901 East Cabrillo Boulevard, Santa Barbara, California, 93103, United States

Hotels.com Tingo.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Great Location!

We stayed here in early May and what a great location! Its right in the heart of the shopping district on State Street and a short trip from the beach and marina. The hotel has nice clean, well appointed rooms and a friendly staff. Our bathroom was a little small, but was not at all a problem. Its an old hotel that's been renovated. Valet parking required in the rear of the hotel was actually a good feature since we didn't have to spend forever finding a place to part each evening.

I would definitely make it a point to stay here again.

• Hanau93's Profile Photo

Santa Barbara Inn

We had a great stay with nice personel and clean hotel rooms. The food was also recommendable and all in all we were impressed with people's friendliniss. An added bonus was the close proximity o the beach.
    I would love to return on day..Soon..:)

More about Santa Barbara Inn

Santa Barbara Boardwalk View

by TerryD about Santa Barbara Inn

Double rooms or king bed suites with an oceanview are available here. You'll have a patio or terrace looking through beautifully kept gardens with tall palms, across the boardwalk to the beach and ocean. There's a pool, hot tub and the Conde Nast award-winning Citronelle Restaurant on the premises. Robes, fridges and cable tv in all rooms. Suites have double the incredible view. We were given walk-in prices of half the normal rate for 1 suite and 1 double room on a Monday night in February. Reception staff were helpful and friendly. You can park around back and avoid valet fees. During the warmer months, the boardwalk is alive with joggers and rollerbladers in beachwear.

One night was enough

by TripAdvisor Member DevonDiane

I stayed one night at the Santa Barbara inn as part of a fly drive holiday. The room was on the ground floor with a door that opened onto the car park which seldom had the rubbish cleared from it as the same card bored box sat out side our room the entire duration of our stay. It felt closer to a cheap motel rather than the four star hotel. The decor was dated and dark the shower had chipped tiles. The overall impression was that the place had seen better days!

Great start, lousy finish. If the only seemed to care!

As I read the reviews on Trip Advisor, I realize that the best a reviewer can do for those reading a review is be objective. So it is with this in mind that I start this review. On a base level, the Santa Barbara Inn has a lot going for it. The room was very nice, the location (right across from the Pacific) was great and it all seemed like a good choice to start. Check in was quick, the staff efficient, unfortunately one event ruined our stay. At rougly 3AM our sleep was interrupted by loud beeping. After some time, we figured out it was the smoke detector and the cause was low batteries. All in all this problem took about 30 minutes to resolve and the only way to resolve it was to remove the smoke detector from the room (since the hotel had no replacement batteries, surprising). The next day we were really dragging and ended up not really being able to enjoy our day to the fullest as we were tired. That night I told the night shift that we'd not really been able to enjoy our day out and I hoped that the hotel might do something to compensate for this. Nothing ever happened. At checkout I was presented with a bill, the room was $224 plus tax and for two nights, one interupted we paid $515! No adjustment for our misfoutune. I had some words with the front desk at checkout but they kept saysing "its nobody's fault." This left me with a bad feeling. The week after this, I checked with two hotel managers (of other hotels) to ask them how they would have handled this. They both said we would have been treated to a meal or bottle of wine, or something. From the Santa Barbara Inn all we received was an "I'm sorry." At a $60 a night hotel this might be expected, but not from one this pricey. I have since filled out the Santa Barbara Inn's customer satisfaction report and I have heard not a word from them. In summary, I am left with the impression that while the Inn is quite nice, they really aren't going the extra mile for their customer. For those guests who have no problems during their stay no big deal, but if you do, don't be surprised when the Inn doesn't measure up to the expectations you might have up such a high end hotel. For me, I will stay somewhere else next time I am in Santa Barbara.

Awful Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Nononsensereviewer

What a thoroughly horrible hotel!

