Holiday Inn Santa Monica Beach At The Pier

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 69% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• amandajayne81's Profile Photo

Holiday Time at the Holiday Inn

Very comfortable. Average sized rooms but the bed was massive with the most wonderful assortment of weird pillows that made for a very good nights sleep.

The staff on the desk however barely spoke English which surprised us in America. This was tricky especially as we were only finding our feet in a new country and all help would have been great.

The restaurant served the best breakfasts we had whilst in America and that is saying something because I loved Millies at Anaheim too.

Our cleaning lady was lovely although we nearly died when we returned to our room at 2pm to find the door ajar but it was her in there working away. Poor thing I think we nearly gave her a heart attack too.

Loved the free internet as well.

Directions: About a block inland from the Pier. Great location.

• yma123's Profile Photo

Great Location to everything in Santa Monica

Great Hotel & great staff... staff were very friendly.. offering tours, bikes for rent... they were great for offering tips on how to get to get major attractions!!!

Unique Quality: Good views... see my photos below... 5mins walk to main shopping strip. 2mins walk to santa monica peir & cafes...!!! gym also... breakfast was great!!! great hotel!!! Rooms were nice also

Directions: On the same street as the Santa Monica pier... see photos below!

• catchpm's Profile Photo

Great location and like most Holiday Inns

Once you've stayed in one Holiday Inn, you've stayed in them all in my experience. A very middle of the ground hotel. Not up to Radisson or Hilton/Doubletree level, but well above Travelodge type of hotel.

The Santa Monica one was no different. What it did offer however was a great location within Santa Monica, which is a great place in itself. Easy access to Beverly Hills and Hollywood, and pretty close to the airport (LAX). Freeways close by, so you could get anywhere easily (obviously need a car).

Rooms were adequate with (in my case) 2 double beds and a normal bathroom. View was on to Colorado Ave and wasn't overly noisy (although cars around day and night). Valet parking was a bargain $13 per day.

Would recommend for a nice hotel in a nice location.

Directions: Next to Santa Monica pier on Colorado avenue, close to Sta Monica freeway, Wilshire Blvd and Sta Monica Blvd

• Lys-Noir's Profile Photo

HOLIDAY INN BEACH AT THE...

HOLIDAY INN BEACH AT THE PIER

Fax: 1-310-3937145

More about Holiday Inn Santa Monica Beach At The Pier

Highly Recommended

by TripAdvisor Member JohnEverson

Absolutely perfect location for exploring all that Santa Monica has too offer - and quite reasonably priced. Breakfast buffet excellen, and staff very attentive.

Yes, there are a lot of homeless people in the area, but I didn't feel threatened at all, so please don't let that put you off.

We'd stay there again in a heart-beat!!

by TripAdvisor Member mrskenny

Everything we read here is true from the beautifully renovated rooms to the champagne upon arrival. One nit is that they should have done something to the bathroom floors - either acid wash to clean the grout or replace. Otherwise, an unbeatable location, very personable staff, good, reasonably priced, restaurant . And the bathroom towels were soft and fluffy.

Yes, there is noise from the highway. Our room was on the 6th floor, highway side, and we did hear the traffic. Solution is to just turn on the a/c fan.

The homeless folks gathered around the McDonald's were a bit off-putting at first, but no one bothered us. We also noticed the police making passes through the parking lot, so there didn't appear to be any trouble.

Great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member Ah_IC

This is a great place to stay in Santa Monica. It's close to the pier, close to the promenade, etc, etc, etc. The staff is A+ and very helpful. I stayed on a business trip the week of 01/24/05 and in the late afternoons I was able to easily take a nice stroll on the pier or beach, and had a ton of various dining establishments to choose from. And, they've added wireless high speed internet, which is a plus.

*The homeless - No worries. They don't bother anyone, and if you want to avoid them while going to the promenade just take a right coming out of the hotel, cross the street at the mall and cut through it (it spills you right into the promenade area).

Not that impressive

Location is okay but the roar of traffic is terrible in the lower levels so don't count on sleeping. Rooms are not that impressive and clean and staff is rude. There are plenty of other same standard hotels and motels close by at a better rate

It'll do me!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member SE

We're from the UK,

We travelled here, as a family of 4, kids 19 & 17, after staying at Holiday Inn's in San Francisco and Visalia, as we travelled down California.
The hotel itself was great, rooms seemed art deco style!

The location is superb!
Pier about 300 yds away.

Venice Beach about a 20 min walk along the beach, left.

Excellent brand shopping on the doorstep (right, then left at first lights 30yds, then 300 yds ), about 100 shops. A pedestrianised street, open late, good food, good entertainment!

OH! To be there again...... :-)

Santa Monica Days...

by amandajayne81

"First stop on our USA trip"

After waiting for our luggage (actually just my luggage) for about 2 hours at LAX we boarded the Supershuttle for a ride to Santa Monica. We saw houses and neighbourhoods of all types on the way and were relieved to arrive at the Holiday Inn, Santa Monica.

We were expecting great shopping and a great beachside atmosphere. Unfortunately the 'helpfullness' of the people at our hotel and generally in the hospitality industry was disappointing. No coastal towns, big or small, in Australia would survive if they treated tourists like that.

That said the Pier is fabulous as is the walk to Venice Beach which was quite warm even in Winter. We encountered some awesome shop attendants (at Macys and Body Shop mainly) and were amazed at how these shop assistants could have lines going for miles but just keep serving away without getting flustered.

L.A. - Which Hostel and where?

by Peter_Australia

I'm a first time traveller to Los Angeles and I'm trying to work where the best place to stay is. I looking at hostel type accommodation and am finding hard to gte any reliable information to help me make a booking half a world away.

From the looks of the posts that I've read it looks as though Santa Monica is preferred over West Hollywood. The two opitions I'm considering are the Orbital Hostel (Banana Bungalow) on Melrose in Hollywood or the HI at Santa Monica.

I only have 3 days in LA and want to make the most out of time. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks you.

Peter

by CliffClaven

Can given an opinion only on the Holiday Inn Santa Monica. It's a typical Holiday Inn property - i.e. nothing special but clean and comfortable - but ideally located close to the beach, Pier and the shops, restaurants and bars of Santa Monica's pedestrian area. All are within easy strolling distance, and the area seems safe and well policed.

by springbreak105

I believe there are a couple good hostels in Santa Monica and Venice Beach area. Both of those areas would be a good area to stay. I'm sure someone will know the exact name of the places I am thinking of.

by joesorce

Depends on what you want to see and do in Los Angeles. Hostel International in Santa Monica and Orbit in West Hollywood are two different areas. There are also a couple of hostels in Hollywood. What do you mean when you say make the most of your time? Most time at the beach? Shopping? Museums? Meeting People?

by RovingWyvern

www.hostelmania.com

Has description and picture of the hostel and the facilities.

by Peter_Australia

Thanks for all the replies.

Given the limited time I have in L.A. I really want to see as much as I can. I'd really like to fit in some time in Hollywood/Beverly Hills and maybe a trip to somewher like Disneyland.

I'm considering the Hostelling International at Santa Monica and really want to know whether it would be a good base to see these things. I'd also be interested whether anyone knows the arrangements to get to and from LAX.

Thanks again.