San Luis Creek Lodge San Luis Obispo

1941 Monterey St, San Luis Obispo, California, 93401, United States
San Luis Creek Lodge
Booking.com Priceline.com Expedia.com

More about San Luis Creek Lodge San Luis Obispo

A Special Find...San Luis Creek Lodge!!!

I recently stayed at one of the newest hotel properties in San Luis Obispo, California called The San Luis Creek Lodge. It was such an enjoyable experience!
We were welcomed by friendly, efficient, and knowlegable staff who assisted us in many aspects of our trip. They suggested special places to dine and see that not every travelor might find on their own!So many hotels have forgotten to train their staff in the lost art of customer service...not here, the staff genuinely cares about making your stay as comfortable as possible.
Our room was beautiful. We stayed in the first of three buildings called the Londonderry. There was such a flavor of England with the Tudor style architecture, the tapestries on the walls, over-stuffed chairs with foot stools, by the fire, and even the faucet handles in the bathroom turned the opposite way just like in England.
Breakfast was served in the first building called the GateHouse. There was Starbucks coffee, fresh yummy quiche, a banana coffee cake that was so moist we had to go back for more, juices, breads, oatmeal with brown sugar & raisens, yogurt, hard cooked eggs, etc.
San Luis Obispo is such a nice town to visit and now even better with such a fine lodging establishment to spent a night or several weeks!

We Just Love It!

by TripAdvisor Member Dizzyland

We stayed at San Luis Creek lodge on June 26. Easy to find and great location on Monterey Street. Near Apple Farm Inn. Easy access to downtown SLO and Highway 101.
A real pleasant surprise to discover this lodge was so beautifully done. The owner took great care for details. Reminded me of a B&B in Kilarney,Ireland. There are three buildings on the property and all three has their own theme. Our's was the Carpenter.
The room is large with amble space to spread out our belongings. Tasteful decor with large Sony television and dvd player. Dvds are available for free at the desk. Two queen size beds were very comfortable with beautiful spread and cover. Bathroom were clean and spacious. Just a perfect place to relax and enjoy SLO.
Breakfast is included like the B&B in Europe. Many sorts of juices, coffee, tea, cereal, pastries, fruits, but had no eggs.
House staff Marci, owner Patti and desk clerk Kyle were very warm and service oriented. Made every attempt to please and make our stay as pleasant as possible. We just love this place and will return whenever space is available.
We had stayed at Apple Farm Inn many times and it has change to the worst. Never will we stay there again after experiencing San Luis Creek Lodge.
You will not regret it.

Cute Place

My sister and I just spent the weekend in San Luis Obispo visiting family. We tried a new place in the hotel section near downtown and found it to be quite delightful. On the plus side: spacious rooms that feel more like a custom home than a hotel room, nice staff, and very clean. On the down side: although you can park close to your room, the lot is narrow so you have to be a good parker. The breakfast room is very cozy and the breakfast was definitely more than just Continental-style; they also let you take food to your room. My sister liked the large bathroom and free DVD's. They're changing their name soon to San Luis Creek Lodge so we'll definitely be back.

Exceptional

by TripAdvisor Member luv2travel1stclass

I travel a lot and wish there was a San Luis Creek Lodge in every city I visit. The rooms are large and custom decorated so it feels more like an upscale home then hotel. The bathrooms are done in amazing tile work and the faucets are top of the line with dual sinks. The beds are comfortable and the TV has a DVD player and you can check out movies at the front desk for free. The selection is very good. The rooms have free wireless connection so that is a BIG plus when I am on business. There is a nice desk area, fridge, microwave and coffee maker in the room so working in ones room is very comfortable. The breakfast just keeps getting better and the quiche is the best I have ever had and this includes France! The owner has many year of hotel experience and it shows, her hospitality is exceptional. I only stay here when in the Central Coast and that is once a month. Treat yourself.

