3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

BEST WESTERN Garden Inn
Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• Carmanah's Profile Photo

A decent accommodation for touring the wineries

This is a pretty typical Best Western motor inn, set up with outdoor entrances by the parking lot, a perfect motel for families. There's a cafe onsite and an outdoor swimming pool. My family stayed here in the summer of 1988 for a few days and it made for an excellent base for touring the nearby wineries in the Napa and Sonoma valleys.

My parents actually returned to Santa Rosa in 2006 to the very same motel. While the motel was perfectly fine (clean, safe, etc), they said that the immediate area on Santa Rosa Ave was a little different than they had remembered because it seemed to have a lot more automotive servicing shops as opposed to regular shops. Although perhaps it has undergone some changes since the late 80s, which wouldn't be surprising - a lot happens in 18 years! Either way, it was a short drive to shopping and restaurants. Most locals they met in the region couldn't understand why on earth they set up base in Santa Rosa there, but my parents thought it was fine and a convenient place to stay. It was probably also very affordable for them.

Funny enough, I have vivid childhood memories of this motel. I was 8 years old and I was colouring my Jem & the Holograms colouring book with my sister. We had Jem dolls that we'd play outside the door. We ended up meeting a girl around our age who also had a Jem doll, so we happily played together until our parents called us back. I also remember looking at the Best Western catalogues, and pointing out the Garden Inn to my parents, always letting them know that it was our motel. It's funny how some childhood details are so easily remembered!

• kymbanm's Profile Photo

Simple, and comfy ...

Best Western Garden Inn is a frequent stop for us when we are visiting in Santa Rosa. Centrally located along the main drag of town, this place has one of the few 'roll in showers' in town! The rooms also have mini refrigerators and a comfortable feel.

Frequently we squeeze 4-5 people into our room in order to save some money, and it really doesn't feel that crowded when we do :)

Comments