possibly need. The bed was very comfortable and I was pleased that it did not have one of those dreadful feather mattresses. Another nice feature was the zoned heat/air, i.e., the living and sleeping areas were on separate thermostats. There was also a nicely stocked mini bar, a cd player and a dvd player.

The service was absolutely the best. From the moment we arrived, we were treated like the only guests in the hotel. The concierge was fantastic, suggesting restaurants (all good), making reservations and even arranging for the hotel car to drive us. Room service was fast and tasty, housekeeping was excellent and unobtrusive and our car was always ready within minutes of phoning the parking valet. The entire staff was courteous, friendly and accommodating.

The views from the hotel are truly amazing and they even supply you with binoculars. We had no dirty windows in our rooms.

The Mandarin Oriental was very impressive and I highly recommend it for anyone desiring an upscale hotel with outstanding service.

Great Experience

We stayed here in July, 2004. This was a 2nd honeymoon for us and important because it was our first real vacation without our children. The attention to detail is wonderful. I had missed breakfast one morning & they re-opened the kitchen for me. I was very impressed. We would stay here again! The views can't be beat too!

excellent hotel

Really enjoyed our stay at the Mandarin. The room was excellent - extremely clean and with an amazing view overlooking the bay and bridges. The staff were very friendly, took the time to learn our names and made suggestions as to places to visit on our stay. Breakfast was included in the price and there was an extensive choice available - tried something different each morning and they were all delicious. Dinner at Silks, the hotel restaurant, is a real treat - the food is a mixture of American/Asian cuisine and is delicious.
The only criticism we have of this hotel (and it's a small one) is that the window overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge needed a good clean, which spoilt the view a bit. Mind you, the room was on the 40th floor so guess we can't expect the windows cleaned every day!

loved it

What a wondeful hotel! We stayed in a "Bridge to Bridge" room which was as spectacular as described with panoramic views of the entire SF Bay (binoculars provided, nice touch). Absolutely stunning, worth the trip right there. The Concierge was flawless. They got us dinner reservations at an impossible to get into restaurant and also arranged for a rental car (we needed to drive down the Coast for a wedding) to be dropped off for us at the hotel. The hotel is nicely situated within walking distance of many great neighborhoods. The service is impeccable and the decor is less fussy than comparable 5 star hotels. We cannot wait to try out the M.O. New York!

Great views, but needs updating

by TripAdvisor Member Calfan

I was really looking forward to staying at the Mandarin. I enjoy their properties in Hawaii and Munich, and thought -- based even on this website-- that the S.F. outpost would live up the same level of luxury. Unfortunately, although it is a fine hotel and has exemplary service, it is too outdated to merit 5 stars. First, the decor in the bedrooms, and in particular, the bathroom is old. In fact, I think my grandmother owned the circa 1980 Bulova clock that hung in the bathroom. The rugs and entrance also shows too much wear and tear, and the gym is embarrassing. The "treadmills" are at least 10 years old and the room itself is too small to do anything but the most basic of workouts. For the same price, I would recommend the Four Seasons, where the rooms are updated and you have access to the SportsClub LA just a few flights down from your room.

mandarin oriental

by hawaiianhottie

Has anyone ever been to a wedding at the Mandarin Oriental? I'm considering getting married there.

RE: mandarin oriental

by Ciambella

We had our wedding at Mandarin Oriental. The hotel's event cordinator worked with me on the preparation. Even though it was a very small wedding and we had a small budget, she treated it as the most important event of the year! :)

We used to stay there very often while living in the States, we thought of it fondly as "our" hotel. The only tip I have on my SF page right now is about Mandarin Oriental, you can check it out if you wish.

RE: RE: mandarin oriental

by Alikatt

I've gone to weddings at two other hotels, the Ritz Carlton and The Palace. Both are wonderful. I can't help you though vith the Mandarin but it looks like someone had an eventful wedding. You should talk to the banquet people at several hotels to know your options. Other wonderful hotels here: The Mark Hopkins, The Four Seasons, The Huntington Hotel, The Clift and a few more...Congratulations!

Comments