The Inn At East Beach

1029 Orilla Del Mar, (Formerly East Beach Lodge), Santa Barbara, California, 93103, United States

Inn At East Beach
Hotels.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

• raulaf's Profile Photo

Charming Santa Barbara Inn

We stayed five days at The Inn at East Beach. Overall, our stay at the inn was very pleasant. The place was clean, cozy, and provided good service. Frank, the hotel manager, and his wife Linda are extremely friendly and helpful. The inn offered a complimentary continental breakfast every morning, including unlimited gormet bake goods, fruit, juice and coffee. Frank made sure you had plenty to eat. Our room had small kitchenette and a gas fireplace. Believe or not, the early August nights in Santa Barbara can still be quite chilly and the fireplace came in handy. Although there are no oceans views, its definitely walking distance to the beach, approximately one block. For more information about this hotel, check out their website.

Directions: At East Beach near the Santa Barbara Zoo.

More about The Inn At East Beach

Frank was wonderful

This was an excellent hotel. The manager, Frank, was so attentive it made our stay excellent. The continental breakfast was wonderful. The room was clean and nice. Room #2 has an wonderful 8 foot tub that has to be seen to be believed.

VCR/DVD player the only thing missing for this wonderful place

We had a very nice experience, the hotel is clean and well-kept. The owners are a wealth of information and just the sweetest people you will ever meet and eager to accomodate. You feel a part of their family. The surroundings are quiet and peaceful. Although they have over 75 channels to choose from on TV, we feel they would do themselves a real favor by including a VCR/DVD player in the rooms. We plan to bring the kids next time and make this hotel a regular stay while in Santa Barbara.

Have plans to stay there in the future.

by TripAdvisor Member JPB

Through no one's fault, this Inn showed tremendous integrity when a mistake occured with internet reservations. I cancelled, thought they received my message and they took my evidence as enough to not enforce their cancellation policy. A small Inn that puts customer service and satisfaction above all. Will definitely deal with them in the future based on this experience. Look forward to my Santa Barbara visit.

Wonderful Experience!

We recently stayed at "Inn at East Beach" and loved it. I think that it feels like a bed and breakfast combined with a hotel. It is in a great location and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast was great and we really enjoyed the fresh bagels. The owner Frank is SO nice and welcoming. He makes you feel right at home. I highly recommend Inn at East Beach for anyone looking for a great price, great location, and great service!

Loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member Jules_UK

Frank is lovely, I booked this hotel on recommendations here. I wasn't disappointed! We stopped at one of the tourist information places on the way in to the hotel to pick up some maps of the area. When we said where we were staying, they said Frank will look after you! When I checked in, and we were only staying one night (unfortunately) he gave me loads and loads of information for the area. I had an armful of newspapapers, brochures, and maps!

The room was very clean, and the breakfast in the morning was excellent. Frank insisted we take some more food with us for lunch, when we left.

The only slight disappointment, was that the beds were a bit uncomfortable.

As I said above, I wished we could have stayed longer, well, this year we're going to. I've just booked to stay in October again, but this time for 3 nights. I look forward to seeing more of the area.

What a treat!

by TripAdvisor Member lom234

We spent two days at this wonderful Inn. We arrived late and were greeted by Frank, the owner, with a warm welcome. The room was quite nice with a gas fireplace to take the chill off. The location was delightfully quiet but a nice walk to the beach, restaurants and stores. A continental breakfast was included and far exceded our expectations. The most yummy scones, danish, bagels brownies (locally made) along with coffee and juice were available. I would recommend this Inn!

pleasant stay

by TripAdvisor Member socal4me

my husband and I chose this hotel due to the reviews from this website. we were not disappointed. we stayed for the weekend of the SB orchid show, 3/24-3/26/06. note: this is not a luxury hotel, but it is in a very good location, a block from the beach, and close to State Street and the Wharf. Frank is very friendly and really makes the place above average.
Room had a fireplace which gave it a cozy feeling. Room is clean, and the nice plus was the free Arrowhead bottles in the refrigerator, what would cost about $4.00 each in a luxury hotel. Breakfast is ok, though not much in terms of healthy options.
I would recommend the hotel as the price was right and the location is excellent.

Room with fireplace.

by TripAdvisor Member Montanarims

We stayed at the Inn At East Beach in March. Weather was cool/raining. The room had a fireplace which helped with the cool/drab weather, and took the chill off. Frank was very freindly and helpful. Great breakfast treats, locally made baked goods, muffins, bagels, turnovers, fruit, juice, coffee etc. Pool looked good and was heated, but was to cool to swim! Easy walk to beach. Zoo a couple of blocks away.

nice with minor issues

by TripAdvisor Member Venturagal

Very quaint hotel that is by the beach in S.B. The owner Frank is wonderful and very helpful. The breakfast in the morning was also delightful. Large rooms with fireplaces and tubs.
I only have two minor issues. Stay on the top floor because we stayed on the bottom floor and the noise level was terrible from our upstairs neighbors. There is also train tracks that are literally behind the hotel which gets noisy at times.
I would stay again b/c of Frank.

Comments