Sleep Inn Silicon Valley

More about San Jose

Mission Santa ClaraMission Santa Clara

Farmers marketFarmers market

Standing Roller CoasterStanding Roller Coaster

Downtown palm treesDowntown palm trees

I got a question and I need help :)

by ShawnC222

Hello I’m Shawn and I’m traveling to San Jose in September, My questions is has any one been or herd good things about La Tortuga Feliz it’s a volunteer organization on turtle conservation. And I need help getting from San Jose to Matina/Bataan on September 14. Any suggestion on how to do that will be much help. I got direction on how to get there but I get lost in my own closet and would like to hear from ppl that are there.

RE: I got a question and I need help :)

by Jokerit_pl

Hi Shawn,

You have the wrong San Jose location for this question. This is the San Jose, California message forum. You may want to post this question in the San Jose, Costa Rica forum.

ahh, someone who feels my worries

by sunsetsarsh

Hi Shawn, I'm Sarsh and if you are going to La Tortuga Feliz I am sure that we will be catching up soon. It's quite funny because I was actually looking to find better directions on how to get to Matina/Bataan, like you, I get lost in my own closet and there is no way in hell that I am going to find my way if I can't even find my way around my own home town, but that's the fun of it hey. Anyway what I am trying to say is that I leave for Costa Rica on the 4th of August and have given myself 3 days to find my new home, I arrive on Monday the 7th, and I will be more than happy to tell you how I got there... that's if I do get there, haha! Wish me luck and I will see you soon
Sasha

Travel Tips for San Jose

Century Dome Theaters

by Shaft28

One thing I try to do when I go back to my hometown is catch a movie. Honestly there is no place on the planet that has better movie theatres (ok LA or NY may be...) but in San Jose they have dome theaters. Stadium seatind, a screen ywice as large as anything you've seen before, digital sound and just an amazing experience.
I took it for granted while I was there as Oregon is a vast wasteland of small screens and crappy sound. Best theaters here are average in San Jose (and that is the Century movie house here!). Saw all the Star Wars films here first, ET, and all the blockbusters. Go to Century 21 or 22 on Winchester Road. The best!

Almaden Lake Park

by Karnubawax

Almaden Lake Park is an oasis in the scorched hills of south San Jose. The main attraction is, of course, the lake, which has a sand beach and swimming area. In this dry, sunburnt area, a place to swim and picnic is a hot commodity. We were there on a Monday at about noon-ish and the place was all but deserted, but it apparently is totally mobbed on weekends. You can also fish, rent paddle boats, go for a jog on the 3.9 mile trail, or let the kids attack the jungle gym while you sit in the shade.

The website suggests that you get there early on the weekends to get a parking spot. Parking costs $6 and is charged from April to September. There is a snack bar and a rental concession. You can't swim on Monday or Tuesday (no lifeguards). You can bring your own boat, as long as it's not over 16' or motorized.

Open at 8 am and closes 1 hour after sunset.

The park is on Almaden Expressway about a mile south of Hwy 85.

San Jose Museum of...

by rmiya84778

San Jose Museum of Art-Admisson now is free efective year 2001. Iv'e never been inside, but must be interesting if ART is what you like seeing.
Also inside is cafe and souvenir shop. Located right next to Cesar Chavez Park and major hotel, the Fairmont.

Unfortunately, San Jose does...

by alohabrendon

Unfortunately, San Jose does not seem to have much of a night life. I found a few bars, nothing special. But......if you're in town during hockey season and the San Jose Sharks are playing, check it out!! Ice hockey is very intense sport and everybody seems to enjoy themselves.
If you're not a hockey fan, you can drive an hour to San Francisco and find any number of things to do.

Don't miss this!!

by warzx about Scotts Seafood

Good food, good people....expect a wait time if u go during dinner hours. Wait at the bar with drinks and sour dough... =) Good ambience. Nice scenary. Close to Convention Centre light rail. Opposite kids discovery center. I love the salmon and the dessert.

Comments