5101 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara, California, 95054, United States
Orbitz.com Hotels.com amextravel.com

More about Hyatt Regency Santa Clara

Business trip to Santa Clara, CA, US - Hyatt Santa Clara

by TripAdvisor Member Aksel

This was a two week business/conference trip, which also took place at this hotels conference center.

It is a large hotel, so the lobby was big with a large, oval, bar and then a small restaurant part where the breakfast was served and then a sushi bar.

The staff was friendly and the checkin was smooth and nothing special to comment upon. The room was big, as expected in a US hotel of this standard. I got two smaller, standard beds, instead of the queen that I requested, but it was the only room on a floor high up with a view of the front (the back was so boring), so I was ok with it. The room was larger then a queen size room, as a colleague had it. It was a nice room, with a large desk where you could easily work it, and it has wire less internet hook up, so you can be in bed with the computer if you want to. The closet is very small, so I could not unpack all my clothes, which had to be in the bag on the floor in the room, that was a down side of the room. The bathroom was ok. Not large, and not small, but it was clean.

The sushi restaurant was not good in my opinion. I love sushi, so I prefer to eat that when I am out travelling, but this was not good sushi. To large pieces and to thick as well. If felt more like cheewing gum, then fish that just melts on your tounge. The breakfast bufé was dissapointing, considering this to be a large business hotel, it was a very small bufé, with not a lot of options. You got bored after just a few days.

There is a small pool area, but december does not indulge for a swim, even though some said it was warm in the water. Otherwise there is absolutely nothing outside the hotel or around it for miles. You cannot walk to any shops, restaurants or a smaller supermarket or gas station, so you cannot bulk up with sodas, snacks or things like that. You REALLY need a car if you are staying here.

An average business hotel I would say.

Great business hotel

Overall a great business hotel, probably great for pleasure as well. Nice rooms that are very comfortable. Great bar in the lobby and some good restaurants onsite. Currently renovating all the rooms as well, making the completely up to date. The older rooms are just fine though.

Complaints? A little pricey and the gym is pretty weak but functional.

Overall great place to stay though.

Pretty good hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member NODAK1979

We paid 70 dollars for this room on Priceline, and it turns out that's over 50 percent off of the normal rate. I'd say it was worth the stay.

Now, we didn't have anything going on in the area...I booked it as a stopping point on the way to San Francisco. However, a huge shopping center was nearby to keep us occupied for a couple of hours....and the area was a REALLY nice business park with names such as Sysco, McAfee and Yahoo headquartered there. In other words, this wasn't a bad neighborhood. There was also an amusement park across the street.

The area didn't really have any character...but what do you expect from Santa Clara anyway?? I'd imagine most people would use this for a business hotel...and it certainly seems like it'd fit the bill.

My only complaint?? On our vacation, in which we stayed in 4 4-star hotels, this was the smallest room.

Doesn't desrve 4-star rating. Needs serious rennovation.

by TripAdvisor Member aladin_USA

I was very excited when I got a very good deal for 3-nights stay throught priceline. But that changed as soon as I reached the hotel with my wife. First, we were given a room with two double bed even though I requested for a king-size bed a couple of days in advance. The receptionist agreed to move us to a different room next day though. We went to our room and found that it was really old. Furnitures were discolored. Bath tub was not clean. Even the basic toiletries were missing. We decided not to fuss about it hoping that we would be moved to a better room next day. But to our horror, the room that we got next day was equally bad, except that it had a king-size bed. The bathroom flush stopped working on the third day. The elevators and other common areas had dilapited look as well.

I am not the kind of person who complains about minor things.. but we were certainly expecting a very different experience in a 4-star rated hotel. I have stayed at many 3-star hotels and their rooms were much better than this one. I wonder whether the priceline customers are handled differently and their room quality is based on what they paid. I am curious to figure out whether I would have gotten a different treatment had I booked the similar room from Hyatt's website.

