Casa Blanca Inn

Tags

Surfing Theme Park Trips Beaches
See Amenities

by written on December 9, 2015

We stayed in room #1 - which was supposedly a renovated 2 queen bed room with a view of the beach. It had a view of the beach, but it was also right next to the bar, which is part of the hotel. When we checked in, they knew I had my 5 year old daughter with me, yet they still gave us the room right next to the bar on a Friday night- you'll see in the photos that room #1 is about 4 feet (no exaggeration) from the bar. I made this reservation through the hotel and paid over $300 (including tax). The view was fine, but the hotel was the furthest thing from renovated. In fact, I have attached numerous photos of the condition of the "renovated" room - the chair was broken, there was a patch in the bathroom - I assume someone punched the wall? (I wouldn't be shocked based on the clientele who were at the bar until after 2AM). Also, the phone was broken, so I couldn't even call the front desk. Also, if you look "behind the curtain" --that is, the literal curtain! You'll see the condition of the shelves. DIS-GUST-ING! When we returned to our room around 7pm, it was loud, but we figured it would quiet down around 9. Nope. It was like there were about 20 INCREDIBLY DRUNK LOUD LOSERS in our room until 3AM. The walls are paper thin. Also, they were all smoking RIGHT OUTSIDE OUR DOOR, so it was very smoky and disgusting in our room that night. I put a towel under the door to try to help, since my daughter is allergic to smoke. Let's just say that this hotel was LESS THAN ACCEPTABLE. When I spoke with the front desk attendant the next morning, she was very apologetic and said they should have never put me in that room. I asked her to have the manager, Reina, call me in the next couple days. She did call and left 2 numbers - one of which was not her number, and the other one for the hotel. Let's just say 8 out of 10 times I called to try to reach the hotel, the phone just rang and rang and rang... no answer. No answering machine. Nothing. I left multiple messages when a person actually answered the phone to try to have this resolved. No return calls. I looked up the owners - Kishor and Nita Patel - and called their other hotel, the Bay Front Inn. I spoke with the manager there, Cara, and she was very nice. However, once again, it seems even the owners won't own up to this problem and try to even call me back ONCE to try to resolve my issues. Let's just say that this entire operation that they own is the WORST HOTEL I'VE EVER STAYED IN OVER MY ENTIRE LIFETIME. The fact I spent over $300 makes me SICK. SICK! I hope that everyone who takes the time to read these reviews takes my word for it... DO NOT STAY HERE. It is dirty, broken down (even in a "renovated room") and there is clearly nobody who even cares one single bit. Unfortunately, this was the last night of our vacation. We had to leave California with this bad taste in our mouth. I am not trying to overstate how HORRIBLE this place is just because I'm frustrated that nobody cared enough to return my calls to try to rectify my issues. It's mostly because THIS HOTEL IS THE WORST HOTEL I'VE EVER STAYED AT IN MY LIFE. STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE! Oh - and don't plan on having anyone help you with your bags... you have to LUG THEM YOURSELF OVER MULTIPLE SETS OF STEPS. WORST HOTEL EVER!!!!!!

by written on December 9, 2015

We stayed in room #1 - which was supposedly a renovated 2 queen bed room with a view of the beach. It had a view of the beach, but it was also right next to the bar, which is part of the hotel. When we checked in, they knew I had my 5 year old daughter with me, yet they still gave us the room right next to the bar on a Friday night- you'll see in the photos that room #1 is about 4 feet (no exaggeration) from room #1. I made this reservation through the hotel and paid over $300 (including tax). The view was fine, but the hotel was the furthest thing from renovated. In fact, I have attached numerous photos of the condition of the "renovated" room - the chair was broken, there was a patch in the bathroom - I assume someone punched the wall? (I wouldn't be shocked based on the clientele who were at the bar until after 2AM). Also, the phone was broken, so I couldn't even call the front desk. Also, if you look "behind the curtain" --that is, the literal curtain! You'll see the condition of the shelves. DIS-GUST-ING! When we returned to our room around 7pm, it was loud, but we figured it would quiet down around 9. Nope. It was like there were about 20 INCREDIBLY DRUNK LOUD LOSERS in our room until 3AM. The walls are paper thin. Also, they were all smoking RIGHT OUTSIDE OUR DOOR, so it was very smoky and disgusting in our room that night. I put a towel under the door to try to help, since my daughter is allergic to smoke. Let's just say that this hotel was LESS THAN ACCEPTABLE. When I spoke with the front desk attendant the next morning, she was very apologetic and said they should have never put me in that room. I asked her to have the manager, Reina, call me in the next couple days. She did call and left 2 numbers - one of which was not her number, and the other one for the hotel. Let's just say 8 out of 10 times I called to try to reach the hotel, the phone just rang and rang and rang... no answer. No answering machine. Nothing. I left multiple messages when a person actually answered the phone to try to have this resolved. No return calls. I looked up the owners - Kishor and Nita Patel - and called their other hotel, the Bay Front Inn. I spoke with the manager there, Cara, and she was very nice. However, once again, it seems even the owners won't own up to this problem and try to even call me back ONCE to try to resolve my issues. Let's just say that this entire operation that they own is the WORST HOTEL I'VE EVER STAYED IN OVER MY ENTIRE LIFETIME. The fact I spent over $300 makes me SICK. SICK! I hope that everyone who takes the time to read these reviews takes my word for it... DO NOT STAY HERE. It is dirty, broken down (even in a "renovated room") and there is clearly nobody who even cares one single bit. Unfortunately, this was the last night of our vacation. We had to leave California with this bad taste in our mouth. I am not trying to overstate how HORRIBLE this place is just because I'm frustrated that nobody cared enough to return my calls to try to rectify my issues. It's mostly because THIS HOTEL IS THE WORST HOTEL I'VE EVER STAYED AT IN MY LIFE. STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE! Oh - and don't plan on having anyone help you with your bags... you have to LUG THEM YOURSELF OVER MULTIPLE SETS OF STEPS. WORST HOTEL EVER!!!!!!

Nearby Casa Blanca Inn

• Pets Allowed
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Kitchenette

Santa Cruz Travel Forum

Need advice about Santa Cruz, California? Visit the Travel Forum for Santa Cruz and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Santa Cruz hotel reviews