2001 Monterey Street, San Luis Obispo, California, 93401, United States

Booking.com

• crazypaws's Profile Photo

Very good find!

The Peach Tree Inn was one of the best hotels we stayed at during our trip. The room was spacious, the bathroom was on the small side. That didn’t bother us, the shower was good and that’s all we need. The hostess was genuinely interested in where we were from and what we had planned to see while in CA. Breakfast is included in the rate, and contained breads, fresh fruit and cereal. For $79 for 2 queen beds, this hotel was a good find!

More about Peach Tree Inn

A quaint roadside Motel.....

by TripAdvisor Member danny888

Some of the reviews go beyond reason. This is an older roadside motel period. Whoever rated it with a pool must have stayed at another property. There is no pool, spa, work out room, HBO, or evening events. Front desk closes at 10 PM and clerk drives away. No automatic way to put in a wake up call after 10. I don't mind cramped rooms and just a shower stall, or the uphill walk in the moring to get a cup of coffee, but it wasn't very pleasant having a bathroom without an exhaust ventillation system. As I first said, its an older motel. Some of the 4 and 5 star reviews must be owner relatives or RV people. I save my 4 and 5 star reviews for places offering more than a bed and a shower stall. No complaint with the people working there though, everyone we met was nice.

Great Little Motel, but dirty rugs

by TripAdvisor Member Roadmama

We stayed here based on all the reviews and were generally very pleased - however, my one year old twins' legs and feet were black from the dirt on the carpet after crawling around. This is something I see a lot of in budget motels. They vacuum every day but don't do much deep cleaning of the rugs.

But, the breakfast food was great, the staff were nice, the wireless Internet worked immediately, and they helped us find some restaurants that delivered.

Over all, I'd stay here again, after my kids are walking!

not as expected

by TripAdvisor Member gillylynne

stayed at peach tree with my husband and two children (11 and 14) July 2006. booked this motel by phone having visited website and read positive reviews. originally booked room for 3 nights but on arrival and disappointment cancelled last night. too much tarmac, no pool, room clean but old fashioned and too small, bathroom clean but small with only shower cubicle. old a/c unit on window was noisy and ineffective. free breakfast is serve yourself from counter. coffee was cold, paper plates plastic knives etc and if you're not there early (before 8.30) not much is left. breakfast room had a homely feel if you like feeling you are in someone else's kitchen full of strangers. staff were pleasant but would only recommend this motel for quick stopover.

Does the Job

by TripAdvisor Member Beardtours

I used the Peach Tree as a stop over point on my way down to LA. The clean comfortable room was just the ticket after a day in the car. Great value for money and does what it says on the tin, oh and great shower. Helpful staff - was able to use office PC to get on the internet. If you need a comfortable rest point with a litle bit extra couldnt think of anywhere better in SLO.

ummmm...room lovers...its probably not for you.

by TripAdvisor Member Reviewer10

ahhhh, the Peach Tree -- I just cant make up my mind because I'm still weighing what I got for how much I paid. Its relatively inexpensive -- around $110 on a busy summer weekend, less for the winter months I'd imagine. The price and location alone in a relatively expensive hotel market (San Luis Obispo) is enough for me to give it my half-hearted blessing. The room itself was a place to sleep and shower -- thats it. If you plan on spending more than 8 hours a day (including sleeping) in your hotel room, I'd look for something a little bigger, a little nicer, and a hair more set back from busy Monterey Street. You might pay a tad more, but the Best Western down the street has treated me well the past few years, and unfortunately they were sold out this weekend. The rooms in the front of the property are directly facing Monterey Street with no barrier, and you will obviously hear the sound of cars going by at up to 40 mph. Needless to say a few hundred yards away is the freeway entrance. There are several rooms that are extremely close to the street, like 15 feet away, and I could imagine the sound of the traffic is quite bothersome if one is trying sleep past 6am. Anyhoo, ask for a room in the rear of the property and the noise issue will be a non issue. As other reviewers have said, the staff is nice, the breakfast is nice, and the rooms and showers are small. If you know that information going in, should be no problems right? The carpet is fairly stained, but I will say the bed was pretty comfortable. I probably wouldnt stay here again unless it was the only option. If you want the charm of a real Inn, try a bed and breakfast. There are plenty in SLO. This Inn is a roadside, drive up to your room motel, but it is well maintained. Most roadside motels aren't well maintained -- this one is, giving it just enough charm to make it useable (did I mention it was inexpensive???).

