Marriott San Francisco Fishermans Wharf

Marriott.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 45% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• bpwarne's Profile Photo

Great location at Fisherman's Wharf

We stayed at this hotel in June, 2008. We paid $93 USD total/night, midweek, for a Room with a King size bed. We purchased this reservation through a Priceline bid of $75. With taxes & fees it came to $93.
    Staff was very courteous and efficient. Room was a little over average size with nice carpeting/furnishings, on the 2nd floor. Bed was extremely plush and comfortable with down comfoorter, feather pillows and quilted top foam mattress and triple sheeting. Bath was rather average with nice ammenities and hair dryer. Room had sat TV w/HBO, refridgerator, coffee maker with premium coffee and teas, free newspaper in the morning, desk and a couple chairs. High Speed Internet (not wireless) was available at a very high price, $12.95/day. There may be free wireless in the lobby, not sure.
    Parking was top dollar, $43/day! Well...it is San Francisco and it is Fishermans Wharf. We parked a couple very short blocks away for $25/day and saved $18 by walking less than 5 minutes. There are numerous parking garages in the area, you just have to check them out or bite the bullet!
    All in all we were very pleased with this hotel and especially at the price we paid. True three stars in this area of the city for less than $100/day are a real bargain.

Unique Quality: Very courteous staff. Excellent location at Fishermans Wharf near Golden Gate Bridge, Ghirardelli Square, Pier 39, North Beach district, Cable Cars, easy cable car ride to Chinatown. Nice Fitness Center, no pool. Restaurant named Spada on premises.

Directions: On Columbus Ave at the corner of North Point Street

• Mandy23's Profile Photo

Good location

Overall we had a nice stay. The only minus was an impolite phone conversation that we had with an employee of the hotel a day before our arrival. That aside, the room was clean, equipped with coffee maker, iron board, tv, internet access (their wireless business rate was $ 12.95/day), hairdryer in the bathrrom etc
    They have a breakfast buffet with everything from fresh fruit to toast, pastries, muffins, breakfast potatoes, eggs benedict, bacon, sausage etc etc

Unique Quality: If you wanna spend some time near Fisherman's Wharf, it's ideally located, just two blocks away. To go downtown, you can catch the bus #30 (Stockton) across the street, which will drop you off exactly at the hotel entrance on your way back.

• sarahandgareth's Profile Photo

Comfort like you'd expect

We were given a wedding gift of several nights at the Marriott, which took away the hassle of organising accommodation during the high season. The Marriott is part of a big chain, but we were very happy with our accommodation, which was a good-sized room, and especially with the breakfast which was, in our case, included in the room price (and which was far superior to the kind of breakfast we've had in similar places: great omelets fresh-made and an especially good fresh fruit selection).

It's also well-located: it's near the very touristy Fisherman's Wharf, but it's also extremely easy to get straight downtown by bus or cable car, while it's almost as quick to get over to Cow Hollow and the Marina.

More about Marriott San Francisco Fishermans Wharf

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member Linkc71

Marriott Fishermans Wharf was WONDERFUL!! I know it doesnt look like much from the pictures but the hotel is beautiful. We stayed there for our 13th anniversary and I was more than pleased. The beds are so comfortable and the staff was fabulous. Stay here and you wont be disappointed.

Would definitely stay here again

by TripAdvisor Member islandgirl13

My husband & I just returned from a weekend at the Marriott & what a wonderful time we had. Every review I read mentioned how comfortable the beds were & I thought - how comfortable could they be? They're incredible! The only downfall is - you don't want to get out of them!!! :) The staff was fantastic; anything we asked for they got it for us with a smile. The rooms were clean with nice bath products. I read some reviews that complained of the noise - well here's the deal---you're in the middle of the city - there's noise. Personally, I like it. I like the hustle & bustle of the city - it get me moving and helps me to start my day. Perhaps those people that don't like the horns honking & such should go to the countryside for the weekend instead!!!
Anyway, the Marriott helped to make our stay a memorable experience and I highly recommend it everyone.

Nice room, accommodating staff, great stay!

by TripAdvisor Member oklahomayorkie

My husband and I stayed our last night in San Francisco at this hotel, after spending the previous night on Nob Hill.

Check-in was very smooth and we were treated very well. I had made a couple requests months ago when I booked my room, and they were granted without a reminder! I had requested a room on the top floor, facing Jones street (as recommended by other TripAdvisor users!) I was pleased to see they had noted my requests and honored them.

The room was a little small, but that didn't really bother us.. We didn't plan a trip to San Francisco to sit in our room! I couldn't wait to try out this bed so many other people have raved about, so I sat down and leaned back, and just sank in!!! It felt so comfortable, I couldn't wait to spend a night there.

The view out of our room was decent, we had a pretty good view of a portion of downtown.