Exceeded our expectations

by TripAdvisor Member Lucy0619

We planned a trip to do the coast of California and decided to stop at San Luis Obispo for the night. We are used to staying in great hotels since we both travel for business, but we wanted to stick to a budget (under $150 a night). We weren't sure what to expect for that price, but we decided to give San Luis Creek Lodge a try. We were very pleasantly surprised with our overall experience. The staff was friendly and welcoming, taking the time to ensure we had everything we needed. The rooms were super clean, very comfortable, and beautifully done. We enjoyed the jacuzzi tub and the fireplace. The complimentary breakfast was so good we had seconds. We enjoyed everything about our stay and find it difficult to come up with anything negative. We never wrote a review before, but our stay was so wonderful here, it's well deserved.

Felt like home

by TripAdvisor Member JohnInLouisville

I was really looking forward to staying at San Luis Creek Lodge during our drive up the coast, and I have to say I was not disappointed. Out of the 4 places we stayed during the trip, this was my favorite. The concept of staying in different buildings, each with its own theme and feel is executed well and somehow gave the place a very homey feel.

I called ahead and asked for a Plantation room with a creek view and that’s exactly what they gave us. The room was huge, tastefully decorated, and came equipped with a big flat screen TV, a DVD player, refrigerator, and microwave. Bathroom seemed almost as big as the bedroom area with double vanity, skylight, Aveda bath products, and a nice, roomy shower stall.

The lodge offers free DVD checkout with a wide selection of titles to choose from in the lobby building. The free breakfast was very good with slow-cooked oatmeal, quiche, cereal, banana bread, etc. The breakfast area itself had a B&B atmosphere. Only faux pas that occurred during our stay was that breakfast was supposed to start at 7:00, but it was actually quite a bit later than that before all the items were ready. Staff was apologetic but we didn’t mind as we weren’t in any hurry and it afforded us an opportunity to chat.

Location of the property is decent. Long walk to downtown SLO, but would be good exercise if you’re up for it—otherwise you can drive it in less than 5 minutes. Short 5-minute drive to Cal Poly as well. Avoid the Mexican restaurant 2 blocks from the lodge—food was nothing special and they need to dispose of their garbage a little more frequently or else not store it where patrons can smell it so readily.

But the San Luis Creek Lodge will be our lodging of choice if we ever find ourselves in SLO again. I just wish there were more places like it in other cities!

Morgan's Mansions was wonderful

Morgan's Mansions was a wondeful hotel! I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights on a business trip. My room was back in the Plantation building and it was beautiful. The room was very quiet and had a lovely view of the creek. I found the hotel to be exceptionally clean and all of the staff were helpful and informative about the various activities in San Luis Obispo. They offered to make me scrambled eggs in the morning, book dinner reservations at night, and had a few coupons as well. Overall, Morgan's Mansions was an excellent hotel, and I would reccomend it to anyone I know who was visiting San Luis Obispo. I will surely be back in the future to visit!

Cute Enough, but . . .

And it's a pretty big but. First off the drawers where I attempted to put our clothing were full of trash. Second, the window blind was broken so we had to use a towel to cover the window for privacy. Third, the coffee maker dripped all over the place even after the brewing cycle was finished and there was no creamer to put in my coffee. The bathroom itself was nice enough but there weren't enough towels - adding a couple of extra bath towels and maybe a robe makes an average room feel more luxurious. The worst faux pas was yet to come though. Before we left for the day I notified the office that we needed a "privacy/maid service" card to hang on our door. When we returned to our hotel late that evening we found the room had not been cleaned. Why? Because someone hung the privacy card on our door sometime during the day so they never bothered to clean the room. Lastly, the free continental breakfast (whatever that means) was average at best. The tables were dirty and the food was not entirely recognizable - there was some kind of goopy slop in a crock pot that may have been oatmeal or some other hot cereal. This place has some irritating problems that need fixing before I'd stay here again.

Avoid at all costs

Mom's in europe so my teenage daughter and I spent a week traveling in Northen California. I made our reservation over a week in advance and after driving for 12 hours we pulled in about 7:00 p.m. only to find out that our confirmed room with two beds has been sold out from under us and they want to switch us to a king bed and a roll-away. I ask to see the room first and the room is so small that the only place the roll-away fits is in front of the TV! For this I'm supposed to pay $200? We left without checking in and found a room elsewhere.

Comments