UCSC Inn Santa Cruz

Bonny Doon tasting roomBonny Doon tasting room

Mixed Sandstone Strata and CavesMixed Sandstone Strata and Caves

Flowers For Sale?

by prattb1

I live in Santa Cruz and I was wondering if Wilder Ranch sells flowers there?
If so, what are the directions to where I can buy the flowers?

Thanks,

by brotherleelove

Why wouldn't you just call them to ask for yourself?

by Odinnthor

Some folks just don't know how to do things....that is why we are here....d;o)

Here are a lot of reviews......I did not read them but here they are for your reviewing pleasure........good luck......d;o)

by Odinnthor

....sorry, - meant to include this.....

by trvlrtom

I've been there many times. No, they don't sell flowers.
Perhaps you are thinking of the arboretum at UCSC, not far from there.

Travel Tips for Santa Cruz

cupcake tip

by biancaneve

the Cupcake report, ok?

1. GAYLES OF CApitola///BEst cupcakes, pastries , sweets
2. Kelly's (in Aptos, and Santa Cruz) (former employee of GAYLES of Capitola)
3. The buttercup (also former employees of Gayles ) Gayles of Capitola......
and
MArini's candies on the Boardwalk

Yogatastic

by axel84

Santa Cruz is not short on yoga centers. The place is saturated with them, so it is difficult to know where is good to go. Fortunately, while me and my girlfriend were there the Santa Cruz Weekly paper had its 'Best Of' Santa Cruz awards and Nourish, a yoga and wellness center in downtown, was listed as the best yoga studio and Victor Dubin, an instructor there, was listed as the best yoga instructor, so we figured we'd go and find out what all the fuss was about. We both do yoga down in L.A., her much more so than me, and we we have a couple of teachers we really like, but Victor was way better than them. We took his Wednesday night beginners class and it was very relaxing. There is a very light and comfortable atmosphere in the space, helped by Victor's jokes and the music (he played Hendrix and Ray Charles... very cool). He's very friendly and gave me a couple of helpful adjustments during class. The little yoga loft they've got there is smaller than we were used to but it kind of helps add to the close-knit atmosphere. My girlfriend and I left feeling really good and we'll be going back next time we're up there.

Henry Cowell State Park

by tvdandy

Traveling up Interstate 9 North, from the city of Santa Cruz is Henry Cowell State Park. This is a spread out park area of about 15 miles for the avid hiker. This is all about the Redwoods. Every hiking path takes you into a forest path surrounding yourselves with those wonderful Redwood trees which reach miles into the skys. I found I could only handle about an hour of hiking because there isn't much variety in the scenery, just a bunch of extremely tall trees. But worth your while if you dig the pine.

Sunset Beach

by Tom_Fields

Sunset Beach is another nice one, with a lot of sand and not rocky coast. It also has a curiousity that I've never seen anywhere else.

During World War I, the US Navy built some auxiliary vessels (like freighters) using concrete. This was necessary due to the acute shortage of iron ore. Believe it or not, a concrete vessel can float, if shaped the right way. But these ships were not very durable, and none lasted very long. One of them, the Palo Alto, was wrecked on this beach, and the wreck remains there to this day.

When I visited, the surf was too heavy to go out on the pier. So I couldn't get a closer look.

Great downtown delicatessen

by trvlrtom about zoccolis Deli

This is a great place to stop for a sandwich, a light meal or to pick up some tasty items for a picnic. An Italian Zoccoli family started a grocery store here in the 1940s, and although it has evolved into a deli, it is still a local, family run institution. There is seating inside as well as on the sidewalk area in front, on Pacific Avenue.
If you are in the area and are hungry and looking for a sandwich, there is no reason to go to a chain store or fast food restaurant. Avoid them and try this local favorite spot. A few steps up the street is Jamba Juice, if you want a good smoothie, and across the street is a coffee shop, one of several on Pacific Avenue.

Comments