ESA San Ramon-Bishop Ranch

Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - East
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Ext. Stay America

Satisfaction Average

Travel Tips for San Ramon

Nice area for new families

by supune

"Lived with my aunt, uncle and grandparents"

I lived with my aunt's family while going to school at Berkeley. It was a 25 mile commute but with free board and my grandmother and aunt's cooking giving me free warm meals everyday, it was an easy choice. I'll be forever grateful to my aunt and uncle for letting me stay there.

The picture is of my cousins Malsy and Bubsy. They remind me so much of the sibling rivalry my sister and I had. They are so similar to us, it's scary. They were also my best friends while I was away from home trying to learn something.

"Pacific Bell (now SBC)"

I got my first real job in San Ramon. I worked as a web developer and customer care technician in California's first cable modem trial. The company was called Pacific Bell Video Services, and they gave full premium cable service as well as video on demand and broadband internet for free to our 12 trial customers. The project was pulled after SBC bought Pacific Bell.

The streets were flooded up to the freeways when it was quitting time with Pacbell employees.

The creator of Dilbert supposedly worked in the building next to the one I worked in. It was funny how even the employees of this large company made fun of thier own "corporate" ways.

"Next to Blackhawk"

San Ramon is right next to the ultra-rich neighborhood of Black Hawk. I've seen some nice cars roll by (Ferraris, Bentlys, etc). We drove through there just to see the size of the rich people's houses. Murton Hanks, formerly of the San Fransico 49ers, almost hit my little Honda Civic with his BMW supersport one morning. And I saw Chris Mullin, of Golden State Warrior fame, in our neighborhood Blockbuster video store.

Comments