It's all about Nostaglia at the Peach Tree

by TripAdvisor Member Haleiwagirl

My daughter and I stayed our first visit to the Peach Tree in Sept. 2005.....The moment I walked in, I told my daughter..WOW..it looks like something Lucy, Ricky, Fred and Ethel would stay in one of their "trips"..From the style of the rooms to the blue paper towels in the dispensers to wash your car windshields outside the rooms, It has a certain charm to it. At the time we met Claire, who runs the front and she instantly was someone we would remember. The property is full of flowers and has lawns with swings that take you back to the day, also. The trolley runs right in front of the motel so you can catch it there and take it to the downtown and brings you right back.
We returned this year as we are starting a tradition of going once a year...Sandy and Hitch the owners work very hard to make it an enjoyable stay. The breakfast in the morning is ample, but if you want something more.. just walk next door to the Apple Farm Inn. NO, this is not the Ritz and I sure don't want it to sound like that..and yes, I have stayed an many 5 star hotels.....but for the price, it is a great deal. NO there is no pool and spa, but we are ususally going to wineries and shopping to use it.

It was just okay.

by TripAdvisor Member lovecalifornia

We stayed at the Peach Tree Inn for four nights, but I must admit that the room we had was too small for my family. The bathroom was not a full bathroom, but just a small shower, toilet, and sink. The room was very clean though. We did not spend much time in the room, as we went to San Luis for a wedding, but if you have a family and plan to spend time in the room, this hotel is not for you. It worked okay for our family, as we only slept in it, and for the price ($79.00/night), it worked. The hospitality was great. The staff is very friendly, and willing to go out of their way to help you enjoy your stay. The breakfast is basically a continental breakfast, but very fresh and enjoyable. All in all, if my husband and I travel up their again without our children, I would consider staying there. But if we go up there as a family, I would probably stay else where.

Nice Motel, with Friendly Staff

by TripAdvisor Member zebra_focus

When we first drove up to the Peach Tree Inn I was a little put off by the road-side motel look, however, when you get inside the property it is really peaceful. The grounds are well groomed, and offer a tree swing, and plenty of chairs to relax in outside. Included with the room is a free breakfast which includes a variety of toast, muffins, fruit, cereal, hard boiled eggs, tea, coffee, and juice. The rooms are really clean, however they are very, very, small. There were 4 of us in the room which made it tight, and a little bit uncomfortable for my taste. The bathroom is pretty spacious, but the shower is very, very small, and does not have a bathtub. The biggest plus, however, were the comfy beds, and fluffy pillows, downside is that they are only double beds, and are not really big enough to sleep comfortably two to a bed.

All in all I liked my stay. The room was fine for what I paid a night, and my family and I were busy with a family wedding which kept us on the move, and not in the room other than when we slept. The staff is very sweet, the owners are good Christian people, and they made us feel right at home.

if you are going to SLO as a couple that is not out to spend a load of time in the room I would suggest to stay here, but if you are looking to indulge in a nice room you will spend time in, you may want to chose another place.

Have a Blessed Visit! =)

Decent Stay

by TripAdvisor Member minigb

We stayed here over Labor day weekend. We weren't looking to spend a lot, yet wanted a decent place to stay at, clean, and preferably with breakfast included. Peach Tree Inn isn't a fancy place, but it was quiet (the rooms towards the back of the site are quieter), the grounds were peaceful, they had a swing hanging from a huge tree that the kids loved. The room was on the smaller side, but manageable. The bathroom was small too, but clean. Breakfast was a treat...included toast/cereals/milk/juices/coffee/tea/boiled eggs/muffins and fresh fruit. We'd fill up every morning and were good to go for a few hrs. The staff was friendly. They had videos you could bring to your room to watch. So, it isn't fancy, if you are looking for a nicer, romantic getaway with all the frills, this isn't the best place for you, but it is clean, comfortable, has good service, relatively inexpensive and has good breakfast.

Comments