Sheraton Fishermans Wharf Hotel

Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel
Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Costs 38% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Great Accommodation For Every Kind Of Travelers

Hotel Sheraton Fisherman’s Wharf in San Francisco is an astounding hotel. The hotel lies at a close proximity to Pier 39'S Attractions and Eateries. For the buffet style breakfasts, the guests can enjoy at the on-site Sol restaurant. The Espresso coffee service, a full bar and sandwiches and salads on the heated outdoor patio are some of the amazing options for the guests. A fitness center, a sundeck and a heated outdoor pool are some of the recreational amenities for the guests.

This was the first time I stayed at Hotel Sheraton Fisherman’s Wharf. Earlier I have stayed at other hotels in San Francisco, but as my trip to San Francisco this time was not pre-planned, I couldn’t get accommodation in the hotel where I usually stay. I checked the internet and found the website www.hotels2stay.net. This particular site provided me lots of option for hotel booking and it also has the description of the hotels along with the pictures. After going through various hotels I liked the facilities of Hotel Sheraton Fisherman’s Wharf and booked the hotel immediately. As promised by the website the booking procedure was very easy and took me only few seconds. My stay at this hotel was amazing. It was much better than the previous hotel where I usually stay. The staff, dining options, recreational facilities, business center, everything is just perfect. All thanks to hotels2stay.net for making my stay a pleasant one.

Unique Quality: Limo or Town Car service available
    Pet policy Dogs, Fees Apply
    Tour assistance
    Wireless Internet access - complimentary
    Audio-visual equipment
    Currency exchange

Directions: 2500 Mason St - San Francisco, CA, United States 94133

Located In The Fisherman's Wharf Neighborhood, The Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Is Located Two Blocks From Pier 39'S Attractions And Eateries.

• loisl's Profile Photo

Great also for business travellers

For years I stayed around market street to be close to the business district.
    Finally I ended in the Sheraton at Fishermans Wharf.

Unique Quality: Great location for after-business activities.
    Lower price then down at Market Street.
    Taking the Cable car in the morning for a ride down to the business district is fun.

• Easty's Profile Photo

Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf

A full service hotel in the heart of the Fisherman's Wharf district. It is just blocks from Pier 39, boats to Alcatraz, many shops, and cable car/bus lines.

Unique Quality: Has an outdoor pool with spa

Directions: Fisherman's Wharf District, entrance is on Beach Street

• gkitzmil's Profile Photo

Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf --...

Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf -- this is my most recent stay.
    $179

Unique Quality: A nice property (though you can stay right down the street at Holiday Inn for less)

More about Sheraton Fishermans Wharf Hotel

Great bed

This hotel advertises their bed as a selling point. It was very comfortable. The hotel itself was average in it's service & ammenities. It's a great location to stay if you just want to walk out of your room & be near the tourist attractions and great seafood restuarants. I would stay there again if they offered a special price. We paid $89.00 and it was worth that, but not much more.

Great location

I stayed 4 nights 5 days at the Sheraton and am undecided whether I enjoyed my stay at the hotel or not. I was there with two other guests who had no complaints, but I am a bit more selective.The reason we choose the Sheraton was because of its location. We had considered going to a cheaper hotel, but decide to stay at a reputable chain. The hotel is located in a great spot, only a short block from the wharf. The Radisson by the way is across the street from the Sheraton, and you can get a room that has a view of the Wharf. Though, I don t think the rooms will be as nice.The room itself was adequate, with two new double beds, TV and Internet access. Though I hated the bathroom. It looked clean, didn t smell, but still it wasn t what I was expecting. The beds where brand new and very comfortable. As I mentioned earlier, you really can t get a good view of any of the local attractions from the Sheraton. If you stay on the 4th floor, and are on either the west or east end of the hotel, you  may be able to see something?If a 5-star hotel, luxurious room, and a view aren t what you re looking for, then the Sheraton is a good option. It s a short block from Pier 43 ½, the ferries, and 3 minutes away from Pier 39. The cable cars are 3 blocks away, so is Ghirardelli Square. If you are going to buy any cheesy souvenirs, buy them from the shops, which line the base of the Radisson Hotel. They are cheaper there. You can see all of the sites in 3 days, though you will have to plan your trip accordingly. It s best to take a day tour of the city. The hotels concierge has pamphlets. We went on one and loved it.Two pieces of advice, if you don t like the room you have, you can literally hit 10 hotels within a 4-block radius of the Wharf. Second, there is a ton of homeless people at the Wharf. For the most part they are nice and harmless. Though, there are a couple of troublemakers. Its best to just ignore them, and don t stop for anything if they persist.

Smelt like sewerage - sounded like buses

Stayed here way back in October 02 but have only discovered tripadviser and felt I needed to share our horrible experience in the Hotel. We have been to US number of times and picked the Sheraton because we have always thought they were good hotels. Were we dissapointed. We had been to San Francisco twice before but had always stayed at Union Square and thought it was about time to check out Fishermans Wharf. When we arrived they told us we had a room with 2 double beds even though we have specifically booked 1 king - we could get over this, but when taking the long trek to our room the whole hotel smelt really bad (we later found out the area has a sewerage problem). We opened our window to air the room but found we were directly opposite a bus depot and a bus stop was directly under our window. We enjoyed a walk around Fishermans Wharf and dinner that evening and then a completely sleepless night listening to bus tires being changes and buses being revved up. We left the next morning (even though we had paid for 3 nights) and returned to the Handlerey at Union Square. Do yourself a favour and stay at the Handlerey and get the cable to Fishermans Wharf (Oh and take a gas mask!).

The pits

by TripAdvisor Member bax52

Stayed here in March 2004 and it was very poor. Cant believe its a Sheraton Hotel.

Dingy, smelly and noisy with wafer thin walls. We had a supposedly better, Club Room with an ala carte breakfast buffet - in the corridor !!

Location is very poor. Unless you like cheesy teeshirt shops. The hotel looked really dingy in the daylight. Avoid.

regarding sheraton fishermans wharf

by shirleylangley

Was wondering do all rooms have a minifridge or can you request one if not. Also if I book a king bed , I definetly want a king bed . Some reviews have said they requested a king a got a double. Want to know if their is a price inclusive with breakfast

Re: regarding sheraton fishermans wharf

by mccalpin

I would highly recommend that you read http://www.sheratonatthewharf.com/FAQ

Answers: (1) minifridge, yes for $20+tax a day, (2) king bed - ask the hotel, (3) breakfast - all breakfast options are extra, although most hotels offer deals (for a higher price) that include "free" breakfast.

Then, if you have any questions, contact the hotel and get the answers in writing:
"For general Hotel information and special requests, please contact
(415) 362-5500 or sheratonsf@ihrco.com"

Contacting the hotel would be the best thing...

Bill