Bella Vista Inn

See Amenities

Perfect for the price

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 11, 2010

This place was perfect for what I needed. It's cheap and clean. If all you need is a place to sleep that's comfortable, then this is the place to go. It has all the basics, and a little bit of luxury too.

At first, I was weary of coming here, because I didn't really see many positive reviews about this place. Most of the reviews were neutral, and one stated that they had the experience of having an unsavory crowd around the establishment. Another review also stated that the walls between the rooms were very thin. However, after staying here (because I wasn't able to book the other hotel that I wanted to go to) I was pleasantly surprised and satisfied with the establishment. I would definitely come back here again.

First off, before I describe the place, I'd like to state that this was my first time staying at a motel/inn. I normally book suite rooms in hotels. So, take this into consideration when reading my critique.

The employees are very nice and helpful. The place looks decent--it looked safe and quiet. The room was very small, and relatively clean. By relatively clean, I mean that everything looked clean. However, the bathroom had a little wear around the tub (due to age and constant cleaning), and the room had a musty smell to it. But, after leaving the window open for a while, the smell went away. However, it does come back when you take a shower (if you leave the bathroom door open). The bed is comfortable. There's a mini refrigerator, an AC unit, and free wi-fi internet.

Concerning the issues that I read in the reviews about the unsavory people loitering around the establishment and the thin walls, I did not experience these. I would get back to my room around midnight, and it was completely quiet. Also, there were no people loitering around outside. It was the same, when I left my room during the day-usually between the hours of 10am and 12noon. As for the thin walls, I thought that it was relatively quiet. I didn't hear any of the other guests in their rooms, nor did I hear any bathroom sounds-save for the sound of the air blower in the restroom. But, even then, the sound was very faint. The only time I heard the other guests, was when they were passing by my room and talking. The rooms have fairly large windows, facing the walkway, so it allows for sound to transmit easily into the rooms.

One thing that I really liked about this place was the shower head. Surprisingly, the shower had a really nice shower head, so the water came out in a nice steady and firm spray. I enjoy taking showers, so it's an extra perk to me when I come across a hotel with a nice shower head.

The only issue that I had with the establishment is that the curtain on the window doesn't close all the way, so there's a small gap that allows for viewing into the room.

Unique Quality: Small pool; Free Wi-Fi internet

Nearby Bella Vista Inn

Bella Vista Inn

• Bella Vista Hotel Santa Clara

Address: 3550 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, California, 95051, United States

Amenities at Bella Vista Inn

• Swimming Pool

Santa Clara Travel Forum

Need advice about Santa Clara, California? Visit the Travel Forum for Santa Clara and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Santa Clara hotel reviews