La Cuesta Inn San Luis Obispo

La Cuesta Inn
Travelocity Expedia.com Orbitz.com

More about San Luis Obispo

NOTHING BUT THE TRUTHNOTHING BUT THE TRUTH

SAUCELITO CANYON TASTING ROOM IN EDNA VALLEYSAUCELITO CANYON TASTING ROOM IN EDNA VALLEY

STAINLESS STEEL TANK ROOMSTAINLESS STEEL TANK ROOM

HEY GRAPE VINE, KEEP YOUR DISTANCEHEY GRAPE VINE, KEEP YOUR DISTANCE

cheapest time of the year

by shedreamer

I'm planning to travel from orlando to san luis obispo some time in the next few months. I'd like to know the cheapest time of year for flights, lodging and/or car rental to San Luis.

Thanks much.

Re: cheapest time of the year

by Shaft28

You got me on flights, but I'm guessing summer is the best time to go to San Luis.
It is a great town, and heavily influenced by the college there. Summer months mean no parents visiting - my guess you could get a great deal right now.
Try Thrift car rental - rates get down to $15-19 bucks a day for a car if you don't care what you drive. Might even want to drive down from San Jose Airport - only 3 hours or so.
Have fun, SLO is a great town. Make sure to try some of their SLO microbrew beer.

Re: Re: cheapest time of the year

by shedreamer

Thanks for the input. This confirms my idea of traveling in Sept/Oct.

Re: cheapest time of the year

by Gregorythomas

I found your request when I was looking for information about SLO. My wife & I are considering a move and SLO is on our short list...although we have yet to travel there as we live in Nebraska. We would be grateful to hear of your thoughts about life in SLO. We are in our 40's & tire of the winters here. Thanks.

Re: Re: cheapest time of the year

by Gregorythomas

G I just read your comments about staying in San Luis Obispo and wondered if you would comment on the city? My wife & I have it on our short list of relocation sites. We lived in Sacramento throughout the 80's, but have been in the midwest ever since. I know the housing costs more, but wonder if that's not offset by the climate, recreation, education & community?Thanks G

Travel Tips for San Luis Obispo

Budweiser - King of all Beers?

by Jerelis

Let’s make no secret of it. We both like a nice cold glass of beer. Being abroad is always a challenge to find a beer we like, which reflects our taste of having a beer. In America it wasn’t really that hard to find the brand we liked, it was clearly Budweiser, popularly referred to as Bud.

Budweiser is a lager made with a proportion of rice as a substitute adjunct for barley malt. This immedaitely shows the problem for selling it in Europe as traditional brewers serve beer with only the four main ingredients (water, hops, wheat and barley). So Budweiser is not produced accoring to the German "Reinheitsgebot". But we found out that it didn’t taste distinctively different.

The Budweiser bottle is a rather familiar icon to most Americans. The bottle has remained relatively unchanged since its introduction in 1876. We liked it, but the fraze “King of all Beers” is a bid of an overstatement!

San Luis Obispo Botanical Gardens

by tvdandy

Located in El Chorro Regional Park off of Highway 1 between San Luis Obispo and Morro Bay, The Botanical Gardens is a nice place to take a stroll and check out some wonderful and rare plant and flower life. Best of all it is free. It is fairly small but growing and will take 2 hours tops. Nice place to use your macro lens so you can get those nice close-up photo ops.

tourist free and beautiful!

by peewee12tree

take the 101 to los osos [get off on los osos valley road], follow los osos valley road past los osos and into montana de oro. keep driving and you will come across a eucalyptus forest. keep an eye out on the right hand side. you will pass a few signs that say "no dogs" and go up a big hill. on the right there will be a large dirt parking lot and a sign and a port-a-loo. park and walk towards the sign and down the path. keep walking down the path and you will find a beautiful place perfect for rock-pooling and fishing. there are lots of amazing sea creatures to be seen such as starfish, rockcod, crabs and many others!

be sure and make sure its a low tide or else you will not get to see much. :[

Expensive Italian

by malinaberg about Grappolos

Oh yes, at Grappolos you will get the standard great Italian food, albeit at high cost. If you know anyone in the waiting-business, take him/her with you on mondays and get 50% off. Last monday I was there, the four of us paid about $50 for main course, wine and 1 dessert (nope, not cheap just full ;).

The best thing about this place, however, is the great jazz-band that plays in the pub at 9-11.30pm on thursdays. Felix Meneau, the pianist, makes my head spin. And Im not even particularly into jazz!

moroccan food

by MStars about Oasis

This place has geat ambience. . . the ceiling is completely draped, lots of tapestries and pillows. There are even belly dancers that perform until 9 o' clock. There was this appetizer sampler that was very good. . .

They have a light dinner section and a dinner special section. . .

They even serve imported moroccan beer.

Comments