Secret Garden Inn

1908 Bath Street, Santa Barbara, California, 93101, United States

The Secret Garden Inn
Travelocity Hotels.com Booking.com

• Kingfisher Cottage "not worth $175.00 a day

My cousin & I along with her small dog stayed in the Kingfisher Cottage of the Secret Garden Inn Santa Barbara, Ca. 4/11-13/08.

Next time I'm asking dimensions of a cottage room before booking.

I was shocked when viewing this "Spec" of a room I paid $175.00 a day to stay in. Next I looked around for a closet but couldn't find one. There has to be a closet!

Finally! I relaized there's a chair in front of the closet Next I went into the bathroom,much roomer in there except I couldn't close the bathroom door as Queen size bed was blocking it.

Also, the wooden deck with large spa tub on makes entering room with luggage very difficult.

When I mentioned the above "problems" to Margaret the Inn keepers assistant. Her comment back to me was" Besides all that how is everything"? Dominque the owner lives off the property.

When In the kitchen for snack later I noticed two large casseroles sitting on the sink cooling. My first thought was this must be for later but instead the artichoke cheese casserole was served for breakfast the next morning. So much for freshness!

There is far to much furniture in the Kingfisher cottage room & queen bed takes up 3/4 of the space. Not enough room to walk around bed on both sides. Closet has small frig but had to remove chair in front of closet & put outside on wooden deck with other plastic chairs. Much more space in bathroom except you can't sleep in there. Did have nice claw tub.

Very limited cable stations.

Don't leave french doors open from room to wood deck, large black bee along with other flying insects like to visit.

Secret Garden Inn is north of the 101 freeway and a good distance from any restaurants, shopping & the beach area of Santa Barbara. Drive or take a bus.

Unique Quality: No views from the Kingfisher Cottage except a wooden fence & some insects flying about.

Oh! there's a painted window on the wall behind the Queen bed.

The cheese & crackers, brownies & even the artichoke casserole served a day late were good. I did enjoy sitting in the garden having coffee, visiting with other guests & reading. Quite relaxing.

Directions: Secret Garden Inn is quite a distance from the beach area of Santa Barbara & not near any restaurants or shopping except by car or bus.

• keida84's Profile Photo

A Secret Garden Inn (Formerly The Blue Quail)

We stayed up at this B & B for Valentine's 2003. We were in the "Oriole" room which was a room with it's own spa on the patio.

Parking is behind the Inn which is good because parking in this neighborhood is at a premium!

If the inn is at near capacity the indoor dining room cannot not accomodate all the guests, lucky for us the day we were there it was sunny so we ate out on the patio. But Valentine's Day is in winter and it can get quite cold and rainy so I suspect this could pose a problem at some point.

There are several local restaurants within walking distance. My husband's favorite: Derf's Cafe It is sort of a pub like atmosphere but still okay for the family. In summer months you can sit out on the deck and eat.

Unique Quality: This is a Pet Friendly Inn which they restrict to cottages with the wooden decks.

The jacuzzi on our patio was an outstanding feature, quite romantic.

Comments