665 Bush Street, San Francisco, California, 94108, United States

The Orchard Hotel
Travelocity Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Costs 82% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• “Bad Manners from this hotel”

We did an international phone call from this hotel and when we were leaving we ask for the bill of the phone call, they didn't know and specify the tariffs of the phone calls and the minuts i spend, but they charge me 146 dollars!!! The reception lady didn't matter and they didn't let me talk with the manager, i spend two hours trying to know the phone tariffs and it was impossible. The workers were inefficients so i recommend you to not stay in this hotel.

• nice location

you may want to consider Orchard Hotel, on nob hill and very closed to Union square. I stayed there once and it was a quite nice. They are doing a promotion in May with $169/night only which is very fair price in SF. Have fun.

• Gem in Union Square

When I first stayed here, I had considered it one of San Francisco's best kept secrets. Well, the secret's out and, consequently, the prices have risen somewhat since I was there. But I would still recommend this hotel without hesitation. My room was well appointed and immaculate. The location of the hotel is perfect, situated between Nob Hill and Union Square, and a block or two from Chinatown and the #30 bus to the Marina and Fisherman's Wharf (go if you must) or, in the other direction, the bus to AT&T Park. There is a very good restaurant right on the corner of Bush and Powell.

The block up to the hotel from Sutter to Bush Street is a bit steep if you walk up Powell. If you can't or don't want to walk up the hill, go up Stockton Street and walk up the stairs under the Stockton tunnel. It's a bit further from the hotel once on Bush, but at least you won't need a respirator.

• virtualpatrick's Profile Photo

Orchard Hotel

Unique Quality: Boutique hotel built from the ground up in 2000. 105 rooms, broadband internet, 27in Sony tv, DVD & CD players. Balinese wood furnishings, bathrooms have marble floors, Frete linens, breakfast buffet.

Located a couple of blocks from Union Square, right in front of a cable car line - how convenient!

• NatashaG123's Profile Photo

A Hidden Treasure

Just like a majority of San Francisco Hotels, the Orchard rooms are on the smaller side, not tiny, just smaller. Though they do have large bathrooms and well lighted, with Aveda Products! I was very impressed with the hotel because of it's friendly, welcoming staff, modern rooms and location. The Orchard is in walking distance of Union Square, Financial District & Chinatown. The price was very reasonable ($149 on Friday, for one night, which included parking and continental breakfast.)

Unique Quality: One very nice amenity of the hotel is there is a DVD player in the room. It was nice to be able to come back, in the evening, and enjoy a movie. They have a nice selection of movies to borrow at no additional charge. Also, the continental breakfast was very yummy and had a nice selection. With the high cost of hotels in San Francicso, this was an excellent, modern hotel with a low budget price.

Directions: Union Square, just by the Chinatown entrance. The Cable cars run right by the hotel.

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

Great Location At Affordable Rates!

This amazing 10-storey boutique hotel has an EXCELLENT city center location. It is right in the heart of Union Square i.e. the shopping district of San Francisco. Wow, right? In fact on some days, I chose to walk down busy Bush Street to the Financial District rather than take the complimentary transportation provided by the hotel.

The hotel staff working here are exceptionally polite and wonderful. However, I wasn't given a 'room with a view' during my last visit here (even though I stayed at the hotel for 3 weeks!). Tsk, Tsk. My room actually faced a brick wall; I believe it was the wall of the building next door.

Unique Quality: I would highly recommend this superb hotel - for it's fantastic location to all the major attractions and transportation. Also, the affordable hotel rates charged made my 3-weeks stay here highly memorable.

Note: You can also take advantage of the complimentary Town Car service provided for all hotel guests in the mornings at 7:15 a.m. and again at 8:30 a.m. Destination? The Financial District.

More about Orchard Hotel

Best Hotel in SFO!

The Orchard Hotel is the best deal in San Francisco. The hotel is comparable to a 5 star hotel in every way, except the price! We paid $139/nt, for a beautiful room, very spacious and clean. You have a DVD player in your room and free DVD rentals in the lobby. The free breakfast is excellent. The only place we'll stay in San Francisco.

