Pacifica Suites

Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

More about Pacifica Suites

Do not stay here!

by truthbetoldnow about Best Western South Coast Inn

Don't stay at the Best Western South Coast Inn!

We are posting this here to warn you and we are filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau as no one should be subjected to what we endured. This is a hotel where the owner and the manager have demonstrated they don't care about their customers. During our second stay at this hotel we were in a room where the toilet wouldn't flush. It wouldn't flush even if the toilet was empty. We had to call the front desk twice to get it fixed, and each time they sent a new maintenance person, and each time we were told the problem was fixed. When it wasn't fixed for the third time, I called the front desk in frustration. After being put on hold for a long time, the front desk person offered us the use of the bathroom in a room about 10 doors down from ours. We couldn't just move into that room because it had only one double bed. We were four people in a suite with a king and a sofabed and no working toilet. No other rooms were available for that night. I couldn't imagine getting up in the middle of the night and walking outside in my pajamas to use the bathroom. We weren't camping here. We were paying lots of money for a hotel room for four nights. So, I explained how I didn't see how the two rooms could work being so far apart and I said in frustration, "How about just comping us a couple of nights and bringing us a plunger." I added that I had to think about what we were going to do here since we had been told that most hotels in the area were sold out. After a few minutes, I called the front desk back and accepted the offer of the second room for the toilet. We were also offered a new suite room to move to the next day, which we gratefully accepted. We thought everything was all resolved. We would have a new room with a working toilet and everything would be fine. .....but it was not to be.

We were meeting friends for dinner so we had to leave. When we returned, the same front desk person knocked on our door and told us maintenance had snaked the toilet so it was working now. I wish maintenance had done that after our first call. We thanked him and gave him back the keys to the second room. I was told to talk the front desk the next morning about the situation. The next morning I talked to a new desk clerk about the nonworking toilet and he said he knew about it and the owner had heard and we were told we were required to vacate the premises immediately that morning and we were never going to be allowed to stay there again. I was in shock. We have been staying at hotels on a regular basis, including many Best Western's, with no problems. And during our prior stay at this hotel the front desk person said our file said "really nice people" and how we must have made a great impression. Now, because we were frustrated that we were in a room without a working toilet, we were told we were required to leave. It didn't make sense. We still had two nights on our reservation.

This new clerk told us that last night's front desk person relayed to the owner that I had demanded to be compensated for two nights when all I did was ask as a suggestion in frustration. The desk clerk was apologetic and made excuses for the owner telling us he was under stress because of the renovations and also how the main computer system had gone down that night. We asked to talk to both the hotel manager and the hotel owner but we were told neither could be reached and the situation wouldn't change even if they could be reached. There was apparently no way to get this miscommunication undone. He was sympathetic and he did comp us $30 which we appreciated, but there was no way we could connect to the two decision makers, the hotel manager and the hotel owner to get the situation fixed.

This is not the way you treat a customer. No one talked to us except the front desk person who was accusing us of demanding something we only asked for in frustration and as a suggestion. Plus, shouldn't a hotel do something more when your toilet doesn't work? The broken toilet wasn't the only problem. The cold water at the faucet only turned off at a precise point that took a while to find. The shower had very low water pressure. And, the next morning, the toilet wouldn't flush again. Plus, we heard another customer complain about how a hotel staff person walked in on them in their room really early in the morning.

In the end, the owner did us a favor. We found Pacifica Suites. It is closer to our Goleta destination. The toilets work and work and work!! The rooms are much cleaner. The breakfast is better. The people are nicer. And we are very happy to give them our business - we have many trips we will be making each year to Goleta.

Do yourself a favor and don't stay at the Best Western South Coast Inn.

Starbucks in Santa BarbaraStarbucks in Santa Barbara

Mission Santa BarbaraMission Santa Barbara

even if you're not buying it's a nice strolleven if you're not buying it's a nice stroll

the jacarandas were in bloomthe jacarandas were in bloom

Picnic areas in Botanical gardens

by bngclark

We are traveling to Santa Barbara area in October and like to have picnics in some out the way and beautiful places (8 people travelling). Are there picnic tables in the Botanical Gardens?

by patricia1.nunez

I was there, long ago and I remember stting in a picnic place,, but I´m not sure anymore if they had been taken off or perhaps upgraded since they were doing some remodelations at the time.. will be great if you can check directly with the parks authority or maybe call them i´m sure you can find their number at www.411.com

by travelgourmet

There are many picnic areas in Santa Barbara. The website is: http://www.santabarbaraca.gov/parks/bestparksfor_main.html
My favorite spot is beach side at Arroyo Burro Beach which has some picnic tables either beachfront or on grassy areas, as well as a restaurant nearby with restrooms. See my VT tip on Arroyo Burro Beach: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/tp/f9fba/

by rkearns

or you could just cop a squat at the mission green. there are a ton of yummy smelling, beautiful roses. you could picnic there and then visit the cemetery and mission grounds. it's beautiful. i used to paint there all the time! great place to picnic.

Travel Tips for Santa Barbara

Car Free Santa Barbara

by joanj

The view from the end of the wooden pier. Fabulous.
for seeing S. B. without a car, go to these sites.
Or take you roller blades like everyone seems to be on !!
www.santabarbaracarfree.com

web site to check out too is
www.santabarbaraca.com

Nice Beach

by vigi

Upon arrival in Santa Barbara, my first impression is fresh peaceful. Long and quiet beach, with people doing rolling blading and biking. Unfortunately, same as other beaches in California, one cannot swim with those facing the Pacifc Ocean, they're too much wave, and water is freezing cold, only suitable for surfing. So, I didn't have a chance to feel the water.

Gas Lamp

by vigi

Well... this gas lamp may look very normal to the locals, but it's new to me. After I didn't see any gas lamp in San Diego's gas lamp district, I was surprisinnly happy to see one standing outside a restaurant. My brother told me many restaurants have this kind of gas lamp, in order to warm up the outdoor tables at night. I can't understand why I can't even find one of this "normal" gas lamp in San Diego, which named itself "Gas Lamp District"!

GO SKATING

The access path...

by Lys-Noir

GO SKATING

The access path along the beach is the most popular place in town to skate and is suitable for all abilities. The path stretches from Ledbetter Beach, past the picturesque Santa Barbara Harbor, and around the Bird Refuge. At opposite ends are East Beach Grill and Ledbetter Cafe, great places to relax and refresh.

Comments