And to make sure that I have something positive to say about this hotel.. it has a great location, provides easy access to US 101 and many silicon valley companies. I liked their special french toast in their cafeteria. I don't remember its name though..

exceed my expectation

by TripAdvisor Member eehey

booked this hotel from priceline and worried about room quality since lots of reviews here complained service and room for priceline clients. I checked in Sunday afternoon and got non-smoking, one king bed room without any issue. My son and wife love this hotel and this may be the best hotel I stayed on my trip from San Diego all the way to Yosemite. Given the decent price bid on priceline, I can not complain anything for this hotel. I spent much more on other hotels and cannot find any difference. Next time I will definitely book this hotel again

Happily Satisfied

by TripAdvisor Member nichan

After reading some of the reviews we were a little trepiditous once we saw this was the hotel we won on Priceline. We were quickly put at ease once we arrived. Free parking, great and courteous front desk staff. A typical Hyatt business hotel but our room was perfect and the bedding was oh so comfortable. Common areas were clean. We were traveling with our eleven year old whose requirement is "do they have a pool" Yes and we were impressed with it, an outdoor pool where the water was crystal clear and the whirlpool hot with working jets.

Convenient to Theme Park

by TripAdvisor Member elviswife

After booking this hotel for $50/night through Priceline (whoo hoo!) we were very happy to arrive for our 4 night stay. When we checked in, there was also a convention checking in, so we had a hard time getting a bellman to help us with our bags. While we waited for that, we checked in at the front desk. No mention of Priceline, only that we had "prepaid" and it said WBID on our code for check in.

We had called the night before and set up a certain type of room - renovated (they are going through renovations right now), on a top floor, with large screen tv, fridge, and king bed. We were assigned a nice room on the 13th floor. The halls have been redone in powder blue and taupe (kind of feels like a large boy's nursery). The rooms now have a "european" spareness that is popular right now (see photos). There is a fridge, but no microwave. You have to go to the restaurant to get things microwaved. The bathroom is a bit tight as well.

Internet access is $9.95/night, valet parking is $15/night (but we never had a hard time finding parking right in front - for free). Room service and restaurant prices are the same, so both seem a little expensive. There is a heated pool with cabanas and a nice fitness room.

Close by are two shopping areas - one has a Safeway, Red Robin, Indian food, italian, Baja Fresh, and Coldstone Ice Cream. The other has In N Out Burgers, Starbucks, Jamba Juice, sushi, Mexican, movies, and some little shops.

The hotel is close to the 101 freeway, and only 1.5 blocks to Great America Theme park (which is why we were there). You can walk to the theme park and save the $10 parking if you don't mind not being able to leave the park for lunch.

Warning: you can't bring your own dvd player and hook up to their LCD tvs. They say you can - but you can't. It is set up to only play the stations and pay-per-view movies through the on demand hotel tv.

All in all, we felt like we got a steal through priceline. Would stay here again if we got the deal again. But didn't feel personal - very geared toward business travelers, which is understandable given it's location next to the convention center.

One of the lousiest hotel

by TripAdvisor Member MoonFavor

We stayed on the 6th floor of this hotel. They were conducting renovations so the hammering & drilling started right after 9am. There is no way for you to sleep late because nobody - operator, front desk or floor manager can do anything about it. I asked the operator/front desk if they can start the renovation 1 or 2 hours later specifically for my room upstairs and the answer is a snappy "No". So I left messages for the floor manager to call me back in the morning at 930am & 1030am. By the time I left the room at 1230pm, I received no call from the duty manager. I didn't even receive a note or message from the manager when I return to the hotel room at 9pm the same day. Basically, they just decided to ignore my request. And when one does not get anough sleep, one gets snappy & that's what happened to me!

What's more, I stayed here for a week & everyday the chambermaid does something different / forgets something. No doubt, its probably different maids cleaning the room every day...There is simply no standard "replishment" service. One day, she forgets to change the bathrobe which I left inside the bath tub (yes, its inside the tub, so how can one ignore?). Another day, she forgets to replenish the coffee. Yet another day, the rubbish was not cleared; or the bin was left in another corner; one day, our cups were in the bath room; another day, the cups were near the coffee bar! Basically, every day is an unpleasant surprise.

