More on the San Gabriel Mission
"Small details at the mission"
This picture was taken at the cemetery outside the mission. There are two cemeteries here. One is inside the Mission and the other is outside.
These are the original doors of the Mission. The smaller doors were the ones mainly used.
This is the front of the church.
This is the back of the church and where the choir stood. The choir loft and its support beams are original and for a long time, the only way to get up there was from the outside stairway.In 1908 the inside stairs were constructed.