The Good Hotel San Francisco

2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

112 Seventh Street, (formerly Hotel Britton), San Francisco, California, 94103, United States

The Good Hotel
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 99% more than similarly rated 2.5 star hotels

• julia687's Profile Photo

Nice hotel

This is a nice hotel, rooms were nice, cool, comfortable and clean. The area is not great and we got hassled by quite a few people. I would not recommend this hotel because of its location to single travellers as its just not safe to wonder round on your own at night.

• SF_Grrl's Profile Photo

Nice price from hotwire

I got this hotel several times just by sheer luck I guess, off hotwire.com for about $45 a night!!!! This was in the "off season" for tourism however.

The rooms are rather chamingly decorated and very welcoming. A bit small but SF hotel rooms seem to be small frequently.
    I liked the pizza joint by the lobby and they had free beer and wine from 5p-7p which made it even a greater deal. A beer at a Holiday Inn is about $5.00 (rip off)

The neighborhood is near the civic center; a little dodgy with lots of panhandling. Don't go for a midnight stroll around here. There are plenty of taxi's available.

Unique Quality: Charming rooms, great pizza cafe in lobby with free beer and wine in the evenings.
    Very friendly staff, is adjacent to a Best Western. no breakfast but a short walk to a bagel and coffee shop with very good bagels.

Directions: Civic Center near Mission st.

• YurisK's Profile Photo

I was lived in a hotel...

I was lived in a hotel BRITTON. But I really don't like that place. Don't follow my choice if you are from Europe.

More about The Good Hotel San Francisco

Good Hotel in Chinle, Arizona

by Basaic about Best Western Chinle

The first thing that struck me about the hotel was the staff. They were adequately friendly and efficient. The next thing I noticed was the interesting southwest touches to the decor. My room was actually kind of pretty. My friend Brian and I had a great nights sleep. There is even a great restaurant colocated with the hotel. See my tip for the Junction Restaurant. Price was okay with my military discount. Heated indoor pool, free Internet.

Good Hotel, Great People 1000 Palms

by Basaic about Red Roof Inn - Palm Springs/Thousand Palms

My visit here did not start off well. I had an incident involving a partly washed out road and my car. It resulted in two bent rims, so I was dropped off at the Red Roof Inn with my suitcase by the tow truck. Needless to say I wasn't in the best of moods. My mood did not improve when I learned it would be three days to get the parts and get my car fixed. However, the people at the Red Roof Inn (especially Tiffany and Geneva) did a great job making me feel welcome. They made a bad situation much better. This hotel features free cable TV, wireless Internet (not free), a great outdoor pool, coin laundry, a continental breakfast, and restaurants nearby (McDonald's, a truck stop, Denny's and a Mexican place within walking distance).

Good Hotel in Brownwood, Texas

by Basaic about Days Inn - Brownwood

I was satisfied enough with my first stay that I returned. The facilities were nice and clean. I liked the microfridge. The pool was great. Another reason for my returning was Tamika who worked the front desk. Friendly, professional and quite attractive. Brownwood Days Inn is less than a mile from the Brown County Museum of History and Brownwood Arena. Guestrooms include complimentary wireless Internet access and local calls, refrigerators, and coffee makers. The hotel also has a really nice outdoor pool. A tasty complimentary Continental breakfast is served daily. Nearby restaurants: Rosa's Restaurant Schlotzsky's Deli Iron Horse Grill

Good Hotel, Bad Service in Rayne Louisiana

by Basaic about Days Inn - Rayne

The facilities were pretty decent; but the night clerk was more interested in talking with friends than serving customers. I'd give the hotel another try.

Free High Speed Wireless Internet Access; Microwave; Refrigerator; 25 inch TV with more than 40 channels including HBO, CNN, ESPN, Discovery and more; Clock Radio; Data ports; Hair dryer. - Free High Speed Internet Access
- Interior Corridor
- Large Rooms and Jacuzzi Suites
- Free Daybreak Lite Breakfast
- FREE Local & Long distance Calls
- Free Fax Service
- Free USA Today Newspaper Daily
- Outdoor Pool
- Coffee available in the lobby 24/7
- Within Walking distance to Chef Roy's Frog City Cafe and Lounge Famous Restaurant
- Casinos are also within walking distance
- Pets are allowed with a required Deposit
- Convenient location with easy access to I-10
- Ample BUS, TRUCK and Trailer Parking

Good Hotel, Great People in Thousand Palms, CA

by Basaic about Red Roof Inn Palm Springs/Thousand Palms

hotel britton

by Nicola_Sydney

Hi there,
Just checking out the 'hotel britton' if anyone has stayed there. I know its quite basic which is fine, Im just worried about the area...I think its just south of Market ST. Are there trams nearby? And what time do the trams stop runnig? Thanks!! :-)

RE: hotel britton

by guell

Recently, I had to pass by the Britton on my way to jury duty. It looks ok enough. It’s right across from the very beautiful, but off-limits San Francisco Federal Courthouse.

The area has a high concentration of transients, with the highest concentration one block away on Market and 7th near the check cashing office. It’s safe enough in the day, and even at night if you’re careful. If you can put up with this area of San Francisco you’ll do fine everywhere else in the city! You will inevitably have to cross this area to get to the BART and MUNI stations and pretty much everywhere else.

For info on BART and MUNI look at their websites: www.BART.org and www.sfmuni.com.

RE: hotel britton

by Girlbybay

I live here and it's not an area I like to walk around - lots of homeless and druggies/drunks. You might try the Edward II B&B - I'm not sure if it's in your price range (rooms without a private bath are cheaper, and the price includes breakfast), but it's a much nice neighborhood nears lots of shops, restaurants and bars on Union St. and Chestnut St. - two great and safe neighborhoods. Market St. is generally pretty gross and not the nicest part of the city. Also, loads of muni buses going all over the city.

Comments