Having stayed in many American quality hotels I have to say that the Santa Barbara Inn was our worst ever experience. A shabby run down hotel that does not live up to it's website promises. Very overpriced. Really would be in the $50 a night class if it wasn't in Santa Barbara. We discovered that a lot of the inns in Santa Barbara are very expensive for what they have they to offer and survive on the reputation of the area. Be very careful to shop around and even consider staying outside for added value and quality. I really don't mind paying for quality but this simply isn't quality. NO AIR CON SAYS IT ALL! THIS IS THE 21ST CENTURY!

The hotel is in a good position but if your at the front there is a lot of traffic noise and if your at the back you overlook the garbage! Not a great choice - JUST DON'T BOTHER!

train of thought...terrible!

by TripAdvisor Member helenathome

We too stayed at the Santa Barbara Inn just one night earlier this month as part of our tour of California, and thank goodness, as it was by far the worst night's sleep we had, and totally overpriced. The hotel has a lovely position just over the road from the beach, but that's the best thing I can say about it. Our room overlooked the carpark, there was just a ceiling fan instead of the air conditioning our holiday agent had promised, which meant the room was stiflingly hot and we had to keep the windows open all night. Even with the windows shut there was nothing that would have lessened the roar of the trains that rudely awoke us all through the early hours - it was so close, and the tooting so loud, that we thought it was in the hotel! Absolutley appalling and, consequently, we got no sleep. If we had been able to have a few drinks beforehand then maybe we might have slept through it, but having arrived very late due to the long drive from Monterey, we discovered the restaurant closed in 10 minutes and dashed in - unaware we had landed in one of the so-called best eating places in town. Admittedly, the food was beautiful, but it hardly covered the plate and took an age to be served, plus it cost us an arm and a leg and we were still hungry afterwards. The wine was awful too, both in price and taste. We would have gone into town to eat, except the receptionist implied there was a bit of a mosquito problem, but there was no such thing and we could easily have got a far cheaper and more satisfying meal in the centre. With just a few hours to spare next day, we took a taxi there and then a bus (25 cents, best bargain of the whole holiday!) all the way up Main St, which was getting ready for a festival. Santa Barbara is beautiful and would definitely go there again, but definitely not to the Santa Barbara Inn

Horrible Hotel

3/15/06

901 E. Cabrillo Blvd.
Santa Barbara, CA 93103

To whom it may concern,

I have looked at your website for several years and decided to come spend the weekend at your facility and enjoy what Santa Barbara had to offer. I stayed at your facility March 4-6 to celebrate my wife’s 50th birthday. Your website looks nothing like the real thing.

Unfortunately, the money I spent on the San Marcos suite was not money well spent. The room was run down with a semi ocean view. The bathroom fixtures were so gross we had to use towels to turn on the shower. The balcony would have been nice to use but there were no chairs or tables on it! The smell in the hallways is horrible and the carpets are filthy.

You might want to let the restaurant above the suite know that people usually sleep around 1:AM when they are scraping the chairs across the floor. That was great to wake up to.

The pool that is so prominent on your website was green and then closed so we couldn’t even use the Jacuzzi. Your continental breakfast was a joke and the waitress was rude and called by all the breakfast Nazi.

We did give the world famous Citronelle a try on my wife’s birthday, what a mistake. The food was tasteless and we spent more money on this dinner than all the others combined. Unfortunately, we talked our friends into coming with and they were equally disappointed. I would never recommend your inn to anyone for what you give and get for the prices you charge is a joke.

Keep Looking

I was on a road trip with a friend, and we needed a place to stay. She wanted a place on the beach, and I wanted a clean, quiet place to stay. My 2006 Mobil guidebook recommended this place, so I assumed it would be nice. We were able to get a rate of $125 before taxes with my AAA discount. Plus, it was about 8 p.m., so they may have been desperate for lodgers. It was a Sunday night.

First, the good:

It's probably one of the cheaper places on the beach in Santa Barbara. I had checked with some other places, and they were all significantly more than this place.

They offer a AAA discount, which I was able to receive.

A decent continental breakfast is included. The restaurant has a fantastic view of the ocean, so eating there was very pleasant.

