1530 Lombard Street, San Francisco, California, 94123, United States
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Redwood Inn

Perfect stay in redwood inn san francisco

We are guests from Spain and we stayed here for 4 days in redwood inn motel.
we really enjoyed our stay in this motel. the room is clean, very comfortable, the location is very good.
It is very close to the main attractions in the city. The manager and the staff are really friendly and helpful.

we recomend this motel to everybody who visit san francisco.

great stay at redwood inn

Looking for the best bang for the buck? Redwood Inn is located near everything at a great price. Yan, the manager provided us with outstanding service. He got us free wireless internet, and when it didn't work at first, he went all the way to fix the problem. Just a great experience in clean rooms. Warmly recommend this hotel

Wonderful App.

Excellent rooms with HBO with nice friendly employers.
We stayed for 4 nights, and we had a great time in San Francisco's excellent Redwood Inn.
Thank you for giving us a good home.

the german visiting team

Not a good deal - could have done better.

by TripAdvisor Member Andrew-Beaumont

Drove from Tahoe to San Fran and booked this hotel night before - 3 nights, Friday, Saturday and Sunday $100 per night. Seemed to be reasonable and location was good - Pier 39 20 mins walk. Hotel was just very average - rooms ok, free parking. If you get a good deal, you could do worse, but we didnt and I wish we had looked elsewhere.

Clean , tidy,very helpfull

by TripAdvisor Member CHASWINDSURFER

Rooms were clean , recently refurbished and inexpensive.
This was a pleasant ,safe ,place to stay where the parking was free and yet short walk to Canairie Wharf/cable cars.
The manager and staff were extremely helpful ,advising us where to go and what to do.
Highly recommended.
Charles Garman , Scotland
cgarman@diamondpower.co.uk

Good Place

My family and I were in the Fisherman Wharf area on the afternoon of 28th Dec 2006. We checked rates at the nearby hotel and it was going for $160/per night.

Finally, we found Redwood Inn. First, we were greeted by May Cheung and she gave her best price of
$75.00/per night.

This place was closeby to Fisherman Whart (about 10 mins walk). We were very comfortable walking home late in the night as it was very safe. Easy access - as we found many buses going to Chinatown, Union Square, etc.

The room was very big, spacious and clean. We also use the coin laundry facility. The hotel has free carpark for customers.

Very nice man running the show

Good room for price. Clean, comfortable and very convenient. The staff was very helpful and nice. If you're like me and your trip is about being outside, not inside, this place is perfect. Nothing exciting, but it's clean and that's all I really care about when I'm sleeping and showering somewhere far from home. Oh, and it's cheap!

Don't Go There!

Made a reservation for a single Queen room for Friday night, called the next day to add Saturday night to reservation. I was told there were no more single Queen rooms, and I would have to pay $20.00 extra for a double room for Saturday. I agreed.

When I arrived late afternoon to check in Friday, I was told there were no more double rooms, and I could only have a single room for both nights. I asked what the rate would be, and was told I would still have to pay for the double room, I had no choice, since the hotel was sold out. I protested, but was given a choice of leaving or accepting their terms, and I did not have enough time to search for another hotel so I accepted.

My room was infested with ants, and was dirty. I called to report this, I was told there was nothing they could do, there were no more rooms. I asked if they could at least come up and wash the room down with bleach, and agent told me he was alone, and he could do nothing for me, I should call back in the morning, maybe someone could help me then.

The next day, I again reported the problem to a different agent, and was moved to a different room, which had no evidence of ants.

Bottom line, customer service and maintenance are horrible at this hotel.

Cheese Ravioli with Meat SauceCheese Ravioli with Meat Sauce

Footpath along Ocean BeachFootpath along Ocean Beach

InsideInside

View of GG from Legion of HonorView of GG from Legion of Honor

Alcatraz Island

by PocketRocket

We are going to be in San Francisco from December 1st to the 4th. We plan to do Alcatraz on the 2nd and probably do the night tour. Who is the best booking company to book tickets through? What's our best option?

by Avijayan

There are many, you may want to check out www.sanfranshuttletours.com

by pfsmalo

From what I remember, yes there are lots that go around the Island, but only one that drops you ON the island and that is called Alcatraz cruises on Pier 33. You can actually book on the 'net, as I did. No cheaper, no more expensive, but at least you have the tickets, although at the beginning of December you probably won't be crushed in the rush for tickets.

by PocketRocket

Alcatraz Cruises was what I was looking at as well.

by swissfondue

I would book online in advance if you want to do the night tour. According to the helpful lady selling tickets at Alcatraz Cruises (Pier 33) the night tour is particularly popular and always sells out in advance. You still need to collect the tickets from the pre-paid counter but at least you will have a reserved spot.

I tried to purchase same day tickets at Pier 33 when I was in SF on a Saturday in early April. It was around 10.30am. The Saturday tickets had sold out but plenty of departure times were available for the following day. The night tour was sold out for the three nights I was able to go.

by Dabs

I got the same advice as swissfondue, so we booked the night tour in advance. The advantage of the night tour is that there are less people out there and they do some special talks that they don't do during the day. Plus you get to see Alcatraz both while the sun is out (although the sun may set earlier in Dec than when we were there in Spet) and while it's dark, it's kinda creepy out there at night.

I think someone already gave you this website but this is the official website for Alcatraz and where people told me to book tickets

Be sure to dress warm, when out on the water it gets chillier than on land, esp. for the night tour.

by PocketRocket

Excellent! It's great to have the same advice from so many different people. Does anyone know when winter tickets go on sale? I have been to the Alcatraz cruise website a couple of times however it appears you can only book up until October

by Dabs

I'm not sure when they go on sale but you should be safe booking them a month or so in advance, I think we probably booked about 3 weeks in advance. But if you wait until you get there, you might be disappointed.

by PocketRocket

Will definately book before we leave the country, I don't like to leave anything to chance if I don't have to

Comments