Ramada Limited

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 52% more than similarly rated 2.5 star hotels

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Beautiful Courtyard!

I will say this was a very nice hotel, but as you will find out...it's very expensive anywhere in or near Santa Barbara. At least when I visited Ventura it was reasonable still. The hotel was clean and nice. A little out dated, but still easy to find and it was quiet. The staff was helpful and friendly. We stayed here because it was reasonably priced for the area. It did serve a contential breakfast which everyone in the hotel took advantage of, so get there early. The room was ok, but I thought it should have been nicer for the price we were paying.

Complimentary Continental Breakfast with freshly grilled waffles
    126 rooms, interior corridors, two floors, no elevators
    Spacious rooms with patios or balconies
    Complimentary wired & wireless high speed Internet access
    Business center with computer, fax, copier and free high speed Internet access
    Complimentary use of Goleta Valley Athletic Club for all guests
    AAA rated 3 Diamond
    Complimentary taxi service to/from Santa Barbara Airport and Amtrak
    Children 17 and under stay free when sharing a room with an adult
    In room coffee makers and irons
    Free parking for lodging guests
    No charge for local, 800# and credit card access calls
    Property patrolled by Santa Barbara Security
    Meeting facilities for up to 75 people
    Handicapped rooms available.

Unique Quality: A very unique feature was the very green lush lagoon they had in the courtyard. It was just like their postcard. It has this little bench you can sit on and take in the beauty.

Directions: Santa Barbara Airport rt on William Moffet
    Take CA-217 E. on ramp, Merge to CA-217 East
    Take US-101 S. exit towards Santa Barbara Merge US-101 S.
    Take Turnpike Road exit turn left on Turnpike Road
    Right on Calle Real, Hotel left across from IHOP

• cwest03's Profile Photo

Ramada Santa Barbara

about $100 USD

see the web site or call for current prices

Unique Quality: This hotel is not right in the middle of town but you're going to save yourself a bunch of cash because of it. It's right off the freeway (you'll never hear it) and just 10 or 15 minutes from downtown, the beach and UCSB campus. The rooms are pretty nice and always clean.

Directions: 4770 Calle Real

Santa Barbara, CA

US 101 at the Turnpike Rd Exit.

More about Ramada Limited

Good deal for the money

by TripAdvisor Member sagacioustraveler

I wanted a decent yet "affordable" place while visiting my kid for parent weekend at UCSB. Most hotels in the Santa Barbara area were either booked solid, outrageously expensive, or received scary terrible reviews in Trip Advisor. Based on some of the positive reviews I read I decided to take my chances for 4 nights. I'm glad I did.

I dealt directly with the hotel and I found everyone at the front desk extremely helpful. At the time I booked my reservation, due to parent weekend, they only had a non-smoking room available for just 2 out of the 4 nights. David, the front desk person, told me he felt confident that by the time of my arrivial they could probably keep me in the same room. I called a few times before arrival to see if I would have to play musical rooms. All front desk staff was nice and assured me I would have the non-smoking room the entire time. And I did.

Since I travel extensively for business and pleasure, I have my own set of criteria for judging hotels. The room rate for my stay ($88.00 Thursday and Sunday nights, $108.00 for Fri and Sat) was a real deal for the Santa Barbara area. I was NOT expecting a 4 or 5 star property for this price in this town.

PROS:
Very convenient to UCSB and SB airport (10 minute drive)
Extremely friendly and helpful desk staff
They offer a free taxi to and from the SB airport
Nice continential breakfast: waffles, croissants, cakes, muffins, hard boiled eggs, fruit, yogurt, good coffee, cereals, etc.
Nice pool and hot tub area (with a really HOT tub)
Cute "lagoon" (i.e. very small pond) with a couple of ducks
Across street from IHOP and down street from In&Out Burger
1-1/2 mile drive/walk from great park with trails in foothills.
Relatively quiet.
Catherdral ceilings in 2nd floor rooms.
Good hot water and great shower pressure.
Bed and pillows were comfortable
Plentiful parking

