1415 Ocean Ave., Santa Monica, California, 90401, United States

Booking.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Costs 28% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• toddecus's Profile Photo

Quaint and Cozy

I love the porch facing the ocean and the rooms were surprisingly comfortable given the age of the hotel. I recommended this place to my parents when they came to visit, our one bedroom appartment doesn't house guests well. You can checkout blankets at the front desk to drape over your legs while sitting on the porch. My wife and mother loved this. The service on the front porch is pretty limited, mostly drinks but the sunset view can be spectacular.

Unique Quality: Front Porch facing the ocean, unique atmosphere on Ocean Ave.

Directions: Right on Ocean Ave.

• lifejustgetsbetter's Profile Photo

Grand Old Lady in great location

Our family of 4 including our 2 teenage sons stayed at the Georgian Hotel in October 2007. The Hotel is a beautiful old building opposite the Pier at Santa Monica. It is within walking distance of Third Street Promenade with great shops and restaurants. We booked a one bedroom suite and were very happy with the large size rooms and general comfort of the suite. The restaurant serves great meals out on the verandah and is a great place just to sit and watch the world go by. The Vistor Centre is right across the road and the people were very helpful in giving us directions and public transport routes and times during our stay. After travelling around for 3 weeks we were very happy just to soak in the atmosphere and had a great time doing everything and nothing. I would highly recommend the hotel for families.

• Sharrie's Profile Photo

The Georgian

THE GEORGIAN HOTEL.

USD235-USD525.

Unique Quality: I didn't stay here either.
    Same as with Hotel Shangri-la, it overlooks the Pacific Ocean & was renovated in 2000. Only a few steps away from Third Street Promenade & Santa Monica Pier.

More about Georgian Hotel

by Dabs

I'm not sure if the Georgian Hotel is a nice place to stay or not but it caught my eye while I was strolling down the beach, it's blue and yellow art deco facade definitely stands out from the monochromatic white buildings that you see all along the shore.

It does get good reviews on TripAdvisor and it looks like it could have stunning beach views depending on what room you get.

Main Street

by Dabs about Various

I was driving around trying to get a closer look at the Georgian Hotel which I spotted from the beach and I drove through a section of the Main Street shopping area which looked very inviting. But alas, I didn't have time to stop, it was getting close to dinner time and I didn't want dad to call Ponch and Jon to go looking for me. For those of you fortunate enough to have never seen it, this is a reference to CHiPs (which stands for California Highway Patrol), a very cheesy TV show from the late 70s, early 80s. I was frightened to see that there are actually websites devoted to CHiPs and even more frightened that I remembered the names of the actors.

The attached website has a listing of stores and restaurants, lots of specialty boutiques and galleries. Besides the Starbucks (is there anywhere on earth that doesn't have a Starbucks???) and Gap that have infiltrated the rather lovely atmosphere, it's refreshingly free of national retailers.

the grandeur of the georgian

Our stay at the georgian hotel was fantastic! The ocean suite (away from the elevator as requested by us before our stay) was not noisy as i expected, the bed very comfortable (nice and firm), the aveda products and turn down service made us feel pampered and the breakfasts on the verandah to die for!
Overall we really enjoyed our 5 nights here and what more could you ask of the location.
We even loved the slow elevator!!!!
Do yourself a favour and stay here for a touch of old world class.

Georgian in June

If you are interested in genteel art deco the Georgian Hotel is the place to go with its atmosphere of a previous era. What was good about the hotel:
-internet access-although there is a charge for usage over 15 minutes I managed to do what I needed in 15 minute blocks and was never charged.
-staff at front desk were helpful and friendly
-well appointed rooms
-nice bathroom
-front verandah and ocean views
-managers Wednesday nights free hors d'oeuvres and wine
-well located
What was not so good:
-exposed pipes on the ceiling in the room near the entrance. A false ceiling to cover these would be an improvement

The Perfect Place to Stay

Stayed at the The Georgian Hotel from the 7th of April to the 12th.There was some renovations going on while we were there, although it was no major inconvenience.
Had a Fantastic time. This is no ordinary hotel. It has the charm and style you would expect from a hotel built originally in the 30s.
Great location, just minutes from the Pier and the shopping mall.
Breakfasts are the best! Choose the bed and breakfast deal as it is well worthwhile.
We visited with a 2 and a 4 year old. Staffs were very accommodating for there needs.
We definitely will be back.....

nice hotel

Spent 4 nights there early April 04, nice clean hotel, very good location. A major disapointment was it was being painted externally and only side entrance could be used, no breakfast on the porch, which was a major reason for booking there and is a selling point used by them.
Found a good internet cafe just around the corner for breakfast instead, didn't actually eat there. I would have expected a warning the work was being carried out before we arrived. Would stay there again though.

Classic Ambience Right on the Beach

Just returned from a 4-day stay at the Georgian, and wish we were back there again. Despite the renovations of the facade, because of which we didn't enjoy the famous verandah, the hotel was fabulous! The staff absolutely wonderful and attentive; the valet staff very helpful also.
We had a city-view suite, but wish we'd opted for the ocean-view suite (our view was of neighboring office buildings-curtains remained shut) for the breathtaking views of the ocean and the palisades. Our suite was very clean (as was the rest of the hotel) and spacious. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was spacious. As posted in earlier reviews, yes, the elevators are slow, but that's sort of part of the "old-world charm" of this historic hotel. You never wait longer than 3-4 minutes, and if nothing else, you can always take the stairs!! The breakfast was absolutely delightful (and irresistable!)- try the french toast, you won't be dissapointed! Also, great tip: opt for the bed/breakfast package available through the hotel website, for about $20 more a night, you get breakfast and valet ($20/day alone flat rate) included in your rate!! You cannot go wrong that way, trust me, I was so glad we went that route! Overall, fabulous hotel, wonderful staff, great location in Santa Monica (walking distance to EVERYTHING)! We will definitely be back to stay at the Georgian on our next trip to Los Angeles!

Comments