3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• mikehanneman's Profile Photo

Nice but some issues

The lodge in beautiful. The only problem I can see is getting to your room. It is set back away from the lodge and you have to carry your luggage around a lot. I almst feel due to a lack of lighting on the steps. I told this to the office.

• I'd rather be camping!

We just spent two nights here and we felt the hotel was over-priced and has some worst service. First of all, the rooms are far away from the lobby. We have seen many people dragged their luggeages to the lobby to check in but to find out they have to drag theor luggages back to their cars and drive to the rooms. Secondly, the food are very expensive, though taste not too bad. You felt like being robbed just because you have to eat there. Thirdly, the wireless internet is only available in the lobby but not the rooms! I can't believe they are so cheap to install some access points with the high prices they charge us. Last but not least, they don't even change towels for you. After we came back from our hiking, we were surprised to find out the room service hung our dirty towels by the door and bath tub! This is the first hotel I stayed that do not provide fresh and clean towels to customers!!! With the price they charged and the service they proivided, I'd rather be camping!

Unique Quality: You may see deers by the hotel.

Directions: Sequoia National Park

• CarenCooke's Profile Photo

Alternative to camping in Sequoia

Our family stayed here for 3 nights in July 2005. The Lodge consists of the Village Center (lobby, restaurant, and small gift shop), and the rooms in three sperate two story buildings (no elevators) just up the hill. We stayed in a junior suite, which was clean and comfortable, and decorated in woodsy colors. Our bathroom was painted mossy green! We had a small refirigerator. Since they try to be as natural as possible, there is no air conditioning, just a ceiling fan. It can get quite hot during the day, especially if you're on the "sunny " side of the building. (Our room faced the forest so it stayed a bit cooler.) Like the hotel, the restaurant was nice but very expensive for what you get. It's cheaper to go to the Lodgepole visitors center and get their deli or "fast" food, or buy food in the little grocery store. We enjoyed our stay and would stay there again. We recommend the lodge for those wanting a more comfortable place to stay within the park.

• chewy3326's Profile Photo

Over-priced sprawl

There were pros and cons to Wuksachi, though in some cases the cons ruled out the pros. First of all, the complex was very basically sprawl. This is a national park, not some resort. Also, the lodge buildings were too far from the parking lot, and the rooms had TVs, and cost about $175 a night. Neither the price nor the amenities are needed in a national park- Cedar Grove Lodge is much more of what I expect in a national park. Also, the dining room at the lodge was reservations-only. The lodge also appeals too much to tourists who don't understand the point of national parks very well (during my visit, I saw people petting and feeding deer. Disgusting). On the brighter side, there were good views of peaks on the Siliman Crest.

Unique Quality: While I have said a lot of negative things about this lodge, to tell the truth, it's not that bad. The views are good, and you can ramble around the lodge grounds and see deer (which sadly were eating from trash) and other wildlife.

More about Wuksachi Lodge & Village

Sequoia National Park's newest "hotel".

by One_Canadian about Wuksachi Lodge

Wuksachi Lodge is made up of a main lodge (which houses the reception desk, restaurant and small store) and 3 separate buildings where the hotel rooms are. The buildings blend into the surrounding forest quite well but we couldn't see the "views" that are mentioned on the web page. We stayed here in early November before the snow fell so there were hardly any other people in our building. If you want to explore Sequoia without “roughing it” this is the place to stay. (For the best rates book online) Great location! It's located in the Giant Forest Area only two miles north of the Lodgepole Visitor and Market Center.

Camp in the Mountains

by Suzie3

Bearpaw Meadows Tent Camp. An absolutely wonderful place. I never would have dreamed I would be that comfortable up in the mountains. It is an almost 12 mile hike to get up there but well worth it.

Don't expect to loose weight though, they feed you so much that you will generally gain while there. Lots of day hikes around there from the camp. Million dollar views everywhere you look.

For a less costly stay in that area there is a very nice campground where you can set up a tent right nearby.

They advise you to spend at least one night in the altitude to adjust before heading out. Wuksachi Lodge is very nice and is where most people stay. They will pack you a hikers lunch if you let them know the night before.

Staying longer than a daytrip?

by Sequoia

Want a hotel room? Best to make reservations long in advance for the warmer months. Same with campsites as camping is permitted only in designated campgrounds outside the "backcountry" areas of the park.

Wuksachi Village: (888) 252-5757

Campsite reservations: (800) 365-2267
Facilities at the campsites will vary. Cost ranges from $12-20 per day.

No RV hookups

Backcountry permits and trail entry reservations info: (559) 565-3766.
There is a $15 fee being instituted for hiking parties.

Wuksachi was great

by TripAdvisor Member Ellz

We also stayed at Wuksachi lodge and loved it. Its location is beautiful...I loved the way the large windows opened.....and it was very clean. The room was very large and comfortable with all the usual amenities. It was just a short walk from the main lodge which has a restaurant and store. We also ate dinner at the main lodge and it was excellent. Not a fussy elegant place, but more a place where you can go in your shorts and t-shirt, or dress up and no one cared. Lots of families there for dinner. Service was great and friendly. I think our room was $90. It would definitely be my choice if we went again.

Call Confirmed My Suspicions

by TripAdvisor Member MdGen

I'll be visiting Sequoia/Kings Canyon Parks next June and was interested in staying at the Wuksachi Lodge, but I was concerned by several tripadvisor reviews which mentioned that the lack of air conditioning can be a problem in the summer. So I called the hotel to see what advice they offered. The response I got from the gentleman at the reservations desk was interesting.

When I asked if no air conditioning was a problem in June, I was brusquely told that if it was a problem they wouldn't have built the lodge without air conditioning. When I said that I had heard of people complaining about it, I was told that no one had ever complained to him, and his tone and word choice implied that what I was saying was absurd. So, I told him that there were reviews on tripadvisor.com that mentioned it being difficult to sleep because of the heat. He replied that he didn't understand that, since nights are cool there in the summer. Interestingly, he didn't ask me for more information on the web site, as one might expect if he were unfamiliar with it and was concerned that negative reviews were posted there.

I certainly didn't come away from this conversation reassured that I would have a comfortable stay at the Wuksachi Lodge. (Or a pleasant stay, if this gentleman's attitude is any indication of the staff in general.) I opted not to make a reservation.

The best around

My husband and I took my granddaughter to the Wuksachi lodge for a few days this summer. The experience was very, very pleasant. The service was terrific, very courteous and the food delicious. Our room was clean. It was located upstairs with windows that opened, ceiling fans kept the room very comfortable. There is no air conditioning, however that was OK! We did have a TV in our room, which made it nice in the evening after retiring. The view and surroundings were lovely and every morning and evening the deer would feed in front of our room and on the hillside. There are many trails there, so we definitely took advantage of that & my granddaughter had a great time. We are definitely going back again, overall it was a delightful experience.

Wuksachi LodgeWuksachi Lodge