To top it up, this hotel does not provide any vanities eg. cotton buds, shower cap, sewing kit - the normal stuff that you enjoy even at budget hotels.

Trust me, this is one of the most disappointing hotels. Do NOT stay here unless absolutely necessary. There are other hotels in the vincinity including Hilton, Crowne Plaza, etc. I hope you have better luck than me.

Be careful...this isn't what you'd expect from a Hyatt

by TripAdvisor Member urbancocoa

My husband and I stayed here for one night. We live in San Francisco but I had an early morning meeting in the South Bay so we thought we would stay in the area the night before. I reserved on Priceline and when we got to our room it seemed like the design was off - there should've been more furniture (e.g. sitting chair, desk), the sink design was weird, etc. I later looked at the candid travelers' photos on Tripadvisor and saw how the room should've looked. I realized we were put in an UNFINISHED room in the renovated wing. I'm surprised Hyatt would be so unprofessional and put guests in rooms still undergoing renovations.

The issues didn't stop there. Don't stay here if:
- You are planning on getting ready for bed or getting ready in the morning earlier than your traveling companion. The sink is outside the bathroom so when I got up early for my meeting and used the sink to get ready it woke up my husband. The bathroom also has an opaque sliding door so when you turn the light on it fills the whole room. Note: the door is about an inch away from the frame, so any noise in the bathroom can be heard on the outside (if you get my drift...)

- You're sensitive to light. The light switch next to the sink is on motion sensor. So if you get up at night and walk by it (e.g. to go to the bathroom) it lights up pretty brightly, reflecting in the mirror and filling the room with light for several minutes. I love staying in hotels because the rooms are dark and I can sleep better so this bothered me.

- You like to keep your suitcase on a luggage rack. The luggage rack was just big enough to hold our small carry-on size rolling suitcase. If we had had a larger suitcase we would have had to keep it on the floor.

- You need late checkout. Checkout is 12pm. They will charge $50 extra for checkout between 12-2 p.m.

Other problems:
- There was no remote in the room. We asked the front desk to send one up and 45 minutes later it still hadn't arrived.
- The phones in the room did not work (probably because it was unfinished). Problematic if you need a wake-up call.

It's hard to believe Hyatt would go to all the trouble of renovating this hotel but leave out significant details and provide such awful customer service.

Horrible post remodeling

by TripAdvisor Member knowmyhotels

I stay at this hotel regularly and was fairly satisfied until the recent multimillion dollar renovation. The management probably picked the cheapest designer they can find or the designer has no real world experience. You couldn't pay me enough money to let this guy touch my home. NOTHING in the new room is user friendly and practical. Out goes the nice redwood furniture, in comes the Ikea like cheap wooden board based furnitures.

** No more closet -> exposed area with a metal rod for the hangers
** No more luggage rack -> a 2 foot high wooden frame under the exposed closet
** No more double door closet mirroes -> one narrow mirror hidding a slim component for the ironing board that's so high, it takes some energy and muscle to get the ironing board in and out.
** No more nice bathroom doors -> cheap and thin looking sliding doors riding some very skimppy rails; the doors in my room kept slide off the rail and i was forced to pick up the door to hang it back on the railing.
** No more nice bathroom basin -> some modern looking sink that is at most 2 inch deep and sits above the counter top. No matter how careful you are, water will get ALL over the places.
** No more stand center mounted faucet -> a funky faucet mounted on the LEFT and does not produce consistent water flow
** No more bathroom counter to space for coffee maker and tea bag --> a cheapie Ikea like wooden shelf under the sink, at the SAME height as the toilet. There are very visible dried liquid marks on the coffee maker, paper tea bags and paper cups. I am willing to bet they are from urine splashed from the toilet.

I can go on and on for another 2 pages but I am tired. Bottom line, this is a business hotel and its decor and furnishing should be practical! The new design is not practical at all and it is more suited as a display in a concept showroom.

Finally, the god awful baby powder blue paint everywhere makes this hotel look cheap and unprofessional. The hotel management should be fired to allow this renovation to bring down such a nice hotel.

Comments