The Huntley Hotel Santa Monica

Tags

Luxury Travel Family Travel Singles
See Amenities
csordila's Profile Photo

Decent price for downtown location

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 9, 2007

We stayed at the Huntley, because it was a decent price for a hotel on 2nd street in the downtown. but not a place for the average tourist. Its location is more than good because it is close to both the beach, plenty of restaurant and local shops on the Third Street Promenade. You can eat on the top floor restaurant, the food is not bad. The bar offers great views of LA. Parking is inside the hotel for extra charge.

Unique Quality: Santa Monica attractions near the Hotel
- Palisades Park - 1 block
- Santa Monica Beach - 1 block
- Third Street Promenade - 1 block
- Santa Monica Pier - 4 blocks

Directions: 2nd street in the downtown.
Map of the Hotel

JLoeb's Profile Photo

Best unexpected Hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 5, 2007

What a great hotel. Upon check in my daugther and I thought we were in a small to medium size hotel in Europe. Rooms were fantastic even with a flat screen plasma. Wonderful Ocean View. This was a girls weekend and we could have not placed ourselves in a better location if we tried. Walking distance to everything. Shopping, eating and of course drinking all we wanted without having to worry about driving.
Best little place we wandered into off SM pier was Big Dean's. We met the most amazing people ever that totally topped off our trip. Looking forward to next time.

Unique Quality: Wonderful, quite, clean and service was great. Close to everything.

antistar's Profile Photo

The Huntley

by written on April 25, 2007

If I thought my hotel was nice, I was in for a shock when I saw where our publisher collegues were staying. Up to $500 a night to stay here, and you'll not see much change from $300 for the least expensive rooms. When I first walked into the place, I stepped into a room and saw a red Ferrari. I thought the car was part of the decor, it was that kind of hotel, only later I discovered it was the hotel's pristine resident's garage.

Downstairs is a stylish foyer, complete with llama skin rugs and piranha skeleton wall decorations. Upstairs is a grand piano bar, with fantastic views over the city and ocean.

I can't comment on its quality, but my colleagues from the publishers absolutely loved it.

RAINBOWWINGS's Profile Photo

In the centre of things....

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 25, 2006

Just 13kms from LAX airport and 1 block from the beach and Wiltshire Boulevard, this hotel was a good choice from our arrival, where the car valets take your car and your worries and park them away somewhere(never did see where and charge a whopping $26 a day)to the care and friendliness from all the staff. Rooms were a disappointment. Three rooms booked and we had one enormous room/suite and two very small end of corridor rooms. Would have been nice if we´d all had the same as glancing in open doors the majority of rooms looked huge. Well the rooms were small but were furnished beautifully with the most comfortable "pillow beds" Ive ever slept on. Bathrooms varied from room to room. I had a big shower stall, no tub, the others had both! Each room had its own mini safe BUT it wasnt bolted down to anything and could have been carried away quite easily! The big plus , of course , was the 42" plasma screen TV in all rooms. Minor things that didnt stop us enjoying our stay there.

Unique Quality: Unfortunately the restaurant on the roof..Toppers..was closed for refurbishment so they had opened another restaurant....The Garden Room Restaurant... on the second floor with a lovely terrace for enjoying breakfast or taking a cool evening pre dinner drink. Once again staff were very friendly and I love it when they remember what you drink with breakfast without having to order it!
This hotel met all our requirements and was only a short walk from all the sights and sounds that Santa Monica is famous for. After a complete renovation , the luxury is obvious....they just need to tie up a few loose ends!

RsbrySwrrl's Profile Photo

Beautiful Views and Huge Bathrooms!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 11, 2004

Checked in on Friday afternoon. The staff was lovely and so was the room. We had a balcony with views of the beach and the bathroom was huge. Also got a complimentary fruit basket on Friday evening, which was so yummy!! In room coffeemaker as well. I'd definitely recommend it. A little on the pricey side, but so worth it!

Unique Quality: Balconies with terrific views.

Nearby The Huntley Hotel Santa Monica

• Business Services
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Santa Monica Travel Forum

Need advice about Santa Monica, California? Visit the Travel Forum for Santa Monica and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Santa Monica hotel reviews

Information / Sources
Palisades Park / Other Parks
Stroll Third St, Shop and Enjoy the Ambience
Things to Do
Yes, Go to a Video Store for Fun!
Santa Monica Carousel on the Pier
Loved the Park & the Views, Minus the Homeless
Nice Area to Eat, Shop & People Watch
Lido Hotel 1931
Off The Beaten Path
Parking less complicated here!
Transportation