2700 Mission College Blvd, Santa Clara, California, 95054, United States

Santa Clara Marriott
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

• Sunshine64's Profile Photo

Nice Place

I spent only one night at the Marriott, but would recommend it. There are several wings / towers, and I stayed in the Executive Tower. Don't know if there is any difference in accomodations in the differnt areas, but the room had a very comfortable bed, a desk, and high speed access/unlimited local and LD calls for $9.95/day. They also had more than the standard 8-10 channels on TV.

It's also very near the Great America amusement park, if you have time....

More about Marriott Santa Clara Silicon Valley

Santa Clara Marriott

by b1bob about Santa Clara Marriott

The Santa Clara Marriott Silicon Valley is located at the junction of Highway 101 and Great America Parkway in the heart of Silicon Valley 40 miles (66 km.) south of downtown San Francisco. The Great America Theme Park is next to the Marriott and the Santa Clara Convention Centre is one mile away. When Grandma Terry and I flew in to San Francisco in August, 1985, not only were our arms tired, but it was late at night. It made no sense for Aunt Natalie, Uncle Dick, and Scott to drive all the way back to Stockton that night only to drive back to San Francisco the following day to tour the city, so we stayed at this nice hotel a good ways to the south of San Francisco International Airport. I couldn't sleep well that night partly because of jet lag (this was the first time I crossed any time zone), but mostly because of the "I can't believe I'm here" adrenaline, which still happens to me when I go somewhere different for the first time or take an unplanned trip anywhere. The following morning, we rung Mama and Daddy who were minding Grandpa Terry (then 88 years old) and I talked with him about my first series of flights.

Fresh and Natural

by Sunshine64 about Parcel 104

Parcel 104 is in a wing of the Santa Clara Marriott Hotel. The food is excellent! They use local, organic ingredients, and serve fresh fish - often caught that morning, and natural, grass-feed beef - as well as other organic meat. Their menu changes daily - based on what is freshest. I had the pork, and it was perhaps the most succulent, juicy pork I've eaten. It was served with a fancy and tasty broccoli, and these really awesome onion rings.

Parcel 104 has a HUGE wine list, but there were no bargains on the list. I'm pretty sure there was no red wine under $45.

Also - Parcel 104 provides the food for room service at the Marriott during the week. I had a cheeseburger that was delicious!

Comments