Old Yacht Club Inn

Tags

Family Travel Romantic Travel and Honeymoons Wine Tasting
See Amenities

Horrible Experiene

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 15, 2011

Sad that I can't go into negatives on the stars! What a RIP OFF! The owner is horrible and a liar and a THIEF!
I also thought that I was getting a Screamin Deal when I purchased my $139.00 package. To those before me who are frustrated that they weren't able to get your reservation, BE GLAD and call Screaming Deal and GET YOUR MONEY BACK!
I checked in on Wednesday only to find that there was a charge that SHE HAD ALREADY TAKEN ON MY CREDIT CARD for $288.00! WHAT??? I already paid my $139 and now she wants to charge me again??? When I made the reservation she said that she would charge my card and then give me a credit back for the difference.
I booked my room on June 9th and on July 8th received an e-mail from the so called "innkeeper" stating "we wanted to let you know we upgraded you to our Santa Rosa Suite for your upcoming stay" THAT was it, When I arrived, I was told that there was an additional $49.00 per night for the upgrade.... I had not requested!
The girl that checked me in said that their policy was that they would charge the full amount of the room and give us the discount of the $139.00, excuse me??? I really thought I had already paid for the room. This owner is deceptive and unethical. DO NOT STAY HERE, you will absolutely be RIPPED OFF!

will never return

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 12, 2010

My husband and I regretted our stay at this property. Our room was tacky. The antiques needed to be replaced, having outlived their attractiveness. Nothing lasts forever. It is almost as if the innkeeper thinks that because her furnishings are antiques, she doesn't need to replace them when they have become worn out. The bathroom was also in desperate need of remodeling, and the breakfasts were o.k., not gourmet as their website states. Other bed and breakfasts that serve gourmet breakfasts offer such items as Champagne-Poached Egg with portobello mushroom and smoked salmon, Egg on a Cloud with hollandaise sauce, and Croissant French Toast topped with sweetened balsamic strawberries, toasted walnuts and Grand Marnier cream. The Old Yacht Club's food pales in comparison. In addition, the wine/ cheese during the happy hour was cheap, the hostess (Elaine?) wasn't particularly friendly or welcoming, the bicycles were rusted out, the cancellation policy is particularly punitive, and the prices of the rooms were ridiculously high for the dumpy nature of the place. Needless to stay, we will never return.

Nearby Old Yacht Club Inn

Old Yacht Club Inn

• Old Yacht Club Hotel Santa Barbara

Address: 431 Corona Del Mar Drive, Santa Barbara, California, 93103, United States

Amenities at Old Yacht Club Inn

• Free Parking
  • Business Services
  • Pets Allowed
  • Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Free High Speed Internet

Santa Barbara Travel Forum

Need advice about Santa Barbara, California? Visit the Travel Forum for Santa Barbara and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Santa Barbara hotel reviews