845 Bush Street, San Francisco, California, 94108, United States

• Snobby White Swan Inn

I'm sorry I would NOT recommend this
    Four Sisters Inn because of the visiting
    Operations Manager's rudeness. She
    approached my family and I and said we
    were not welcome at the afternoon tea when
    I was a registered guest and had offered to
    pay for my sister and her two small boys. She
    was so confrontative and ugly it embarrassed
    us so.
    The aura is snobbish although the workers
    in the kitchen and the maids excelled and we
    left them both extra tips!

Unique Quality: Rooms and bath very small. Elevator
    not always working. Maids and kitchen
    help friendly - Management not so. Tried
    to charge us incorrectly at checkout over
    confirmed rate.

Directions: Bordering Union Square but before Nob Hill.
    Hefty walk up hills

• Jttops's Profile Photo

Good First Visit Spot

For our first trip to this great town we ended up at the White Swan and had a very nice stay. The room was homey and the furniture reminded me of my grandmother's house, right down to the white cotton bedspread. Bush Street in the blocks right around the hotel are not the prettiest part of town, but the location is very walkable to great parts of the city.

Unique Quality: The breakfast area was quiet and inviting. We enjoyed our time there.

• White Sawn ...

White Sawn

a nice quiet location
    $180.00-$275 (city prices)

Unique Quality: It's like staying at your well attended grandmother's house with large rooms,books on the shelves, and a fireplace. Full homemade family style breakfast

Directions: Located near union Square/nob hill at:

845 Bush St
    415-775-1755

www.foursisters.com

More about White Swan Inn

What a Lovely Surprise

by TripAdvisor Member conlangirl

We recently stayed at the White Swan Inn at the start of a two week vacation for two nights. We loved it! What a great start to our vacation. The room, the staff, the breakfast and all of the hospitality was first rate. If San Francisco didn't have so many sights to lure you out of your room, we would never have left it. When we come back to San Francisco, the White Swan Inn will be first on our list.

A Birthday to remember

It was my mother's 60th and she had always wanted to see the Golden Gate Bridge...... The White Swan Inn pampered us! From the wonderful breakfast in the morning (have the quiche) to the hot tea and wine in the afternoon, we were thrilled. They had balloons, chocolates and champagne waiting. Our room was cozy. The whole Inn was quaint and charming. It had a warmth to it that extended thoughout. Andy, Nevin and Nadia were extremely helpful with directions and reservations. It was a fabulous time and many fond memories. We will go back!

Pleasant Stay

We recently spent a couple nights at the White Swan Inn and could not be more happy with our choice. The rooms were spacious, unique and quaint, with all the needs covered. The morning breakfast was fabulous - we'd come back for the breakfast alone! The wine and cheese spread could use a little upscaling - the wine was lacking given our proximity to the Napa and Sonoma Valleys and more time and thought could have been spent on the food. We loved that it felt more like a bed and breakfast than a typical hotel. All in all this hotel will not disappoint!

Great place to stay if you are alone in SF!

So cozy and comfortable, it was a real delight to stay at White Swan Inn. I was unable to get a room for a business trip at the larger hotels and happy to read all about White Swan in Trip Advisor. This lovely Inn was everything reviewers claimed! My business friends did stay at the Hotel Monaco and their room was pricey, smaller, cold, too bold stripes and patterns for me! I was on a hectic schedule and quite delighted to be surrounded by such comfort and cozziness in my (very large) room. San Francisco boasts many hotels with a big price that I wondered how White Swan had so many amenities at a fair price (great location, wonderful full breakfast, courteous attention, clean cozy, comfortable bed and linens). Thank you, White Swan, I enjoyed my 2 nights and plan to return. It reminded me of a quaint Euro hotel with all the comfortable trimmings.

Great experience

by TripAdvisor Member landylady

We only had one night in our fabulous find but enjoyed it none the less. We arrived too late to partake in the evening wine/cheese but enjoyed our breakfast. The cozy comfort of the ground floor will definitely require a return trip! We did not want to leave! Dinner recommendation at L'Ottavo was excellent (close walking distance.) Only negative is the $30/day valet parking fee (provided by an offsite service) but it is understandable since the neighborhood is not geared toward parking for private vehicles. Room was very comfortable although bathroom was quite narrow. Elevator takes patience but stairs are easily traversed so no problem there. Street noise was no problem at this time of year but could be during summer months when windows are open. Overall, it was a great experience and we will definitely return.

Good Spot

by TripAdvisor Member littleseahorse

We stayed here on the last 2 nights of our honeymoon in Dec. We found the staff helpful and the rooms good-sized. No complaints on our 3rd floor room facing away from the street. Books in the room were neat--we liked the fireplace, too. Our favorite spot was in the sitting area downstairs where the breakfast and wine/cheese was served. We sat down there for at least an hour each evening relaxing in front of the fire. You can get to Fisherman's Wharf or Chinatown for <$10 via taxi and to the airport for $35 via taxi (or $15 pp for shuttle). It's about 10 blocks to get to anything touristy. We had no complaints about the room but were a bit surprised by the bathroom. I'm not sure if most hotels in SF are like this, but the bathroom was SMALL with only a shower (it seemed the shower was maybe as old as the hotel). I'd recommend this hotel with the above considerations, though I think we'll stay near Fisherman's Wharf if we return.

Comments