The shower's water pressure is the best out of anywhere I have ever stayed, and I've stayed in some very nice hotels. It was amazing. However, at one point, it did go cold, for no reason, giving me a jolt. Better cold than scalding though.

Nice, thick towels in the rooms.

Towels are available by the pool.

Now, the bad:

No airconditioning, and it's noisy. The room was stuffy, so we opened the windows and turned on the fan. However, with the windows open, loud traffic and train whistles could be heard. This meant that we weren't able to sleep with the windows open. Plus, our room was directly above the valet parking area, so we could hear all that noise.

I found a giant spider inside the room on the curtain the next morning. I'm glad I didn't find it the night before.

The lighting in the bathroom and vanity areas was very dim, making it difficult to apply cosmetics.

That morning we were awakened by all kinds of noises. It may have been dumpsters being emptied in addition to other noises. One of the noises was some kind of lawn equipment being used on the cheap motel next door. It's a good thing we hadn't planned on sleeping in because the noises started before 8 a.m. It was truly obnoxious.

Even though it's on the beach, I wouldn't stay there again. It's way too noisy, the room needs AC, and the lighting needs to be brighter. It was fine for one night, especially since we didn't plan on sleeping in. However, had we planned on sleeping in, we would have been miserable. It was NOT relaxing.

Santa Barbara

by Hanau93

"Courthouse"

Photo taken on top of the famous courthouse overlooking the tiled roofs of historical Santa Barbara. The courthouse itself is worth a visit and the above mentioned view from the tower is breathtaking.
How can one describe Santa Barbara? it is undescribably beautiful..The moment you step out of the car the air smells sweet. The Jasmin, the Jacaranda Trees and the Bougainvillea..The red tiles reminded me so much of Europe, of Spain especially. We had initially intended to go all the way down to San Diego but since I fell in love with this town we stayed..:) Our first hotel wasn't the greatest and what was rather funny was the receptionist's thinking that all Canadians come from Toronto..We even wrote down that we were from Alberta but-- well, a blonde moment for him..:) The Santa Barbara Inn was lovely and I liked its proximity to the ocean..You will find out more about it on my tips pages..

"Courthouse"

In front of the courthouse...The court house is a Spanish/Moorish masterpiece with beautiful corridors and a historic mural room.
The observation tower is 85 ft. high

"Santa Barbara MIssion"

Spanish Franciscans founded the Santa Barbara Mission in 1786 , their tenth one in the state of California. The original building swere of adobe.

"Arcada Street"

Jacaranda Trees lining the street. i found them rather fascinating

Sunset on Cabrillo

Champagne Sunday Brunch

by aprilmay18

Does anyone know of a good champagne sunday brunch in the santa barbara area

by YVRDave

There is a sunday brunch website, I will search it for you. The guy has done a great job on it.

by YVRDave

Sorry it was for San Diego but if you are there here is the site

You probably can't go wrong with the Four Seasons if they have one

by travelgourmet

The Four Seasons Biltmore Hotel has a fantastic Sunday Champagne Buffet but they are in renovation till April. You can call them to see when it will reopen. Rated #1.

by travelgourmet

OK, go over the hill and have the Sunday Buffet, but check out the Chumash Casino in Solvang. Champagne may be on the menu, but the buffet is excellent. You don't have to gamble but it is available in a big way, Las Vegas style. Solvang is a quaint Danish Community, very touristy, but worth a visit. Casino website: www.chumashcasino.com

by tracys2cents

www.nippers.com

by Grantman

The restaurant Citroenelle at the Santa Barbara Inn next to the water is simply outstanding food with excellent champagne.

by WhiteFang01

I don't know if they have champagne or not but the food is very good and reasonably priced at the Cajun Kitchen/Cafe? restaurants in SB. Also, beware of the Santa Barbara Tourist Hostel...I made a reservation there, cancelled it well in advance, and they still charged me for the first night! White Fang 01

by yard_dog

The Biltmore... it's the best in town.

Comments