Orchard was Wonderful!!!

My husband and I had the wonderful pleasure of staying at the Orchard Hotel for 3 nights (Sept. 13-15). The room was spacious and comfortable. The King Size bed was a dream. The bathroom was large and beautifully decorated. The location was excellent. We did not rent a car and purchased the 3 day City Pass for transportation. This includes the cable cars, muni system, and buses. It was a steal at $15 for 3 days per person. We took the Muni to Pac Bell Park and it drops you off right in front of the park. The hotel is close to tons of shopping and restaurants. You can catch the cable cars right outside of the hotel and be in Fishermen's Wharf in minutes. The free breakfast was perfect.
It includes cereals, bread and muffins, meat and cheese, fresh fruit.
hard boiled eggs and juice.

When we travel again to SF, we will definately stay at the Orchard again.

Great value

by TripAdvisor Member ramona52

Spent 3 nights at the Orchard Hotel. The area is midway between Union Square and Nob Hill so very convenient although the property across the street is not so attractive. The rooms are on the small side but everything is attractive, new and clean. Large closet and bath, extremely comfortable bed and wonderful linens. We rarely heard any other guests and the street noise was minimal. For $139/night with a continental breakfast, it is a great value. The only minor complaint I have is that the towels could be a better quality. You will not be disappointed with this hotel and I am an extremely demanding person when it comes to hotels!

Thoroughly enjoyed it

My wife and I spent 3 wonderful nights at The Orchard Hotel last month.
It was our first trip to San Francisco so we didn't know quite what to expect. It was a nice surprise...we both felt that the hotel was a great value. Service was wonderful. The room was spacious and tastefully decorated with good quality linens and a very comfortable bed. My wife especially liked the Aveda spa products. We both found the included European-style continental breakfast very satisfying. We were on a street-side room on the 7th floor, and though we could hear the cable-cars running on Powell, it was not at all disturbing...all part of the San Francisco charm. We'll be back.

The other reviews are right - this place is excellent !!

by TripAdvisor Member mlas

Stayed in the Orchard during a busy August week. Lots happening in and around the hotel. It was very welcoming, from the character of the doormen, through to the polite and courteous receptionists and the efficient bar and restuarant staff, my stay could not have been faulted.

The rooms are exactly as shown on the web site, spotlessly clean and efficiently serviced twice daily. Dolby 5.1 DVD Systems and high speed internet in the room for no extra charge, and even a DVD loan library.

Whilst the walk up from Union Square has one block on a steep gradient, it is easy and safe to find. If you have had a busy day, just use the cable car - it stops right outside.

Now that I have been to the Orchard, I will not want to stay anywhere else in San Francisco.

accomodation san francisco

by gassa

could anyone suggest there preffered accomadation for 2 adults and 2 kids 10 @ 14 yrs,near union square or fishermans wharf,reasons for either,3 to 4 star june/july.

by YVRDave

Check out the Handlery Hotel on Geary St. http://www.handlery.com/sf/
It has a pool for the kids and is well run

by USanFrancisco

What's your budget?

by gassa

My budget is upto about $200-$250 a night. Just wondering if its better in union square or down fishermans wharf. Someone suggested the sheraton?

by USanFrancisco

There's a lot of options for that budget. I'd personally recommend: The Orchard Hotel, The Donatello, and The Chancellor Hotel. I've stayed at all three before and enjoyed my stay at each of them. They're all located in Union Square, close to restaurants, shopping, cable cars, clubs, bars, lounges, and chinatown. The Chancellor Hotel has the best location in Union Square. The Orchard Hotel is in a ritzy part of Union Square. The Donatello is a block from the heart of Union Square, but has the nicest rooms out of the three. Check their prices and photos, you can't go wrong with any of them. I'd definetly stay in Union Square vs. Fisherman's Wharf. 95% of Fisherman's Wharf caters to tourist, so it's souveneir shop after another. It's a nice area to visit for a couple hours or half the day, but Union Square has more to offer.

Comments