232 Natoma Ave., Santa Barbara, California, 93101, United States

Official Site Expedia.com Booking.com

• Fewf's Profile Photo

Ahh.....Vacation

We were here in January, just late enough to be off-season, so it was easy to get a room, and it was (relatively) cheap. The room itself was very fancy, with all sorts of extremely expensive furniture. I wish I'd taken a picture of the bed. There was also a large hot tub right in the room (plenty of room for two), with two wine glasses already set (though we had to go out and buy the wine ourselves). The shower had two showerheads, one on either side.

Beware the price, though. I put down what it was for us, during the off season. The price on the label inside the door was around $300/night.

Unique Quality: I think having two showerheads, one on either side, is an absolutely incredible idea for a place like this.

More about Eagle Inn

Eagle Inn soars

My wife and I recently stayed at the Eagle Inn. We loved the room. It was very romantic with a fireplace and a whirlpool tub that we could both fit into! We really had a blast. Not only was the room great, but the Eagle Inn is only a short walk to the restaurants and nightlife. Perfect.

Loved the Eagle Inn

by TripAdvisor Member KaelinCB

My husband and I spent our honeymoon in the Superior King room and loved it. It's a large room on the second floor with a small veranda overlooking Natoma Street. Everything was comfy and tasteful. The location was ideal--two short blocks from the ocean in a nice residential neighborhood near Stearns Wharf and State Street. We got a great rate by booking on their internet site, a fraction of what the other smaller hotels were charging. We thought it was an axcellent value.

Highly recommended

The Eagle Inn was a good choice for us. We had a very nice room on the second floor
with a view of the mountains. I made full use of the broadband internet access in the room, I was combining business with pleasure on this trip. They provide a very nice breakfast in the morning which was a very popular ammenity. The location of the Eagle Inn was really excellent and I know that we'll stay there again next year

Not worth it.

by TripAdvisor Member NYCookie3

The place was small, pretty but not worth the price. And it didn't come with anything, not refrigerator, not water, snacks, or a/c, yet the lobby did. We were up half the night from trucks and motor cycles. We had to keep the windows open since it was very warm. The only good things was the sheets and towels; the softest I have ever felt. Breakfast was okay. We left after one night.

Nice Bath, Shame About the A/C

by TripAdvisor Member LimeyHoya

....or lack of it.

A great little hotel, perfectly placed for the beach and downtown Santa Barbara marred by extremely high temperatures at night! The bath made up for some of this, but we'd have traded that for some comfort.

All in all a reasonable stopover, but doesn't have enough to recommend it above the average.

Nice, quiet, attractive room

by TripAdvisor Member SeattleTrvlr

This lovely building is in a quiet, residential area very near the beach. Room 103 was very clean and tastefully decorated (pine furniture; no antiques) with a small terrace and fireplace. Staff was friendly and accommodating. No pool. Decent value for Santa Barbara. Walking distance to Amtrak station.

Relaxing & peaceful

Stayed here for 1 night in December 04 during a trip down the Pacific coast highway. The place is very easy to find after leaving the highway.

The hotel offers a very relaxing and informal setting with lots of interesting architectural and decorative features which set it apart from many other places. Staff were extremely courteous and efficient for the duration of our stay.

It's also very well-situated for eating out with a number of bars and restaurants less than 5 mins walk away.

Old Santa Barbara

I stayed in one of the smallest rooms in this hotel in June of 2004 for my wife's birthday. I had a hard time finding a place to stay for the weekend in my price range in Santa Barbara on the weekend so I took the room. I was looking for something below $180.00.
It is a throwback to Santa Barbara in the 1930's and 1940's. The property is very classic as though caught in a time warp of pre-WW-II America. The small public area is something out of central casting for a film noir movie and it has a very laid back atmosphere. The room was very small but very clean. I suppose I would stay there again but I definitely would upgrade so that we would not have to sit on the bed while one of us walked out the door. Upgrading would have most likely put me above my target rate. The toilet amenities were outstanding. The staff was very nice. The location was the outstanding asset and was the reason I stayed there since it was only about two blocks from the Beach.
The only other comment I have is that properties in the same neighborhood seem to have larger rooms for about the same amount of money. They don't have the atmosphere.

Great location!

by TripAdvisor Member NYCAliH

Stayed there for business for 2 nights. Very nice staff, very clean room. I even had a small kitchen. So close to the beach for a run in the morning. Would stay there again.

Comments