101 Fountaingrove Pkwy., Santa Rosa, California, 95403, United States

Travelocity Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• bpwarne's Profile Photo

A resort in town

Se stayed at this hotel for one Saturday night in May, 2009. We paid a total of $70 USD through Priceline. Breakfast was not included. Place is very nice with subdued tones. Room was large, bathroom very large, amenities first rate, very clean and very nicely decorated with all furnishings in excellent condition. Very quiet, would definitely stay here again. A steal at this price.

Unique Quality: Very nice outdoor pool and spa area. Restaurant on grounds. Very tiny gym room.

Directions: Corner of Fountaingrove Parway and Mendocino Ave., right off Hwy 101 at north end of town

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Fountaingrove Inn

The Fountaingrove Inn is a conference center and resort spa located near the wine country of Sonoma County. It is a popular starting point for tours of the vineyards in the lesser known Russian River Valley.

During our 2007 road trip from Monterey to Vancouver and back, we were fortunate enough to stay at the beautiful Fountaingrove Inn while on a budget. Rooms usually go for $200 to $500, but we were able to book a Sunday night stay for just $75 ($60 + $15 taxes and fees). The hotel has large rooms that unfortunately look out onto an ivy-covered wall and not much else. The new rooms themselves feature state-of-the-art flat screen TVs, modern art, pleasing colors, and comfy beds. Free Wi-fi, complimentary USA Today, and free parking complete the deal!

Directions: Located just off Highway 101 at the Fountaingrove Parkway.

More about Fountaingrove Inn

Simply Wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member cabound

We have just returned from a wonderful stay at the Fountaingrove Inn and have nothing but glowing remarks for this hotel and the top notch service that we received. We simply cannot say enough about the service, especially from Justin, the concierge. Justin gave us wonderful recommendations and truly cared that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. He far exceeded all of our expectations.

In addition, the hotel is very tastefully decorated and avoids the fussy interior design that afflicts so many hotels and B&Bs in the area. The Equus restaurant is also terrific and serves a great breakfast. I would recommend this place without hesitation.

A Bargain in Wine Country

by TripAdvisor Member SharonLynne

I found Fountaingrove Inn on Travelzoo promoting their Wine Escape for $109 per night. What a bargain! October in wine country is high season, and every B&B is charging well over $300 for small, mediocre rooms. I'm not a fan of "quaint" as I find most B&B's tattered and not all that clean. If you want quaint don't come to Fountaingrove....it's a conference hotel. However, if you want a large, spotless suite with an extremely comfortable bed, two TV's and a very substantial inclusive continental breakfast, this is your answer. The hotel won't provide the ambiance of personal attention, so if you need help deciding on your wine tour plans, you will prefer the inn keepers at B & B's, but that isn't worth an additional $225 per night to me, and once you begin your wine journey you meet folks at every stop who can't wait to recommend their favorite vineyards. My husband and I are from the East Coast and have been to wine country 3 times before, and have been swayed by the B&B web sites. I would not go that route again having found Fountaingrove Inn. However, if you are journeying to wine country for a romantic escape then this hotel would not be the right selection....no in-room fire places and jacuzzi's. The hotel location is superb for visiting the Russian River and Alexander Valley, and Healdsburg is a short 10-minute drive where you have the choice of dozens of restaurants and shops. If you picked up Fountaingrove Inn and put it in Healdsburg or Callistoga, the same room would be around $350 per night.

horrible customer service

We booked our wedding reception in this hotel. We put $500 down deposit to reserve one of the conference rooms. After the dinner, we paid all the dinner expenses about $2000 by credit card and the waiter told us we would get a check back for the deposit. Then, after one month, we got the check around $300, surprisely saying we didn't pay the deserts on that day. My husband and me spent half day going through all the paperwork we had with them.
Oh, it takes them one month to tell me about it. I wonder why they couldn't make a simple phone call the next day after the dinner to inform me about this. Is it all my mistake because they didn't put that desert on bill for me to sign? It made me feel so awkward because it seemed that I wanted to take advantage of them. Should somebody apologize for their mistake? I wonder who should be responsible for it.
I will never go back to their restaurant. I'm so afraid that they will give me a bill after one month, telling me I own them some money because they might forget to charge me appetizer or somthing else. It feels that a never ending bill you will have with them. I can't believe this happened today in US and in a star-rated hotel. What a shame!

Avoid this hotel

We had booked, and pre-paid for, a deluxe suite at this hotel. Upon arrival, we were given a standard room. When we pointed out that wasn't what we had booked, the staff told us too bad. They didn't have a deluxe suite available and while they knew we had pre-paid, they told us we'd have to work through the booking agent to get any refund. They then tried to blame the booking agent we had used, telling us any mix-up was their fault. Our booking agent re-confirmed they had a confirmed reservation for the correct room type from the hotel, but even they couldn't get the hotel to honor it. What seems clear is that the hotel found someone who would pay a higher rate for the room and we were given whatever was left.

In addition, the hotel is right off the freeway and is quite noisy. You can find much better accomodations in this price range.

Never Again!

by TripAdvisor Member Brown-2004

We stayed two nights. Check in was VERY slow as the woman said she was just filling in. We were upgraded to a king suite without asking and we then requested that it be a quiet room. These "suites" are in a seperate building with no elevator and there were no bell hops or anyone to assist with the luggage and this a 4*????? The quiet room ended up being the closest to the freeway so cars and trucks were roaring through our room all night. The next day we asked for help in visiting wineries in the Sonoma Valley and unbelievably the woman ( another one) knew absolutely nothing and said she wasn't yet 21 so couldn't care less. After spending the day visiting the beautiful valley we returned and decided a swim was in order only to find the pool and spa were closed for reasons not explained. In the room the bathroom fan runs continuously so every time you come out you feel like you have been in a car wash. There were slats missing in the window blinds so you were awkened early as the daylight hit you in the eyes.
The final straw was that we were awakened by a fire alarm at 1 AM and all had to evacuate the building. The fire department arrived, told us it was a false alarm and that they had reset the alarm and we could all go back to sleep. Going back to sleep obviously took a little time and just as we finally dozed off the firealarm went again at 4AM so evacuate again in PJ's. Apparently the hotel knew they had a problem much earlier as the alarm had gone off around 2PM and they took no action to fix what was obviously a defect

At checkout they agreed to pay for our two nights dinners at their restaurant BUT only after I refused to pay the bill.

Perfect place for Wine Country Visitor

by TripAdvisor Member StateRef2

My wife and I stayed here March 27, 28. The room was clean, comfortable, and very quiet. There was absolutely no road noise, and our room was on the front side. The cold breakfast buffet in the Equus Restaurant was better than an equivilant hotel where we paid $7.95 each.

The staff was friendly. Maid service was excellent.
To sum it up, my wife said that she wants to return here the next time we are in Santa Rosa.

The location was convenient for wine country travelers. Healdsburg 15 miles to the north, River Road leading into Russian River less than two miles.

In order to avoid highway 101 commute traffic, we used the Old Redwood Highway for points north of the Inn.

Santa Rosa - Charles Schultz's Home Town

by Ewingjr98

We spent just one night in Santa Rosa after a day in Sears Point at the NASCAR race and an evening in Sonoma. After our night in Santa Rosa at the Fountaingrove Inn, we headed off to beautiful Bodega Bay then up the California Coast.

Santa Rosa is a city of around 150,000 people, that sits on the edge of wine country in both the Russian River Valley and the Sonoma Valley. It has a great downtown with lots of historic buildings, and a great variety of shops and restaurants.

Comments