Apple Farm

Apple Farm Inn
Apple Farm Inn Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 58% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Apple Farm

loved the apple farm inn

by TripAdvisor Member jeanburkeHull

we stayed here for one night -- we had 4 rooms and all of us enjoyed our stay. the food in the restaurant was fabulous. (breakfast and dinner). hope we can stay again some time in the future.

Disappointing stay at the Apple Farm Inn

by TripAdvisor Member LJN_7

We just spent the weekend at the Apple Farm Inn, in the trellis court section. We arrived at 2:30 pm and were told that we could not have our room until 4pm. We were not told about the guest reception which was taking place that afternoon, so we drove around until we could finally check in. The check-in desk staff could have been much more welcoming, but they seemed stressed. The room was quaint, with a canopy bed, but extremely small, no coffee maker, no HBO, one robe (they advertise on their web-site that they give a gift basket as well, but all we received were some coupons). We did have a small outdoor hot tub, not very private though, the parking lot was visable through the fence. We waited over an hour and 45 minutes to get seated for a very mediocre dinner. We were placed at a booth and were told that the 6 of us had to squish in because that is all they had (no table for 6?). They had run out of the pot roast, our wait for our food was nearly an hour as well. We were repeatedly told, "just a few minutes more, we are setting your table" as we inquired about the wait. We should have walked down the street to another restaurant! All during our stay, the staff seemed rushed. We felt that the room rate was very high for the quality. We have stayed at many hotels in the area and they offer much better prices and service.

Consistent Home Run!!!!!!!!!!!

Second time staying at the Apple Farm, and we will be regulars. Definitely the best place to stay in town. The staff are excellent and very helpful. The ammenities are fantastic, the refreshments, home made cookies and apple cider are great in the evening. Games in the lobby and the jewel of the property is their restaurant. Even if you don't stay here, you have to stop in for some excellent food. It's just like sitting at Mom's kitchen for some good cooking. Highly reccommended. The rooms are a good size, always very clean with excellent ammenities such as sparkling apple cider, fireplace, and sitting area located near the bay window. It's a must stay. The Maddonna Inn is overrated, while the Apple Farm is a place that you can relax with your special someone or enjoy some time with the family.

My honeymoon spot was great

I thought this was a great B&B
To copy a previous letter. It had a great bathroom and set of robes and the fireplace was gas but nevertheless romantic.
The staff was great and I also enjoyed the fresh baked cookies and the hot cofee and/or tea they lay out in the evening.
I am checking rates today because we are staying there for our 1st Anniversary.

Very Pleasant Stay at the Apple Farm

by TripAdvisor Member mle94403

The Apple Farm is a delightful cozy little place to stay. I actually stayed at the Apple Farm Trellis, which is a motel next to the Apple Tree Inn. The rooms at the Trellis are small but very charming. The bathroom was small with only a shower, but I have to say that the water pressure is excellent! The complimentary soaps are also delightful as are the fresh little flowers in the vase.

The Inn itself is very charming from what I could see ,and I will book earlier to get a room at the inn next time I visit SLO (I booked last minute due to a last minute decision to make the trip on a holiday weekend). The hot coffee, cider, and teas are a treat. Check in early enough and enjoy the afternoon tea reception and don't miss the homemade cookies in the evening. The restaurant serves a good breakfast/brunch. I would recommend it to the breakfast lovers out there. The flowers around the property were also a delight as was the gift shop.

Very nice, but men beware...

by TripAdvisor Member talldude

Very nice, very clean, very friendly, very helpful, very close to highways 1 and 101. But men beware: this place is super frilly!! Even my girlfriend thought so! Floral stuff everywhere!

Our room was great, you should ask for it specifically. I believe it was room #100. It was on the lower level, shaped like a hexagon, with a huge bath tub and separate shower. Best thing about this room, however, was that we had private, after hours access to the pool. This is the only room that offered this. I don't remember seeing a refrigerator or honor bar, but maybe I didn't need one that night!

My one complaint - the internet access was not very easy to work with. We ended up spending $5 on a measly 30 minutes of access via WebTV, which was not very convenient.

Breakfast in the restaurant was pretty good. They give you a voucher for a $2.50 discount per person to encourage you to eat there.

A warning about San Luis Obispo: things seem to shut down pretty early there. We wanted to get dinner at 8:30 or so and were told our options might be limited. That was a Tuesday night.

Shabby, but once great

by TripAdvisor Member chrismch

Stayed here in the past and referred others, but never again! It's past it's prime! We stayed there last week at the Trellis Ct part of the Inn and what a mistake! The freeway noise was extremely loud even with dbl pane windows, the bed was hard as a rock and the "dresser" consisted of night stand size drawers. I guess they don't expect you to stay there more than 1 night. It was also extremely small - like the inside staterooms of cruise ships. And there was only one bar of soap so we kept moving it from sink to shower. Also, the hot tub by the pool had 1/2 of the jets inopeable and the gate to the pool area almost had to be "jimmied" to get access. We had a late lunch at restaurant when it was quiet and got service that made mistakes on our order. We also heard other guests complain to the front desk about the rates, which they double on the night of the city's farmers market anytime they have it. Not a pleasant getaway - stay elsewhere!

Wonderful Experience

This hotel far exceeded my expectations, and provided one of the nicest lodging experiences I can remember. The grounds are spectacular, the rooms were large and clean, beautifully appointed, and quiet. We even had a fireplace. My wife liked the Apple farm so much that she was ready to scrap the rest of the vacation and stay here instead.

On the night we arrived, we attended a courtesy reception with refreshments. The hotel desk area always includes such added touches as coffee, hot cider, and cookies. Sparkling cider and chocolates are also provided in the rooms. The hallways have many little decorative touches, and display many of the items available in the gift shops. During our stay the lavish Christmas decorations were just being erected, which provided yet another treat.

I highly recommend the restaurant and the baked goods - a discount coupon is provided for each night's stay.

We stayed in the Inn, but spoke with several people who stayed in the adjoining building and they also enjoyed the accomodations.

I travel a lot, and this is only the second hotel I have ever stayed at that sent a thank you card - nice touch. I had no complaints and will stay here anytime I am in the SLO area.

Apple Farm Trellis Court offers Great Value

by TripAdvisor Member lolatcg

I stayed at the Apple Farm Trellis Court motel in October, and I was unendingly impressed with the property, especially considering the price. For less than the cost of many motels, you have access to the benefits of the inn (including fresh baked cookies!) and a very nice room. It was a bit too floral for my tastes, but I can't complain because it was very clean and there were great extras like candies on the pillow. It was a small room, but had a good layout. The staff were phenomenal. I would highly recommend this property.

Comments