Santa Rosa Hotels

Our Members Say

• bcorbitt profile photo bcorbitt
  • Reviews: 103

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Doubletree Sonoma Wine Country: Behemoth of a hotel under slight repairs

I always wonder if should base review on what it is now or what I assume it will be shortly. The reason is many things were being constructed including sidewalks and elevators. The sidewalks should be done soon as one section was finished while there. I did not see any work being done on elevator nearest my room. The place is huge with around 100 rooms per floor spear out over a square block so had to walk far from working elevator to room. Fitness center was also closed so had to drive over a mile to use a 24 hour fitness. It was a nicer gym than hotel but annoying as had to sign into the 24 hour fitness as guest.

There were many nice things. Breakfast was great as being a Hilton gold level got $11 which covers cold breakfast or for 7 dollars more gets hot items. What I liked it also could be used for menu items like the breakfast burrito.

The hotel had nice pool though pool did not have umbrellas so better like the sun. There is a neighboring golf course which assume would be easy to play on.

Once repairs done will be 4 star but 2 star status of something like broken ice machines and elevators brings down to 3 stars.

Nearby golf course which I assume allows guest to play on.

Breakfast included if GOld or above members could include cold buffet or 11 dollars toward 18 dollar hot buffet cost of for individual items most costing around 13.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Golf, Business Travel, Wine Tasting
  • Written October 18, 2013

• Safaristars profile photo Safaristars
  • Reviews: 34

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Safari West Wildlife Preserve & African Tent Camp: Sleep with the Wildlife

Safari West Wildlife Preserve and African Tent Camp is an amazing place to experience. The property is 400 acres with several tents and cabins to stay in very close to the animals. We stayed in a tent (which is very nice ~ not roughing it at all) that had a view of a lake from our deck in the front and view of giraffes and other animals (that looked like sort of like deer) from the side windows. The bathroom had an opening in the canvas above the shower where you could see animals grazing on the hill. The bed was very comfortable and the few furnishing there were nice. A continental breakfast is served in the morning in the dining room. They have jeep tours twice a day in the winter and three times a day in the summer lasting about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. The tour guide was very knowledgable and entertaining. The day we took our tour it was raining so we were unable to see much of the property due to the slippery mud roads. We opted not to do the walking portion of the tour due to the rain as well. The property is beautiful and I am looking forward to going back for another stay during the summer when I can count on good weather. Sorry the photos are so poor. I opted to use my cheap camera due to the rain. I highly recommend a visit and overnight stay!

What we got to see of the property is beautiful. I recommend going in the summer when it's warmer and less chance of rain even though it's more expensive. They have incredibly inexpensive deals in the winter which is a super great deal if you get lucky with weather or are come prepared with good mud shoes and rain gear. The tents have an industrial-size space heater that did a good job of heating the room. There are electric blankets on the bed as well. In late October when we were there the bathroom was a little chilly due to the open area near the roof but fine to shower in. The night before our tour it wasn't raining and we were able to sit out on the deck and listen to the animals. It was a wonderful experience.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Zoo, Photography, Safari
  • Written October 30, 2005

• jessicadf profile photo jessicadf
  • Reviews: 705
The tent-cabin on my mom's property: Cozy, romantic spot

When they first purchased the property, my mother and step-father built a tent-cabin, reminiscent of the African safari tent-cabins. The idea was they'd have a place to stay on the weekends as they experienced the property throughout a year to understand the way the wind and light changed throughout the year, prior to settling upon a layout for the house to come. Good idea!

The cabin still stands, cozy and secluded.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written May 27, 2003
Tip Photo

Cozy cabin (photo: Yubert)

• snmred profile photo snmred
  • Reviews: 76
Since I grew up here I have...

Since I grew up here I have plenty of friends that put me up if I stay that long. My friend Janette has the best couch. Her couch is soft and comfy and it's in front of the TV which has about 200 channels. Janette always gives the softest, coziest blankets and will always make up the couch if she knows I am coming over.
Free, the girl puts up with me for free and she will feed me too. I love that Janette.

Janette is a darn cool chick!

• Opinion of Price:
  • Written September 12, 2002

• snmred profile photo snmred
  • Reviews: 76
My friend Janette's couch.: My friend Janette's couch.

Free but you cannot put a price on friendship.

The couch is soft and comfy, big enough for someone about 6'ft. tall. Janette alwasys make the couch op for you and it's right inf front of the tv which gets about 200 channels

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written September 12, 2002

• jzeidman profile photo jzeidman
  • Reviews: 65
The Sonoma Mission Inn is...

The Sonoma Mission Inn is excellent, if the price doesn't scare you off. Outstanding bruch and accomodations in a nice area of Sonoma. The Kenwood Inn and Spa is also very nice, as well as semi-pricey.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written August 26, 2002

• falicia2000 profile photo falicia2000
  • Reviews: 97

308 Wilson Street, Santa Rosa,...

308 Wilson Street, Santa Rosa, CAThe daily complimentary continental breakfast offers fresh orange juice; coffee roasted daily on the premises, muffins fresh . Room service is also available. Dining on French continental cuisine served in an atmosphere enhanced by a glowing fireplace and classic turn of the century architecture, will provide an experience to remember.

• Opinion of Price: