Queen Anne Hotel

See Amenities

True Ghost story

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 2, 2012

I want to make this clear from the start, It was my mothers 62nd birthday on July of 2004, and I wanted to surprise her with an overnight stay at the Queen Anne hotel. I don't remember what room we stayed in although I believed it to be on the 3rd or 4th floor and on the right side of the hallway if I recall, It was tea time around 6pm that evening we arrived and I told mom that I would take our stuff and go into our room and unload and take a hot soothing bath and relax and join her after a freshen up a bit... I was in the Claw foot tub and noticed the cool breeze from the bathroom window slightly opened and all of a sudden I felt a rush of air coming thru and startled me a bit, then "quote" I had my bathroom door open and I heard door slaming hard and my impression was this "quote" wow! someone downstairs is either upset or mad their slaming the door below us sounds almost like it's coming from in here. that loud!! I got out of the tub and went to greet my mother and I sat down at the grand piano and played Chopin's Nocturne in D-flat almost erie and surreal as I FELT A PRESENCE I NEVER IMAGINED UPON ME! after I played the Nocturne mom and I returned to our room and we settled in and was talking in bed with the lights still on and I am telling you the truth here, Mom and I SAW THE CLOSET DOOR VIOLENTLY TRYING TO OPEN AND THE DOOR KNOB TURNING AND TURNING!! I was scared to death, since I didn't believe in ghost "I DO NOW" needless to say I didn't sleep well that night and had a nightmare on top of that! We still had a good stay, but Unexpected events such as this put a scary theme as we wanted to get clarification of how this was happening. got back to Sacramento, and low and behold I mentioned where we stayed and they told me you didn't know the Queen Anne is haunted! Well we let Miss Mary Lake out of that closet that she somehow got trapped into she wanted to be free!!. ................I would definitly believe I would have not been afraid if I knew her Spirit was still in the house.

Unique Quality: Step back in time to the late 19th Century San Francisco!!!

vivecapark's Profile Photo

A Lovely Setting

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 13, 2004

This had an elegant, old fashioned touch. An abundant contenental breakfast was included. Everyone was friendly.

Unique Quality: Several parlours where people can gather. The fireplace was a nice touch at night.

It was pricey, but they gave us a good rate since we were with the wedding party. They discounted it even more since we decided to stay a week.

It was right on the bus line and convenient for us to get around on the bus.

Directions: Pacific Heights

Nearby Queen Anne Hotel

Queen Anne Hotel

• Queen Anne San Francisco

Address: 1590 Sutter Street, At Octavia Street, San Francisco, California, 94109, United States

1 Photo of Queen Anne Hotel

• Suites
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

San Francisco Travel Forum

Need advice about San Francisco, California? Visit the Travel Forum for San Francisco and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest San Francisco hotel reviews