Verona

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 61% less but rated 54% lower than other 2 star hotels

More about San Francisco

Chicken CurryChicken Curry

The Golden Gate Bridge away in the distanceThe Golden Gate Bridge away in the distance

An Inside Part of the TourAn Inside Part of the Tour

Potrero Hill StreetPotrero Hill Street

Looking for music clubs in San Francisco !!!

Hi Guys,
My wife and myself will be in San Francisco in November. We are looking for music clubs where we can listen to some good pop or rock or country or jazz and also have dinner and drinks. Something like the B B King Blues in Manhattan.
Can anyone recommend a place or two.
Cheers Guys,

by xymmot

There was Jazz at Pearls but I hear that they might have closed or she sold out on Columbus Ave., but there are several clubs on Geary Street that have live music that was excellent. It is next to Hotel Monaco, in fact they have the Grand Cafe there and a great restaurant. The venues are next door or across the street from Hotel Monaco on the same side of the street, but I forgot he names, but you will hear the music coming out the doors when you walk the two blocks. Across te street I believe is the Redwood Lounge in another bouqtue Hotel that is interesting, but pricy. If anything, walk in there and check out the Huge chairs and he human portraits in the bar, plus the redwood bar, huge!!! Good Luck and enjoy SF...It is my favorite city in USA Cheers Tommy x

by xymmot

by carlos501b

Thanks very much, Pedmar, much obliged.

Cheers,

by carlos501b

Thanks, Xymmot, very useful information indeed.

Cheers,

Travel Tips for San Francisco

SF to Sacramento by way of Sonoma Valley

by seagypsy

I don't think you need to go as far north as Menedocino.
I recommend going up along the coast as far as Jenner and head back in land to the town of Guerneville in Sonoma which is one of the major wine regions in California.
You could go across the Golden Gate Bridge, and head to the Marin Headlands (beautiful views back across to SF) but you'll have to keep a good eye out for the turnoff right after you clear the north end of the Golden Gate Bridge. Lots of places to visit such as the Lighthouse or the beach or the Mammal Rescue Center.
Then you could visit the touristy town of Sausalito or as above, Tiburon where you can also catch a ferry across to Angel Island.
Or after Sausalito, follow the scenic Highway 1 to Muir Woods for a hike among the redwoods before continuing on coastal route Highway 1 to Tomales Bay, Bodega Bay, and then Jenner where the Russian River Valley enters the Pacific Ocean. There are quite a number of wineries in Sonoma to visit and you could probably spend a night here. HOwever, this would be more than 3 hours of driving per day but would make for a highly scenic 2 day trip.

First glimp of the Golden Gate Bridge

by filipdebont

So arrived in San Francisco after a quiet flight with United Airlines.

I rented a car at the airport at the Alamo office.

And then on the road, wow exciting, for the first time in the big America.

A dream became reality . . . here I was driving on a highway in this big, big country.

As I came closer towards the city of San Francisco, I suddenly noticed the famous Golden Gate Bridge on my left side.

I immediately pulled over, parked my car, and time for a photo shoot (many more would follow during that trip)

Ach there it was the big Golden Gate Bridge, partially covered by fog, but that did not matter. I was really thrilled. My first view on the Golden Gate Bridge

Most curvy street in the US

by Nexus7

This isn't a must see but it's a neat thing to see and the are surrounding the street is quite scenic and indicative of the oppulence that exists here and what domiciles they build Jumping the hills in my friends beat up van like in the movie Bullit.

WALK! This is the main reason...

by ycwong

WALK! This is the main reason why my hubby and I enjoyed our visit to San Francisco so much! The city was compact enough for us to exercise our leg-power or use the efficient transport system (trams and cable cars got us to most places of interest! The nice weather of the early Summer...we were blessed with clear blue sky everyday of the trip and the refreshing cool breeze in the mornings and evening...and low humidity (you'd know what I mean if you've been to Singapore) although we had to slather ourselves with moisturising creams to prevent ourselves from cracking up!

visit different...

by miaou

visit different neighborhoods!! It's nice to visit Fisherman's Wharf and Lombard Street because they are highlights for tourists but to taste San Francisco at its entirety, head over to each neighborhood: SOMA, Mission, Castro, Marina, etc. (See below for descriptions) They truly are distinctive from one to another.

ENJOY SAN FRANCISCO!

Click here for a comic look at San Francisco's neighborhoods. It's so funny...and true! San Francisco used to be my hometown (still my home in my heart.) I loved living there. I definitely miss the roaming hills, the Victorian houses, the cable cars, the multicultural residents, the laid-back attitude... the list is long.

Comments