My biggest complaint about this hotel involves the bathroom. It is definitely showing its age... but the largest problem can easily be fixed! The shower curtain is just plain TACKY. It does not match the class of the hotel by any means, and it would not be hard for Marriott to get some more neutral shower curtains that are more pleasant to look at! The provided toiletries are Bath and Body works- they smell so wonderful and are a nice touch.

Parking was once again steep, at $38 a night, but I was prepared for that. It was nice to be so close to the Wharf, where we specifically wanted to be because we were taking a night tour of Alcatraz. When that was finished, it was a quick walk back to the hotel. However, the Marriott is a block or so further inland than many of the other wharf hotels... If you really want to be right on the main strip, the Courtyard or Arognaut will get you a bit closer. The Holiday Inn looked pretty run down, at least from the outside.

When we got back to our hotel, we went over to the bar to get some dessert. The menu was rather limited, and nothing looked that great, so we decided to get a pizza to bring back to our room. The bartender was very friendly and accommodating.

The bed was VERY comfortable, and we had a great nights' sleep! My husband, however, didn't enjoy the feather bed, but I sure did! It must have been because our room faced Jones Street, but we had absolutely no problem with noise.

This is a great hotel, and I had a wonderful experience. I would stay here again, though if I visit San Francisco again, I would prefer to stay in the more immediate downtown area rather than on Fisherman's Wharf. However, it was the perfect location for us to stay after spending an afternoon and evening on the Wharf and at Alcatraz.

The Marriott was great!

by TripAdvisor Member KC_travels08

After much hand wringing of where to stay in San Francisco with a 16 yr old and a 14 yr old on a family vacation, I finally choose the Marriott Fisherman's Wharf (primarily because I'm a big Marriott Rewards member). I had read varying reviews of this hotel and also had several recommendations from San Francisco regulars to stay near Union Square or in the Financial District . . . not tacky Fisherman's Wharf.

Well, I'm glad I didn't listen to them! In my opinion, if you are in SF for a short time with kids, the Fisherman's Wharf area is a perfect place to base your operations. The Marriott hotel was great! Nice lobby. Nice bar. Free internet (with 2 computers and a printer) in the Business Center. Very accommodating staff. Beds were terrific. Typical Marriott furniture and decor. Very close to the Cable Car lines. A full service Safeway grocery store a block away. Lots of restaurants (including fast food -- In and Out, Burger King, McDonalds) close-by. You can walk to Lombard Street, Coit Tower, Fisherman's Wharf (Pier 39) and easily catch the boats to Alcatraz.

It's true that parking is expensive, but it is everywhere in this city. Take my recommendation and avoid the hassle. Don't rent a car... you don't need one. You can walk, take a taxi, or buy an all day muni & cable car pass for $9/person and get anywhere you want to go. We did that one day and explored downtown, visited the Cable Car Museum, went to China Town and even searched out the house in Mrs. Doubtfire and Lombard School from the Princess Diaries. It was great fun and our kids loved exploring and riding the cable cars.

Loved the snuggly soft beds!

My husband and I recently returned from a five-night stay at the Marriott Fisherman's Wharf and loved it! The hotel really is in a great location. It is blocks away from the cable car and F-line and a bus stop is right outside the hotel entrance. We bought a 7-day MUNI pass for $20 each and had unlimited access to each of these modes of transportation. Believe me, that came in handy when we were tired of walking and we could just hop on the nearest ride. The hotel was very nice and we had no problems with the service. We got there about three hours before check in and they allowed us to check in right away. I was afraid we would not get a good room because I have read that when you book with Travelocity, you get the "left-over" rooms. That did not happen at Marriott FW. When I made our reservation, I requested a king, non-smoking room facing the courtyard and that's what we got. Our room was actually a nice size...we didn't feel like it was too small. A few minutes after we got into our room, I heard a loud, squealing noise and realized it was the fountain in the courtyard. As I was thinking that noise will not be good while we are trying to sleep, someone came to fix it. I was impressed. As many people have said, the bed was wonderful! It was so soft and comfortable! My husband is not usually a fan of soft beds, and he even loved the bed. While we were there, I decided I wanted my bed at home to be that way, so I have begun looking at feathertops and down pillows. The only downside to the room is the bathroom is very small. Even with that said, we still loved the room and would definitely recommend this hotel.

Great location.

by TripAdvisor Member Soflares1

Used some of my Marriott "points" to stay here for a couple of nights ove rthe fourth of July. It's a great location near the Wharf. A great buffet breakfast is included in their package, making this a reasonably inexpensive stay. My only complaint is what I thought was an anomallymy last stay seems to be the "norm" and that is the Non-Smoking rooms smell of smoke. I had two rooms this time and one was insufferable. The other was marginal after leaving the window and door open. Last time I stayed here, I had the same problem......very convenient to The Wharf though.

Comments