CONS:
It's an older property. Ok, dated. Room is definitely showing wear and tear.
No automatic checkouts.
My room did have a stale smell. Couldn't tell from what in particular was causing it but keeping balcony door open for fresh air helped.
Must drive to beaches. It's about 10 miles from the main Santa Barbara downtown shopping area and wharf. Not sure what taxis cost but I think having a car is necessary to get around

TIP: In regards to noise, since I encounter unwelcome sounds in the "best" hotels, I've learned to travel with earplugs. Earplugs signifcantly mufflethe sound of traffic, air conditioners, tvs (or guests) from the next room, etc.

I was told that this facility is scheduled to be remodeled so it may also mean an eventual hike in prices. Until then, I will definitely stay here on my next trips to SB.

Friendly Staff

by TripAdvisor Member travelteachCA

We stayed here twice this month and would stay again. It is a great value, considering the high price of downtown and beach hotels in Santa Barbara. This is an older motor lodge type hotel with beautiful grounds. The rooms are large - upstairs ones have high wood ceilings. Yes, it has some wear around the edges, but it is a value hotel - you get what you pay for.

The staff at the desk are friendly and helpful. They serve freshly baked cookies in the afternoon/early evening and have fresh coffee in the lobby at all times. The in-room free internet is great if you have a computer, but this is one of very few hotels we have stayed in in the U.S. with the use of a free computer in the lobby.

outdated decor but clean

by TripAdvisor Member Dalaguete

this hotel is located closer to UCSB (Goleta) than SB, which is fine as it's right off the 101.

per the subject line, the decor is way outdated, as is the actual edifice, but the clean room and free internet are plusses. the lagoon is cute. i liked having a view of the mountains from the patio.

i followed another reviewer's advice and booked an upstairs room, which i'm glad that i did.
dining:
nearby places to eat are in-n-out and IHOP. i had a nice sit-down dinner at maria's italian kitchen, which is off of the la cumbre exit and located in an upscale-looking shopping center...
beach:
hit the goleta beach park, it's less crowded and has a nice long fishing pier too...

Good Value!

by TripAdvisor Member beachmonkey13

I must say that upon arrival I was a little nervous. The grounds were beautiful – but the interior hallways left a lot to be desired. Very dark and very worn out. Our room however was very spacious and clean, a great surprise after our hall experience. Part of the bathroom had been updated – the rest of the room could use some upgrades. Overall I would stay here again when traveling through Santa Barbara.

Great coustomer service

by TripAdvisor Member horses131

I just wanted to put in a good word for the RAMADA LIMITED in Santa Barbara. One evening I had called to inquire about an event that is to take place in Santa Barbara. The young lady who I had spoke with was absoutly wonderful. Her name was Penny, Penny was so helpful, sweet, kind, informative and fun to talk to. I was so impressed with her, that I asked to speak with a manager or supervisor so I could let them know how wonderful and great she was to talk to. When I inquired about speaking to a manager she expained to me that she was the manager. If your traveling to Barbara California, please consider staying at the Ramada Limited located on Calle Real. As Penny explained it, Ramada Limited trains their staff to treat everyone as if they were their best friend.

Sincerly,

G. Hames

Very nice - good value

by TripAdvisor Member mohicans

This is a good place to stay if you have a car with you - as it isn't located in the heart of the tourist section - but its easy to find, and is an affordable option in an expensive town!

We were really happy with our room, the beds, the cleanliness, the pool & courtyard and the breakfast.

No complaints at all - would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Wouldn't recommend it.....

by TripAdvisor Member sjsandy

Under renovations....garbage (beer cans, etc.) sitting in hallways. Internet access was placed oddly--having to reach around t.v. instead of on the desk across the room. Fan in bathroom didn't work. Breakfast was very sub-standard, and we're not picky. Distance to Santa Barbara wharf area, about 10 minute drive, so that was okay. Bed was clean and comfortable. Room was dimly lit.

Comments